Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Ya'll are some heartless...

13»

Re: Ya'll are some heartless...

• Options
    imageskittles_123:

My ds has autism. The laws in my state, thank goodness cover his therapies. Not all states have that same luxury. We didn't know about the available private health insurance plans to cover him until 3 months into therapy. Before that we were relying on my dh's employer to cover, which they ended up denying after an exhaustive appeals process. Basically, they denied because they do not think there is a cure and they are exempt from the state law because they are self-funded. So, in the meantime we have racked up a lot of debt and borrowed from family, thinking we were going to get paid back. So, the company pretty much makes the decisions for our healthcare and it sucked. If the government decides to rule over healthcare, my ds will loose most of the therapist he has, because they will go out of business.

I think all children, elderly and disabled deserve insurance, no matter what. Everyone else, as heartless as some of you may think this is, needs to get a job. And this is coming from a mom of a disabled child.   

Sadly, there are not enough jobs out there for people to just go "get."  Even if there were, not all of them provide insurance and/or pay people enough to get it on their own.  No matter how many jobs they are piecing together.

Also, I am very sorry about your son and I'm so very glad he's getting the care he needs.  That said, I think you're jumping the gun a little bit in assuming he won't get care under the new bill.  Wait and see.  I think that's all any of us can do.

ETA: Even if people WERE able to find employment to get their own coverage, many will be denied coverage as a result of pre-existing conditions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options

skittles, be logical:

1.  The majority of people caught in the health care crisis DO have jobs.  Good ones. 

2.  It's not so simple to just go get a job. 

3.  Even if they did, it's no guarantee they would get hc benefits or be able to afford a plan on their own.  Therein lies the greatest problem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageskittles_123:

I think all children, elderly and disabled deserve insurance, no matter what. Everyone else, as heartless as some of you may think this is, needs to get a job. And this is coming from a mom of a disabled child.   

Have you read the rest of this thread or even watched the news at all? A huge issue in this country is people who have jobs and cannot afford health insurance, or their job does not provide it to them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs.DMC:
    Oh, for the love! It was a quick spelling error and a typo. Move along now. And in the OP they weren't capitalized, prehaps if they were I would have realized it...lol.When reading all the "compassionate" posters stories about scenario's they have seen and heard of, I never once read that these gals opened up their wallets and forked over their money to cover the cost of someone else's medical care or prescriptions.really? you want to go there? because i am one of those people and we can talk about the Rx's that i bought for my mommom before she died. or the way my family and i took care of her while she was dying because hospice only came a few times a week and we couldnt afford a private nurse or to put her into a nursing home. her insurance covered none of that.seriously, stop. you said some really dumb, flippant stuff last night. i'm sorry you cant see how insulting your comments were to anyone in ANY job. whether they are a scientist or cart pusher. just own it and move on. dont keep trying to crap all over those of us with a heart to cover up your lack of compassion and understanding. disagree all you want but stop discrediting people that you know nothing about.and it is PERHAPS. 
  • Options
    imageMrs.DMC:

When reading all the "compassionate" posters stories about scenario's they have seen and heard of, I never once read that these gals opened up their wallets and forked over their money to cover the cost of someone else's medical care or prescriptions.

Sweet Jesus.  Because they never talked about it, it didn't happen? 

I'm trying to be objective with you, but you're making it very difficult to respect you.  You just called Kel ignorant and then said this.  You should probably stop.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMomma.Brown:
    imageMrs.DMC:

and it is PERHAPS. 

It is a good thing you clarified that for me...I thought prehaps was a word::eyeroll:: Typo.

I don't feel the need to turn this into a contest over who has the most compassion for others. Everybody has compassion for one thing or another. I was with my father when he lost his battle...that no amount of insurance would have cured.

I am sorry about your mommom. She was very lucky to have her family to support her through her battle with life. There is no doubt in my mind that anyone around this place would do what they are capable of to support a loved one in need.

• Options
    imageHeather R:
    imageMrs.DMC:

I'm trying to be objective with you, but you're making it very difficult to respect you.  You just called Kel ignorant and then said this.  You should probably stop.

I should stop because apparently there is no way to control the bleeding of some people's hearts. I am glad that we can all share our opinions though.

• Options
    imagekgrl21:

I'm also gonna go on and put this out there, but I'm now really annoyed with some of the "health care is not a right" poster's that are rocking the pink shoe. Really? You are supportive to this Nestie but not to all the other people who can't afford to even go to the dr. in the first place. Often till it's to late.

And I'm in no way trying to be a smart azz about the shoe. Not as someone who lost a very loved member of my family to breast cancer. But it feels a little wrong to me. It would be really nice if everyone had the chance to stomp out cancer.

?

I won't bother to list the countless people I have lost to cancer. ?But this comment is turning my point into something totally different. ?And if you want to believe my agenda is letting people die, then go ahead. But it sounds stupid. I don't know anyone who feels that way. I have been denied a mammo with a lump in my breast because I'm under 35. ?That is WITH health insurance. My Mother was denied a lung x-ray and had to DEMAND IT and they found lung cancer when she finally got the x-ray. There is no 'doubt that people shouldn't have to live like this - and my stories are GOOD ONES with happy endings - I imagine there are countless people that DIE because they can't even afford to get checked. That is WRONG. I never said this was OK - you have totally changed my argument into something else to fit your agenda.?

?All that I said was that INSURANCE isn't a right. It is a paid service and a shitty one at that. The answer isn't to give it to everyone at the cost of everyone - it will just make a crummier system with less money and more problems .If I knew the answer ?I would tell you and share it with the Governemnt. I DON'T KNOW. Do you have an answer? B/c the existing plan doesn't sound to me like it will work. Middle class will feel the higher taxes and it will cause more finanical woes.?

?Somehow this went from an argument about insurance to "kill the poor sick people". So stupid. If you really think that's what I mean you have reading comprehension problems, or you are just looking for what you want to find in my responses.

?

• Options
    imageHeather R:
    imageMrs.DMC:

When reading all the "compassionate" posters stories about scenario's they have seen and heard of, I never once read that these gals opened up their wallets and forked over their money to cover the cost of someone else's medical care or prescriptions.

yes, the best solution to the current healthcare crisis is for people to rely on random strangers to gift them with money to pay hospital bills.  Confusedomg, that's the most idiotic thing i've heard in a while.

btw, i would venture most families on this board have been the recipients of aid, or given aid to other members of their family when money got tight and bills need to be paid.  but good for you for being such an island of self sustainability.

• Options

I must add that my son is on medicaid for his disability. They don't pay for the number one therapy-ABA, proven to be effective in treating autism. Why would they even think of paying it if this bill goes through. My family is in the lower middle class, and the medicaid we received was based on our income and pretty much stated we would have to acquire at least on average over 25K in medical bills per year before they would even kick in. How does that help us-it doesn't since the bulk of his bills are for ABA, and they don't even cover that. So, only his OT and ST he is getting, which doesn't even come close to meeting that yearly amount. Is this the type of healthcare I want for my child? And it will probably be even worse if the bill gets passed.

Our therapist have told us, that they know for a fact that they will not be able to keep open shop if it passes. I purchased a measley $183 per month private plan,  with a $1500 deductible per year, which covers everything for my son every month. Compared to the $2500 per month we were spending prior to this plan, and would have paid pretty much until my son was into adulthood with this plan, I think we can afford that. We were strapped before that plan, but we make it work, we make sacrifices.

So personally, this healthcare plan would be devastating to our family. It may work for some, but for us, it just doesn't work.

• Options
    imageCrazeyJaneyR:
    imagekgrl21:

I'm also gonna go on and put this out there, but I'm now really annoyed with some of the "health care is not a right" poster's that are rocking the pink shoe. Really? You are supportive to this Nestie but not to all the other people who can't afford to even go to the dr. in the first place. Often till it's to late.

And I'm in no way trying to be a smart azz about the shoe. Not as someone who lost a very loved member of my family to breast cancer. But it feels a little wrong to me. It would be really nice if everyone had the chance to stomp out cancer.

I won't bother to list the countless people I have lost to cancer.  But this comment is turning my point into something totally different.  And if you want to believe my agenda is letting people die, then go ahead. But it sounds stupid. I don't know anyone who feels that way. I have been denied a mammo with a lump in my breast because I'm under 35.  That is WITH health insurance. My Mother was denied a lung x-ray and had to DEMAND IT and they found lung cancer when she finally got the x-ray. There is no 'doubt that people shouldn't have to live like this - and my stories are GOOD ONES with happy endings - I imagine there are countless people that DIE because they can't even afford to get checked. That is WRONG. I never said this was OK - you have totally changed my argument into something else to fit your agenda. 

All that I said was that INSURANCE isn't a right. It is a paid service and a shitty one at that. The answer isn't to give it to everyone at the cost of everyone - it will just make a crummier system with less money and more problems .If I knew the answer  I would tell you and share it with the Governemnt. I DON'T KNOW. Do you have an answer? B/c the existing plan doesn't sound to me like it will work. Middle class will feel the higher taxes and it will cause more finanical woes. 

Somehow this went from an argument about insurance to "kill the poor sick people". So stupid. If you really think that's what I mean you have reading comprehension problems, or you are just looking for what you want to find in my responses.

We can continue this go round and debate reading comprehension, but I think you showed us last night that your logical thinking skills leave a lil sumthin sumthin to be desired. Fine, health insurance is NOT a right, but it's still needed to get care. So you are in favor of all people getting health care because that IS a right but not in favor of everyone getting the actual insurance that allows them to get the care?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"