Infertility
Options

ivf icsi - complete fertilization failure

hey all,

i'm still trying to figure out which board is the best to post in, so apologies if this all is redundant--just hoping someone might have experienced this or known someone who has and can maybe help guide us. 

quick intro - 
hubby and i have been married for a little over a year. he has two teens from a prior marriage. i don't have kids and have never been pregnant.
me 29
hubby 39
ttc 3 years
unexplained infertility - some male factor (just had DNA testing done, should have results soon)
3 failed IUI (summer 2016)
1 failed IVF ICSI (nov 2016)
nice to meet you :)

this november was our first round of IVF ICSI. everything went seemlessly from checkpoints to egg retrieval. we had 9 retrieved and all 9 were mature. but the next morning the doctor called with the devasting news none of our eggs had feritilized. the doc was just as confused as we were--eggs and sperm all looked good, and he couldn't offer us any explaination.

have you all heard of this before? is it worth even trying ivf again, or do we need to seriously start considering adoption / embryo donation / donor egg, etc.?

much love and many thanks <3,
hopelessly hopeful
me: 29
husby: 39
married: 2015
ttc since 2013
unexplained infertility
june '16 IUI: BFN
july '16 IUI: BFN
aug '16 IUI: BFN
nov '16 IVF ICSI: BFN --> 9 retrieved, 9 mature, complete fertilization failure

Re: ivf icsi - complete fertilization failure

• Options
    Damn, that is not fun eh? I would see why comes back from the sperm DNA, if that is good then it's a tough one. Are you receiving financial help through insurance? If so I would definitely try again with PGS on your embryos :). If its out of pocket then that's a conversation with your partner for sure......... Everyone is different with how much they can afford to spend.
    Me 35, Him 40
    TTC June 2013
    Lap, HSG, Hysteroscopy
    High FSH/ Low AMH
    Endo Mild/ Moderate
    History w/Clomid/Femera/Progesterone
    IVF #1 cancelled poor responder
    IVF #2 two good eggs/ froze both on day 3 rather then lose before blast
    Awaiting sonohystogram to determine if minor surgery needed before FET

• Options
    hey @chasing.baby.dust - I'd never heard of that, hopefully the clinic can give you more answers. 

It sounds to me like maybe there was an error made with the wash or selection of sperm? I'd definitely ask a few more details on how the process was done. 

I did a quick look around and there are a few causes: https://www.hartfertility.ca/info_failed.php 

I've also seen a few cases where they try again and use half DS and half DH, just to make sure you don't 'waste' a full other cycle. May be something to consider. 

Me 28, DH 30 - TTC #1 since April 2016
    Me - all clear, DH - initially low SA, with 1% morph. Now A+ SA (increase from 10M to 60M). 

Sep/Oct 2016 - IUI #1 + 2
     - Femara + Ovidrel + Estrace - BFN
    Nov 2016 - IUI #3 - Femara + Puregon +Ovidrel + Prometrium - BFN 
    Dec 2016 - IUI #4 - Femara + Puregon +Ovidrel + Prometrium  - TBD