Baby Names
Options

Having a hard time with finding a boy name with J

hey everyone!! As I'm sure some of you can tell by my previous posts that I am having a hard time finding a J name that is not common for a boy.. I found a name that sounds pretty cool but there is one thing making me think otherwise.. the name is jagger. The problem I'm having is that our last name ends in "ER" too.. I say the name out loud with our last name and it makes me cringe a little.. basically would be like saying Jagger Carner.. anyone else see an issue with this or am I just being over critical? 

Re: Having a hard time with finding a boy name with J

• Options
    Jagger is pretty bad. Not a COOL name at all.
  • Options
    Jasper is pretty cool
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see an issue with Jagger and the rhyming surname. I really think you can do better.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    I'm personally just not a fan of Jagger. Makes me think of McJagger or the word jagged. To answer your question the double "er" isn't terrible but if it bothers you I would move on.
    What about:
    Jacoby
    Jetson nn Jet
    Jarrett
    Joel
    Jonah

• Options
    Some surnames should stay surnames. 

Suggest 

Janus
    Jared
    Jasper
    Jarvis
    Javier 
    Jeremiah 
    Jermaine
    Jerome
    Joachim 
    Joel
    Johannes
    Jonas
    Jubal
    Judah
    Jude
  • Options
    Josiah 
  • Options
    Really not a fan of jagger. Plus the double ER would bother me. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Thumbs down to Jagger. The double ER would also bother me. 
  • Options
    Jagger is a type of name people will roll their eyes about behind your back.

Jasper
    Jericho
    Jameson
    Julius
    Jacoby

• Options
    Lol thanks ladies!! You have confirmed what I already thought!  Thanks for the suggestions!  Keep them coming.. we already have a boy named Jett which is very fitting for him.. any names sound good paired with Jett? 
  • Options
    Are you sold 100% on a J name 

• Options
    Judson
    Jared
    Jesse
    Jonas
    Joris
    Jovian
    Jaris

• Options
    I'd only use Jagger if you are a huge Rolling Stones fan.  Even then it seems kind of silly.  Also the double ER doesn't sound good. 

Love PP suggestion of Josiah, JOnas, Joel. Good luck
  • Options
    I really dislike Jagger. It's super harsh and a surname. I really like the suggestion of Jasper but that doesn't help you if you're trying to avoid the -er ending. I think Jonas and Joel are nice. Also suggesting Jared/Jerrod.
  • Options
    With Jett, I like Jasper, Jude or Jovan
  • Options
    Jett and Jagger sound like the names of members of a rock band to me. I also agree with previous posters about repeating -er.

I really like Jared, Jude, Joel, Julian. Suggesting Jack and Jeremiah.
  • Options
    Jonah 
  • Options
    I have a cousin in grade school named Jagger. I love it for that reason. His name fits him perfect. I can't imagine him with any other name. 
  • Options
    I like Jude or Julian with Jett.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jude would be my vote!
  • Options
    I think the "er" sound at the end of the first and last name is too much.

Also, an occupational hazard of being a teacher is having bad associations with certain names.  I have taught one kid named Jagger and he was pretty difficult.  It'll be a while before I don't have negative associations with the name.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Jagger is pretty bad.

Suggestions to go with Jett:

Joel
    Joseph
    Jackson
    Jamie
    James
    Joshua
    Jeremiah
    Justin
    John
    Jonathan
    Julius

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    I know a Jett/Jax sib set. I also like Judd or Judson, Jake or Jacob, Jamie or James
  • Options
    I would avoid a name that sounded too similar to Jett. Jordan or Jonas would be my top choices.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Jack, Jackson, Jax, Jaxson, Jude, Justin, 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    Joaquin
  • Options
    I strongly dislike Jude. I seem to be in the minority on that though! Hahahah