1st Trimester
Options

was it planned?

13»

Re: was it planned?

• Options
    Not planned...we just got married in September and were going to wait about a year, but we are very happy about our little surprise!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options

I guess the point is...sometimes it's an awkard question when you don't want to explain to your boss whether you tried to get pregnant or it was a surprise.

I have PCOS and was told it would possibly take years to get pregnant, but actually just got pregnant 1st month of trying...So even though we were trying, we were definitely suprised.  When people ask if it's planned or not, my answer is a complicated one that's uncomfortable to explain to people without telling them my medical history.  I personally am a private person and don't like everyone knowing private things.

Looking back, I wish I would have just said, "it was a happy surprise", but I was a little caught off guard the first time someone asked.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were TTC but having trouble since I have diabetes. ?We had had one previous miscarriage and had trouble getting pregnant again after our 3 month break period after the m/c. ?We didn't figure that a pregnancy would happen for us again in 2008 but in Nov. we were very surprise to see that BFP! ?We realized it was only because I had recently started back on Metformin about 2 months prior to Nov. that we were able to get pregnant again.
  • Options

Our pregnancy is planned.

I don't know which is worse: having your boss ask if your pregnancy was planned or having your grandmother ask WHY you would want to have a baby.

I am beginning to wish for an alternate universe for only pregnant folks so I don't have to hear anymore STUPID comments or questions! Sad

• Options

Planned. It happened a lot quicker than expected. Two months trying to concieve and then wow were pregnant.

• Options

I really just want to ask "does it matter?"

• Options
    totally not planned, but verry wanted.  We were pretty much prescribing to the "hope we don't get pregnant" method (which I would not recommend:)  I think when I figured it out we were married a total of like three weeks before getting knocked up!
  • Options

No planned, I got the flu really bad and kept throwing up my BC....so it didnt work.....we where going to start trying at the end of the year anyways

DH was sssoo happy he cried, We beleive this has been such a blessing!! and so happy it happended

the most hurtfull this about not "being planned" was when I had bleeding the doctors didnt care as much...the first thing they would ask me was if we planned this or not...and we felt we got the cold shoulder bc it wasnt...like it didnt matter as much

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD was a surprise, but a happy one! I was off the pill b/c I hadn't had a period on it in over 6 mos and one of the 2 times we didn't use condoms I got preggo. This time was planned.
  • Options
    imageFairy Tale Come True:

Planned and trying for 2 years! But a complete shock when I got the positive results b/c I was so use to getting negative results!

Ours was planned as well, similar situation but we were (only) trying for 9 months. We had initially planned to start trying a year prior but DH wasn't quite ready after all. When it was taking so long TTC he said if he had realized it would take this long, he would have started trying sooner.. men!

I was very shocked with my BFP also, always getting negatives.. So we are very happy!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePinkMnM26:

eta: you can always give them a worried look and a tear and say "I don't even know who the father is"

When my MIL told DH's brother (who we don't talk to at all because he is a complete loser/jerk) he asked if my DH knows who the father is.. hello!! That's another reason why we don't talk to him!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We planned it...I kind of got ticked when people would automatically assumed the baby wasn't planned.  I made sure to correct them when I got that feeling.  Congrats to everyone!!
  • Options
    not so much planned! we had been thinking about trying when we found out!
  • Options
    megnjasmegnjas member
    Ours was not planned, but we weren't preventing or really trying.  Needless to say we were surprised. Smile
  • Options
    Yes, it was planned...for the most part.  We were getting married 5/2 and figured that we'd give ut a shot in April.  So, I looked on-line and calculated when I was ovulating and we gave it a go.  We totally figured that it would happen so soon and it would take a while and we were just getting a head start...well.....it happened!!!  We are thrilled, and nervous at the same time.
  • Options
    Huge surprise here as well! But we are both extremely happy! We (like you) were planning on waiting a year.
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Options
    Yes, we were TTC and it happend in the first month of trying!
  • Options
    imageMrsBunches:

I think the idea of someone getting pregnant intentionally is totally foreign to a lot of them (most have friends with babies). There have been several class conversations like Student 1: "Did you plan it?" Student 2: "Of course she didn't! Nobody plans the first one!"

that's true, i guess a lot of people don't understand that you can get pg ON PURPOSE and actually (try to) prevent at other times! A lot of people dh has told are SHOCKED that we've been married 8 years( May 26) and this is our first!

we were planning, after 8 years of marriage we figured we needed to start. we started a bit early to compensate for my PCOS but we got it the first month! i guess when baby's ready, they're ready, whether you are or not! LOL i don't know what i'll say, alot of people already knew we are ttc, but i haven't told yet. i guess i'll say i didn't make it to 28 without knowing what to do (or not to do) DUH im guilty though i have asked people that before, but only people i know personally, i ask was it a surprise 

• Options

I'm 19 and mine wasn't planned. I work full time at an ad agency and go to college full time as well. I've been with the father for over 2 years and we own a home. BECAUSE im 19 everyone always says RUDE stuff like "oops?", "ooooh im sorry...but congrats!" and laaaame stuff like that. Maybe I didn't PLAN on having a child this age but I can definitely handle it and I am keeping it for a reason. Don't try to bring me down by making ME feel bad. I don't feel bad at all. We didn't try to make this happen but it did and now I'm looking on the bright side of things.?

no one is ever "ready" when it happens, its such a shock! Planned or not its no one's business to ask?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I haven't had that question yet but I think because everyone that knew also know that I wanted kids.  But I have had people,even family members, ask me if I'm excited.  I think that's a pretty dumb question. I guess because I'm not an overly expressive person on the outside.  I got one better too...I have a friend at work that when she was pregnant someone asked "who's the father?"  to which she responded: "My husband of course!!".  I just don't know what some people are thinking.
  • Options

Ever since I was married almost two years ago everyone at work had been pestering me - and for good reason cause I too would have to go on light duty, I think they just wanted my spot at my assignment.

But, no not really planned. DH really wanted kids, to the point it was "get off the pill or Im out the door." Ugh, Im not a kid person and really enjoy shooting off for girls weekends in SoCal. So, I went off the pill - a few months pass and nothing and he sayd maybe I sould go back on and we should wait a year.

Took a test and it was neg so back on BC I went. Three weeks later I felt full at every meal and for shits n giggles took a test - five to be exact, cause they all kept saying I was pregnant.

Holy crap Im having a baby! And no, for someone to ask if it was planned, it lame.

• Options
    unplanned. we had gone through 3 weeks of not talking at all. i got knocked up the day we made up. our baby boy has brought us so much closer.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Not by us it wasn't.  But we made a decision to use the rhythm method, and let God be in control.

Pretty much EVERYONE knows we weren't trying, since when we heard DH's cousin was unexpectedly pregnant, I went around saying, That's so great, glad it's them and not us! Then literally a week later, surprise! Of course, now we are ecstatic!!

• Options
    Somewhat.  We were hoping to get pregnant around the summer time but Peanut had other ideas.  He's a very nice surprise and it still hasn't sunk in yet.
  • Options

We were TTC, just didn't expect it to happen the first time.  The thing is no one really asked if my pregnancy was planned, just the doctor.

• Options

My husband and I got married young. I was 21(2 months shy of my 22nd birthday) and he was 23. We were together for 3 years before we got married. 6 months into our marriage we started talking about children. My husband wanted his first before he was 25. We talked with my Ob and she said "It may take you guys 6-12 months to get pregnant". We thought ok, 6-12 months would be perfect. I will be 24, my husband will be 25. So at 7 months of marriage, we got of BC thinking it would take us at least 6 months to get pregnant.

That is not what happened. 3 WEEKS after we got off BC we found out we were pregnant! 3 weeks! Talk about a big shock. We did not expect to be pregnant this soon.

Our family was shocked! They asked us "Were you using BC" "Why so soon". Really is it anyone's buiness how or when or why we got pregnant!  Believe me, if we knew we would get pregnant this fast we would of thought twice.

But were are currently 16 weeks pregnant and are thrilled. My husband turns 24 next months and our baby is due 2 weeks after my 23rd birthday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"