3rd Trimester
Options

Maybe a touchy subject

13»

Re: Maybe a touchy subject

• Options
    I was charting, but mostly to know when I'd get A/F, so he wasn't really "planned."  Sort of in between.  :-)
  • Options

We were just seeing what happened...and our LO happened.  I was surprised at first but at the same time knew it was only a matter of time before I got pregnant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This was a big ol' oops. My plan was to get close to my goal weight and then get an IUD - that way, my "fat" weight wouldn't be on my record. We were using spermicided in the meantime...and counting on my old brittle eggs rejecting any sperm that made it through. Silly me...didn't realize that the STRONG sperm are the ones who make it through...

• Options
    MA&CBMA&CB member
    A happy oops - we were trying to avoid, but just doing a pretty crappy job of it, in part because I have endo and was told it was going to be very hard to get pregnant.  So we were pleasantly surprised how easy it was when we weren't trying!
  • Options

imageCella_24:
    Planned, we waited till we were married 5 years to get off the pill, which was Sept, and by Nov. we had a baby on the way! No charting, etc. thought we wanted to wait a year before we started that.

Change 5 years to 4 years and this is exactly us.

• Options
    We're embracing an oops!  Antibiotics and birth control pills, lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Planned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Planned-ish.  We planned to begin TTC in 9/08, so I went off of BCPs in Dec. 2007, right before DH deployed so that I could begin charting and get the hang of it before we were charting to avoid when he got home.  My first three cyles TTC were very hard on me.  I guess I just figured that since I'd been off of BC for so long, it wouldn't take long.  The military got in our way.  When AF came in Dec. 2008, I was a freaking mess and actually sought help for depression (I have a history)... that was our "last chance" since DH was scheduled to deploy Jan. 1... and we also decided we wouldn't try or not try if he got delayed.  I had decided that I wanted to go to London in May for graduation and I couldn't well do that super pregnant.  And then DH wanted to have sex three nights in a row (and I didn't try to stop him because I normally Oed around day 25... I Oed on CD 17 according to my early u/s EDD.  He's like my little miracle baby!  I wasn't thrilled when I first took the test, but half a second later, when I told DH, I forgot all about my trip to London.
  • Options

imagealicia023:
    We had talked about it and I went off of BC and then found out I got pg as soon as I went off, so planned I guess, but way sooner than we thought but very happy!!

us too!  and we couldn't be happier!

• Options
    planned!! although I didnt expect to get pg again so fast after a m/c, but I am very happy I did!!!

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our baby boy was TOTALLY UNPLANNED! I wouldn't have it any other way!!!! : )
  • Options
    ctanactana member

imagelam21575:
    ours also was planned...just happened quicker than we expected so was a shock when I got my BFP! :-)

This, exactly!  It happened a lot sooner than we expected but are blissfully happy and cannot wait to meet our little one.

• Options
    We were trying for about 4 months, with no luck.  Decided to wait....not activly try, but yet still try....if that makes sense.  Then two months later, bam!  I think we just needed to take some of the pressure off.  So ours is half and half.
  • Options
    Ours was "planned" as much as pregnancy can be, but also a surprise because LO stuck on our very first attempt!! I was excited but shocked, and felt very fortunate to be able to get pregnant so easily. It was my very first ovulation day off of BC after being on BC for 12 years! No one believed me when we broke the news, lol
  • Options
    Ultimate miracle surprise! We are overjoyed.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I guess you could say ours was planned...we decided not to take precautions for 1 month (thinking we probably wouldn't get pregnant because I had been on the pill for so long) and to our surprise and joy I was pregnant!
  • Options
    I am definitely embracing an "oops" -- we weren't being as careful as we should have been.  I didn't have insurance for a while before we got married, so I went off the pill.  Then once I got on DH's insurance, I kept putting off going to the doctor (I hate going!) So I now understand why Trojan is only 99.9% safe.
  • Options

We like to call our daughter our little 'miracle' hehe, deff not planned but exciting never the less!

• Options
    Ours was a very unexpected oops!!!  We wanted to wait a few years and were told we would have a very difficult time getting pregnant... needless to say we concieved on our honeymoon!!! I could not be more happy!!
  • Options
    Planned.
  • Options
    we are embracing and getting ready to welcome our "oops" but i like to think more on the lines of a surprise! We wanted our kids spaced a little further than they will be. Getting ready to be parents of 2 under 2.
  • Options

Totally planned... conceived the first month I charted and used OPKs, which was my 5th cycle off BCPs and 5 months after my wedding.

But I didn't believe my eyes when I saw the positive pregnancy test and proceeded to take 3 more. LOL.

Though my DH was a "surprise" baby.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Embracing our 'oops!'...we wanted to wait two more years...we are happy though. God's plans come before ours...LOL...
  • Options
    Oops baby! But we couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    imagemavilabride:

Ours wasn't an oops but she isn't planned either.  We had a few too much to drink and convinced ourselves that we couldn't get pregnant off of one time not using protection.

Apparently sex ed disappears as your alcohol level increases.

EXACTLY our story. New years eve to be even more exact.

DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• Options
    definitely an oops. I didn't want kids for at least 5 more years or so, but oh well...we're happy now and super excited! :)
  • Options

Sort of an OOPS. We had a definite OOPS last year that ended in miscarriage and before we'd really decided if we wanted to try again (2nd cycle post MC) we got another BFP. 

We've been married 10 years and have no other kids so it's probably the best situation for an OOPS if ever there was one :D

Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ok, there is like 108 posts, but I thought I'd throw mine in too!

Planned, but we weren't going to go crazy trying.  Well, once I got the idea of a pregnancy in my brain, I wanted to "try" all the time, just to make sure.  1st month out, bfp, but misscarried.  Waited a month with condoms as advised by the doc, then the following month got another BFP and it stuck! So, we were surprised, but overjoyed.  

I wanted to see what nature would do if we didn't try to STOP pregnancy, but I got too eager...

• Options

i think this is the most responded to post i've seen! congrats! 

Ours was planned....kinda, we're still in school but ready more than ever!

• Options

imagefrowggy:
    New Berlin...about two hours from Rochester I think. 

Hey I live about 40 minutes from you in Stamford....I used to go 4-wheeling with friends there in south new berlin before I was PG.

• Options
    We are having an "oops" baby... I was on Seasonale and I didn't figure out what was up until I was 9 weeks along! My husband and I just got married in August and we had been making plans to have a baby in 2 years or so but... babies don't wait to be invited. We're rolling with it though and getting happier by the day... just took awhile to get used to the idea of being "with child" Big Smile
  • Options

Ours was very planned...we wanted to try again right away after miscarrying.

• Options
    OOOPPPS! LOL. Got pregnant 18 weeks before our wedding, lol. Good times. But very happy!
  • Options
    Ours was an oops, but we knowingly didn't use any protection, so it ended up being an oops that was our own fault. I had a major meltdown when I found out, but now I'm really excited. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"