Options

Rant:Blame it on the Prego!

2»

Re: Rant:Blame it on the Prego!

• Options
    imageshortyred919:
    imageCathyMD:

Oh my.

You have your head so far up your asss I bet we could see if it you opened your mouth.

(It would appear thought, that you best leave said mouth closed).

Mercy.

Oh, Cathy, I've missed you! I hope you are doing well! 

Hello precious! Look at that bump :)

• Options

Poking my head in to say hi to Cathy too :)

Although I had hoped that this fool would've DD'ed before you guys found this post. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekarilbarnes57:
    imagestephelias:

Wow, I am offended. You sound like one selfish b!tch.

As a Marine wife, I can tell you it is HARD. We are not "handed" anything. I have lived on base before and the only advantages vs. living in town are that you don't pay sales tax and you don't pay utilities. Even then it is a rip-off. They take your housing allowance when you live on base so it's not like you live there for free, and let me tell you base housing is not worth all the allowance.

I'm not sure what "everything" means when you say "everything is handed to them." Yes, the insurance is great and you can't beat the job security. But would you be willing to live as a single mother while your husband is deployed overseas risking his life, just to be "handed" such things? DH is going to Afghanistan for a year and I am scared sh!tless. What I wouldn't give to NOT have to worry about my husband dying overseas.

I do not want sympathy (it is the life DH chose after all, and I married him knowing what it would be like) and I do not have a sense of entitlement for being a military wife. I just feel it necessary to share these things when ignorant people like you make thoughtless comments like you did. 

Well said.. apparently ignorance is bliss. As for having things handed to military families: They take a $2,000 housing allowance away from us every month for living on base. My husband works 14 hour days while here, and is gone for 7 month deployments... of course there are perks, but at the end of the day I think we f*cking deserve it.  

Yes. We just moved off base from Camp Pendleton and it sucked major @ss. No air conditioning! And giving up over $1700. Now that DH picked up SSgt, we said no way we are giving up over $2000 to live there!! Yes there are perks but I think the crap we go through outweighs them by far.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    After several months on these boards, NOTHING has made me as angry as this post. I have nothing to add to what others have already said, except that I think you need help.  WOW!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out if there is something seriously wrong with you.  I am hoping that you are just spewing crap out of your mouth due to the unfortunate instance of your fathers death.  Although, that is not a reason to be such a trashy individual.  You need to get some help!
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    You get a giant FAIL on empathy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

You don't understand an f-ing thing about the hurt your sister is experiencing.  Until you walk a day in our shoes, don't you EVER criticize a woman experiencing infertility.  You would run screaming for your life.

And don't mess with those military wives...they will tear you a new one if you even allude that their lives are a cakewalk...again, you would run screaming if you had their struggles.

Little girl, you have a lot of learning to do.

PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageaetennis:
    I didnt mean it that way.. the people I know are like that... and agian i complimented the ones that got pregnant after trying.

First of all, I'll just beat the grammatical dead horse: it's "who" not "that". That=object. Who=person. Normally I don't nitpick grammar, but you epic suck.

And, thank you so much for the compliment. Because I suffered through 2 years of infertililty to be complimented. I shudder to think of what you think of all the wonderful women who were unable to conceive even after years of trying. On second thought, I don't care what you think.  I hope you grow up and learn to see life through other people's eyes. Not because I give one ratsass about you, but for the sake of your innocent child.

• Options

I am really sorry you are having a hard time and for the loss of your father and I really truly hope things get better for you, but the whole thing about your sister's husband in the Air Force and having things "handed to them" kind of bothered me a little bit.

You see, while we military families do have benefits that outweigh some civilian things, do you not realize the sacrifices we make to EARN those things?

My DH has been in Afghanistan since my 11th week of pregnancy.  Before I go any further, YES he did sign that dotted line and that is his duty, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve what gets "handed to him."  Never once has he heard the heartbeat of our child, he hasn't seen me with a "baby bump" (except in pictures), never felt any kicks from our son...nothing!!!!  I pray to God every night that he will make it long enough to be able to attend the birth of our son and even if he does, he has to leave us 2 weeks later and won't be home again until our son is 6 months old.

My husband is in a place where he doesn't have internet, so we don't get to e-mail or webchat with each other and every phone call he gets to make only lasts 30 minutes...that is if we don't get cut off beforehand because there isn't enough bandwith to support the satellite phones....we don't even really get to write letters because he is so far out from anywhere that takes and ships mail on a regular basis, that sometimes the letters I get from him are over a month old.

Maybe you don't know what it's like to be in the military or love someone who is, but next time you should do a little research before you make such generalizations.  My husband does not have ANYTHING handed to him, I think he D@MN well deserves everything he has and probably deserves a little more....as well as all of the other military families.  We all make sacrifices and it's not as easy as you think!!!

• Options

Wow! You really just don't get it. 

I should have been joining this board today but instead you will find me on the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss board.  

I lost my baby on the 1st of October at 9 weeks 3 days and after struggling with infertility I am back to square one and not knowing if I'll ever get pregnant and carry that baby to term.

You should just enjoy what you have and not complain about something you don't understand.  

It is women like you that make some of us so much more bitter.  

• Options

1. You are a pathetic person for assuming infertile woman are that consumed with your situation. Don't flatter yourself.

2. Never use the word Prego again. That is so tacky.

3. Take it from a person who has experienced 2 losses and infertility. We long for the day when we can feel everything you complain about in your pregnancy. 

4. Eff you for insulting a community of the strongest women you will ever encounter. You do not deserve our support.

02/08 BFP resulted in m/c 4/10/08 (11 weeks)
    10/08 Clomid Cycle #1 = m/c 11/7/08 (6 weeks)
    03/09 Clomid Cycle #2 = BFN
    3 rounds of Femara + Ovidrel + IUI =BFN
    10/18/09 2nd Break Cycle (post HSG) before IVF #1 = BFP!

? The world thought I had it all, but I was waiting for you. ?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Megjr8
  • Options
    imageBravoBravo:

I really have no words, except learn how to spell. 

Exactly!  Your post is very hard to decipher with the lack of punctuation and atrocious spelling.  And I won't even touch on all the moronic things you said.  The previous posters did a great job with that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • Options
    imagegringa78:

You don't understand an f-ing thing about the hurt your sister is experiencing.  Until you walk a day in our shoes, don't you EVER criticize a woman experiencing infertility.  You would run screaming for your life.

And don't mess with those military wives...they will tear you a new one if you even allude that their lives are a cakewalk...again, you would run screaming if you had their struggles.

Little girl, you have a lot of learning to do.

LOL THIS! This is exactly what I would have to say to you. I'm a military wife. My husband is currently deployed and I give you  a big fat F you. I would like to see you go to a funeral of a service member and tell the family "well atleast you have everything handed to you." You are ignorant. Open your eyes to other people's views and struggles and not be so selfish in your own world.

• Options

I am not sure I can say things any more eloquent that anyone else on this board...

I am angry on MANY levels

I am struggling with Infertility, and the wife of a Major in the AirForce. And after dealing with many losses in my family (even my first husband, 6 months after we were married), You CAN NOT blame your stupidity on the death of your father. You own your stupidity.

Furthermore, I am not looking at you with disgust because you are pregnant..that is just a damn shame for your future child to be born to such an inconsiderate mother, I am looking at you wishing you the best despite your stupidity!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options
    imageHello_Nicole:

I am really sorry you are having a hard time and for the loss of your father and I really truly hope things get better for you, but the whole thing about your sister's husband in the Air Force and having things "handed to them" kind of bothered me a little bit.

You see, while we military families do have benefits that outweigh some civilian things, do you not realize the sacrifices we make to EARN those things?

My DH has been in Afghanistan since my 11th week of pregnancy.  Before I go any further, YES he did sign that dotted line and that is his duty, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve what gets "handed to him."  Never once has he heard the heartbeat of our child, he hasn't seen me with a "baby bump" (except in pictures), never felt any kicks from our son...nothing!!!!  I pray to God every night that he will make it long enough to be able to attend the birth of our son and even if he does, he has to leave us 2 weeks later and won't be home again until our son is 6 months old.

My husband is in a place where he doesn't have internet, so we don't get to e-mail or webchat with each other and every phone call he gets to make only lasts 30 minutes...that is if we don't get cut off beforehand because there isn't enough bandwith to support the satellite phones....we don't even really get to write letters because he is so far out from anywhere that takes and ships mail on a regular basis, that sometimes the letters I get from him are over a month old.

Maybe you don't know what it's like to be in the military or love someone who is, but next time you should do a little research before you make such generalizations.  My husband does not have ANYTHING handed to him, I think he D@MN well deserves everything he has and probably deserves a little more....as well as all of the other military families.  We all make sacrifices and it's not as easy as you think!!!

Just wanted to tell you I was/am in the exact same situation and know how difficult it is. I wanted to give you some hope and tell you my DH made it for the birth. I feel truly blessed because we both know how hard it is to plan that. I hope you get to have it the same way as only you guys deserve. Fortunately my DH is coming home a month early and he will be home soon! Keep your head up till the end! Once the baby gets here time will fly by.

• Options
    imageHello_Nicole:

Yes 

• Options
    imagemommyinwaiting:
    imageHello_Nicole:

Just wanted to tell you I was/am in the exact same situation and know how difficult it is. I wanted to give you some hope and tell you my DH made it for the birth. I feel truly blessed because we both know how hard it is to plan that. I hope you get to have it the same way as only you guys deserve. Fortunately my DH is coming home a month early and he will be home soon! Keep your head up till the end! Once the baby gets here time will fly by.

Thank you Smile  It's not easy, but I know God picked us because we are strong enough to handle it!  I am so glad your DH is coming home to you soon!

• Options
    The other military wives did an excellent job of saying what's what, but know this-you have a lot of f-in growing up to do.  Enough said.
  • Options

You are a giant douche.

But maybe that's my bitterness talking.

TTC since April 2008

Me: PCOS/Amenorrhea DH: Azoospermia due to Y Chromosome Micro Deletion IVF w/ ICSI on hold until further notice

Hope

• Options

You have a lot of growing up to do. You've insulted me three times with your post. I'm an AF wife who has PCOS and I lost my father when I was 19. 

Being married to the military is far from easy. You may think we have things handed to us, but seriously just look at the sh!t we put up with. There are days where I barely see my husband and I'm dealing with a 3 month old basically on my own. It is not easy, but it is the life we choose. Better us than you.

I want you to imagine what it is like to be told you'll never have children or to lose one along the way. I was lucky that after years of treatment before I met DH and a lot of weight loss that I was able to conceive. Just remember, having children isn't a right; it is a privilege.

I know how hard it is to lose a father (a man who was my best friend,) but it gives you no right to behave like this. Unlike you, my father never met my DH. He never saw my wedding. He will never meet our children.  Maybe you should think about how you are treating your mother and sister before you have no one left.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Hi 2nd Trimester Mommies2B! I am TOTALLY visiting from the Military Newlyweds board and just thought I'd pop in to say

STFU JACKASS!

Okay... on that note. I wish all of you a happy and heathy pregnancy and here are a couple of buckets of sticky dust for all of you strong women who are carrying a special L.O. after a loss --- and some sticky dust for everyone else as well.

Alright... I feel better. I am going to go check out my hand-outs, I get double the freebies cause hubby and I are both in the Military! YAY me! Sugar drops Rainbows and Free Military Shiz!

• Options
    I am your worst nightmare. Not only was everything handed me throughout a childhood as an Air Force brat nut now I'm ruining your pregnancy with my infertile hormones. I think you've been mistaken though- those infertile women are not looking at you with disgust because you're pregnant- it's because they can sense dumbass from a mile off. It's one of those little known side effects of having a useless ute.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Options
    HI! I've been enlisted 5 years and DH has been in for almost 10. Where's our free shitt?
  • Options

I can't deal with this right now because I am dealing with an idiot LIKE YOU in real life.

You are completely disgusting. K thanks. Bye.

"So no, I
  • Options

I'm sorry. I want to respond to this post, but I can't understand it. Could you please go back and fix the misspellings, incomplete sentences, and generally confusing train of thought?

Also, I applaud you for trying!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

When people compete with their level of grief, I tend to think it means that they don't feel like the other person is validating their grief, KWIM?  I also tend to think that if every infertile woman in your life is gives you a look or gives you grief for being pregnant, then maybe you should think about how your actions might be causing it.

Instead of spending all your energy thinking about how you are being wronged, try some self-introspection.  You are going to need a LOT of perspective once that baby is born.

• Options
    Living on an air force base does not mean she has everything handed to her. It's actually very difficult living on a military base. 
  • Options
    OP, where did you go?  Do you not care to defend your ignorance?
  • Options
    imagelissaholly:

When people compete with their level of grief, I tend to think it means that they don't feel like the other person is validating their grief, KWIM?  I also tend to think that if every infertile woman in your life is gives you a look or gives you grief for being pregnant, then maybe you should think about how your actions might be causing it.

OR.. the OP could just be that ugly (inside and out) of a human being that it's hard for people not to stare :)

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Options

It doesn't sound like any of you are handling your dad's passing like adults, and are just lashing out at each other.  Your comments about infertile women and military life are extremely ignorant and immature, which sort of makes your whole post make sense, in a weird way.

I'm glad you have everything all figured out.  I just needed to LIVE HAPPILY when I was losing my babies.  Thanks for the advice!

• Options

You are an asshat wearing cvntbag.

The fact that you have the AUDACITY to come on a message board and spew such ignorant garbage really blows my mind.  I pity your sister for having to deal with someone as clueless as you. 

My bitter ute would love to reach out and slap your face.  Instead, I will wish you a healthy pregnancy, because sister... you still have a way to go. 

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Our baby girl is here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"