saralee797-2saralee797-2 member
edited December 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant

Month/Cycle:  

CD/DPO: 

Timing:  

Testing:  

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Do you DIY? What is your latest project or disaster? Feel free to share!

Re: TWW Sunday 12-4

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @adirat I had my highest temp of this cycle today too!  However, I temped about an hour early and about 30 minutes late (with an obvious wake up in the middle where I had to go to the bathroom).  Both temps were high.  Maybe I'll test tomorrow with you since we are serious cycle twins! 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @KhRun17 He also tried his sister's breast pump a few years ago! At least he can feel empathic now! I also set several alarms to pace myself through the morning. I get out of bed on the first one if DH is there, but occasionally snooze if he isn't. I never ever hit snooze until I dated my ex. What a bad habit it is!!
    @Starla The reason I asked how long your LP was yesterday is because I wondered if you could be off on O day. Do you temp, do OPKs, and check CM? You aren't out until you're out!
    @adirat and @spiderlover25 Yay for high temps!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2016
    @dragonfly87 I probably wouldn't use either because you need at least 3 hours of sleep, unless you know your body / temps well enough to say that isn't true for you. Did you sleep for many hours and then count the time from your first wake up to second? (For me two nights ago I woke up like 8 hours into sleep, but I had fallen asleep way earlier than normal, walked upstairs, then went back to bed for a few hours and then temped. That's more likely to be reliable than a total of 1.5-2 hours, KWIM? Did you go to bed for the first time at 3:30 am?
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @JenRuss Your O can be a day or 2 after a +opk or you could have a false surge and O later so you're still in! 
    @NYTino24 What about trying an antihistamine? Those always help my sinus headaches.  
    @KhRun17 Ugh I hate mornings that start out like that too.  It makes the day so much harder to start.
    @Starla Maybe you were off by a day or 2? FX that it's just still too early.
    @dragonfly87 I would probably just pick a temp and put the other in the notes.  My temps the last 3 days have been the same way because of early and then late wake ups. 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @spiderlover25 and @NYTino24  Thanks for the responses!

Every time I wake up, I typically get up to use the restroom. I went to bed at midnight, woke up at 1:30am to check blood sugars (I am hypoglycemic) so was up for a little while. Then went back to bed, woke up at 3:55am, went to restroom and went back to bed. Then woke up at 5:30am, temped, bathroom, back to bed. Fell asleep quickly and woke up at 7:30am, temped and got up for the day. I will probably go with the lower temp because it isn't going to matter since AF will likely show up.

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2016
    @dragonfly87 Man that's rough! Is it like that every night for you? I had a student with diabetes and her mom would do the frequent wake ups to check her blood sugar levels until she finally got a pump. My grandfather was a type 2 diabetic (way too much pasta and bread) and many of my family members tend towards hypoglycemia, but nothing bad enough to check and treat other than to eat. Hope it all gets straightened out for you!

• Options
    @NYTino24 @spiderlover25 I use OPKs and check CM and CP. I got a positive on my OPKs on CD14. I dried up and got - OPK in CD15. FF was giving me dotted CH for CD15, but I manually moved it because of fertile CM and SHOW CP on CD14. So I could be off by 1 day I suppose but doubt it...?
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @NYTino24: I think you meant to respond to me instead of @spiderlover25.

But to answer, I am actually pre-diabetic given my A1C levels. My mother is a Type 1 Brittle diabetic who was diagnosed at 40 (very rare). I show many of the similar symptoms, but not actually diagnosed as diabetic at the moment, just hypoglycemic because I tend to run very, very low at times. So I monitor my blood sugars since I tend to drop to 60. But it's pretty managable for me, especially compared to my mother who is on a pump and has to check 10-15 times a day. I typically check just a few and do corrections when necessary.
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I think you meant to tag @dragonfly87  Thankfully I don't wake up that much but I also hope you don't have to do that every night!

@Starla hmm I don't know then.  FX that the AF no show is good news though!
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @spiderlover25: I wake up constantly every night, but typically only check sugars during the night if they are low right before I go to bed. So it's not too terrible!
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    edited December 2016
    Also I had total PMS symptoms this past week then they disappeared on Friday. 

Here's my chart. Don't judge our BD schedule or all my BFNs... ;) I did another OPK when I was seeing EWCM and it was very negative (white). My OPKs usually have a faint line then get darker toward O time.

Edit: fixed typo and cropped chart pic. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    Oops yeah, sorry @dragonfly87! You'd think I could carry on more than one conversation since I'm a teacher.  :p

• Options
    Medication question to all of you:

I have unbelievably painful sinus pressure and probably a sinus infection. I haven't had one in a few years and not sure what's typically an effective med. Looking online, mucinex pops up as an option. Does anyone have any suggestions for medications/brands they stand by for sinus infections?
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @daisymae6215: Sorry for the bfn. I just started getting brown spotting too. So now I am certain AF is on her way. Booo!!

Heading over to WTO...please don't follow me!
  • Options
    @dragonfly87 I'm pre-diabetic too.  I also have sleep apnea, have you thought about asking your doc to refer you to get checked for that?

i had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy, and I'm all ready mentally preparing myself to get it with my second pregnancy.  Totally cried over not being able to eat peach cobbler at a family gathering last time I was pregnant.
  • Options
    @peedy: I don't know if I have sleep apnea....I don't snore or notice difficulty breathing. So not sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night....it's like my eyes just open and then I am awake....it's a little strange. My doctor said that I should probably see a nutritionist about creating a diet that prevents such low dips..but other than that didn't recommend much other than checking A1Cs annually.
  • Options
    @mrsegan13 I usually spot for 2-3 days before AF so I don't think it's abnormal especially if your body is still adjusting.
    @dragonfly87 I usually use sudafed for sinus pressure and I'm sorry for CD1
    @daisymae6215  Sorry for spotting and I hope it's only that!
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @wabash15 I'm pretty sure FF is right. Today's temp is my highest ever since I started temping almost 7 months ago! If it was wrong at all, I'm say CD19, giving me a drop 3dpo instead of 5 dpo.

• Options
    @hupp0013 Wow, what a beautiful lights display! Thanks for sharing the pic :)

@spiderlover25 That makes sense -- we're cycle twins so we should also be temp twins! FX if/when you test with me tomorrow!

@KhRun17 FX when you test tomorrow too!

@Starla Yeah, without temping I think cd14 or cd15 are likely it. Maybe you have a late implanter or maybe your LP is getting longer. Obviously the former is better :) but a longer LP is good too, especially if you are sometimes at 11 days. That said -- despite the negative OPKs, that's a LOT of fertile CM to have cd21-26. Have you ever O'd that late before? 

@dragonfly87 Sorry to hear you're sick. I don't really respond to any sinus medication except the Sudafed behind the counter, but you'd have to check whether that is good for TTC -- it may be one of the things that dries your CM up. I have a lot of success relieving sinus pressure with a neti pot, though. I was super skeptical of neti pots for a long time because they seem so weird/gross but literally nothing helps except that for sinus blockage. Also, my Italian grandmother-in-law swears by oregano and oregano oil for sinus problems, and it seems to help me. (Helps that I like oregano anyway!)

@wabash15 I think FF is right, or at most off by just one day (cd12 or cd13). It could be that your body really is still adjusting post-partum, hence the earlier O and longer LP. 

@jmn1985 It depends on the type of OPK. Are you using Wondfos? 

• Options
    Just stopping by to say AF came yesterday. Going over to WTO. No one follow me!!
  • Options
    @adirat yes, I'm using wondfos
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    @jmn1985 My Wondfo OPKs came with instructions to take the test between 10 AM and 8 AM. I personally have to test twice per day to catch my "true" positive. 

@Dinosaur Noooooooo cycle 7 buddy! I'm so sorry <3

• Options
    @adirat - awww thanks :). FX for you!

Image result for blushing gif
  • Options
    @LuND Oh no! That is so unfair and Ovia is just adding insult to injury! Hugs <3

• Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @adirat: I forgot, I have a neti pot that I bought a few years ago! I may just try it. What do you do with oregano? Eat it?
  • Options
    @dragonfly87 Yep, eat things with a lot of oregano in them. I also take oil of oregano (a few drops in some water or straight on your tongue). Purely anecdotal but it seems to work for us -- I used to get sinus infections all the time but between neti pot and oil of oregano, I can fight them off before needing to go to the doctor these days. There is some research evidence indicating that oil of oregano has antibacterial properties: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23484421