Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Win a Philosophy "Mom Essentials" Tote (5 winners!)

Re: Win a Philosophy "Mom Essentials" Tote (5 winners!)

• Options
    I keep up (or try to!) my hair appointments every 12 weeks. A cut and color takes nearly three hours of pampering and I walk out of the salon looking good. Mommy needs her highlights...and the mini break.
  • Options
    It's not very often that I get to pamper myself.  My DH and I work opposite schedules so we never have a day off together, and he works 24 hour shifts so when he doens't come home three nights a week.  The things I do for myself are have a girls dinner once a month (no kids, no husbands), and every other month I go for a waxing and have my hair done.  Not a really big deal, but it is so relaxing to sit and have no responsiblities for a few hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I try to get a pedicure every 2 weeks! This is really a pampering me moment and makes me feel pretty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love relax to by starting and ending my day with about 30-45 minutes of Yoga. It makes me feel so limber and my aches just melt away. I also love to snuggle up in bed and read a baby or parenting magazine until my eyes get heavy.
  • Options
    I treat myself to a pedicure and quiet time!
  • Options

Every night before bed, I put a warm-hot washcloth on my face and let it soak for a few minutes,  It's my own little "spa" trick and it completely relaxes me for the night (plus makes me skin look fresh!).  Of course, I follow it up with cozy pj's and fluffy socks for a perfect nights sleep!

xoxo

• Options
    I know this sounds so simple and silly, but I consider getting myself the occasional Starbucks a huge treat just for myself. I know its ridiculously overpriced but I never spend any money on myself, so a couple of $3.50 coffees a month is what I do for myself.. and it feels good!
  • Options
    I enjoy the heating pad on my back and relaxing watching one of my favorite shows.
  • Options
    Definitely a massage- it's the splurge that is definitely worth every penny when you're bump is so big!
  • Options
    I believe nearly all ailments (including stress) can be relieved in a warm bath with herbs and candlelight, so this is what I randomly do when I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed!  Once I'm good and relaxed from my soak (and the hot water heater has recovered), I drain the tub and shower off for my actual cleaning/shaving/hair washing routine.  It leaves me feeling both relaxed and refreshed!
  • Options
    • I RELAX MOST RIGHT BEFORE BED.  DH SCRATCHES MY BACK, & I LATHER UP WITH LAVENDER CREAMS.  I ALSO LOVE HAVING A GLASS OF WINE WITH DINNER
      -- Jackie
      "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    • Options
      I LOVE going to Target and strolling the aisles. 
    • Options
      I lie on my couch with my cats curled up next to my tummy or at my feet.
    • Options
      I take a nice long warm shower and then use a good lotion to moisturize.
    • Options
      With a toddler and a baby-on-the-way I don't have much opportunity for pampering, but I do love to take a hot bubble bath and read a book after my son is in bed! 
    • Options
      I always take time out of every day to sit with some sort of word puzzle. It calms me down and I don't have to think about ANYTHING else while I do it. Weird way to pamper myself, but it works!
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • Options
      I give myself an at home mani-pedi every couple weeks and change nail polish at least once a week.  :)
    • Options
      At least once a month I go out to breakfast with a friend. It's great to start the day off with something yummy, and I feel totally relaxed by the time I get to work!
    • Options
      Mornings are always rushed for us, so a couple days a week I take my shower at night after the kids are in bed instead of in the morning. I use all my good smelling products, condition my hair, shave my legs, and all the other things I skip when I'm in a hurry in the mornings. Then I relax in bed with a drink and my favorite shows on Tivo.

• Options

I stay in bed after my husband gets up and lets him feed the cats and get breakfast set-up - just an extra 15-30 minutes helps - I never knew since I was always the type to pop up out of bed first and get going.

• Options
      Philisophy is my favorite luxury product line to use! I am using the Grace shower gel right now and its such a light, fresh scent. Enjoying my last few long bubble baths before baby!
    • Options
      I give myself a 15 minute foot rub and belly massage with my favorite lotion after I take a nice long bubble bath and read my favorite book.
    • Options
      I run a nice bubble bath and try to relax all those little pains in my hips away :)
    • Options

I use philosophy all the time and love the smell of it.  When I'm in the shower, use a little bit more amazing grace shampoo than I really need and make a huge head of lather while I massage my scalp.

• Options
      I wake up early to make myself some local, organic tea and read while I eat breakfast.
    • Options
      About once a month, my mom and I go and get very relaxing pedicures.
    • Options

I love to take a fabulous scented lotion and use it all over my body after a long steamy hot shower.  It is so soothing and when I get a whiff of the scent throughout the day, it brings me back to that soothing, relaxing time showering that morning.

I'm always looking for something that makes me feel good about myself.  It brightens my day!

Tray, 39 DD born on 9/30/10 Expecting #2!! BabyFruit Ticker
    • Options
      Pampering myself is when I get to take an extra 10 minutes in a nice lukewarm shower. Just standing there, letting the water hit my back is relaxing.
    • Options
      my husband bought me a foot spa, so I spend about 30 minutes every saturday soaking my feet and relaxing. It's nice to feel a little pampered. I also take myself for a mani/pedi every now and then when time allows. Now that I'm pregnant, I get my husband to rub my back until I go to sleep. It helps ease me into a restful night's sleep! :)
    • Options

Well although I feel like it very hard for me to really focus on myself because I have to literally make myself...with a husband, 2 busy boys, work, a house and life.....I have decided that every night after I put the kiddo's to bed etc. I go and lay in bed..process the day and have quiet time. Sometimes I do get a bath in which totally relaxes me...but quiet time is my pampering lately! 

Sincerely,

Holly in Washington :0) 

• Options
      Once monthly pre-natal massages with short chair massages in between.  DH's cousin is a licensed massage therapist and comes to my house! 
    • Options
      I take a nice, long bath and read whenever I get a chance (which isn't often enough).
    • Options

Everyday when I come home from work, i allow myself 5 minutes of quite time. During that time I give myself a quick foot and leg massage. It helps me relax my tired achy feet before I start my second shift as Mommy.

candice

• Options

I take my time drinking my morning coffee before things get hectic for the day.

• Options
      I try to take at least 15 min every day to read a chapter in whatever book I am reading, just time to sit quietly by myself and relax...being a new mommy it isn't always easy to do, but it is well worth it!
      ~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • Options
      I have a bath with relaxing bath oils 3 to 4 nights a week with a cup of tea, candles, and a good book. It is my time to myself and is very relaxing.
    • Options
      Every sunday, I make a big cup of tea, listen to my ipod and give myself a pedicure. 
    • Options
      I LOVE to get my nails done, pedicure, facial, anything that will take me to a mini spa vacation away from the stressors of the day, week, or month.  I love to read and get away in my own literary world, too, to pamper my mind and my body.
    • Options

I make myself a hot tea, Mighty T Chamomile Blend, turn on the electric fireplace, and snuggle under my microfibre blankey. Smile

• Options

after dinner and my kids are asleep my husbands whips up my favorite banana milkshake lits up a glade candle and rubs my feet.

mommy of:

ANAI 6, NATALIE 4, JONATHAN 1, ALEXANDER 5MONTHS :)

This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "