Pregnant after IF
Options

Randoms - Week of August 22nd

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly check-ins, so ladies in other trimesters with experience may chime in and help you out!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
TTC since April 2013
Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
IVF round 1: January 2016
ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
EDD: January 27, 2017
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Randoms - Week of August 22nd

• Options
    Hi everyone! Having a freak out over here. I have "the bump" alerts sent to my phone, so I got an update this morning for Week 6... well there was an article below titled "Miscarriage: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes". Of course I clicked and now I'm freaking out. Scared that my u/s is going to show a missed miscarriage (body still producing HCG, but pregnancy no longer viable... sign is preg symptoms disappear). Now I'm over analyzing how I'm feeling and can't help but thinking my symptoms are more mild than normal. Do symptoms vary day to day? Am I being completely crazy? Why oh why did they put that article on my happy update?!?!

I guess what I'm asking for is for someone to talk me off this ledge lol. Any advice or words of wisdom welcome!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • Options
    @babylonghorn16 I just passed the 6 weeks mark on Saturday, so I know the freak out of wondering what the next ultrasound will show. This time around my symptoms aren't going anywhere, but last time they did vary from day to day. You only have two more days; you totally got this baby making thing going on! And just think, by the time you go in you should get to see something good, not just a round thing!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @AandDM2014! Funny how not feeling like absolute dog sh*t is worrying me. I still have a full feeling in my uterus and sore boobs, but nausea has subsided this morning. Hopefully I start feeling sickly soon lol!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Options
    Lol @babylonghorn16! I was the same way last time! Like why aren't I spending my days in the bathroom! And I have never had/have sore boobs. Even with the three and the crazy HCG, nothing. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    I felt great until week 6 @babylonghorn16
    No symptoms at all, or minor ones that came and went.
    Then HG hit me bad and I was in and out of the hospital for dehydration and to get food through IV. Only now in my 3rd trimester I actually don't feel sick anymore.
    So try not to worry your symptoms come and go and enjoy the symptoms free days (if possible)
    Unfortunately worrying keeps following us, and I've been told we'll worry about our little ones the rest of our lives!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    My worries are that I'm having contractions at 28+3 days. 
    I've had some the last 3 weeks apparently, I didn't know, but was quite uncomfortable every so often.
    Today at my midwives appointment she told me I have contractions and need to monitor them, if they stay and are regular I need to call the hospital.
    After laying down for two hours they stopped, but it's freaking me out. 
    Im not ready yet to have my baby, like really not, being inbetween houses, countries and it's too early! 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    Oh man @tvh1982. That sounds really scary! And 28 weeks is much too soon. I hope that you are able to take it easy and that they don't get any worse!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @tvh1982 thanks for the kind words! Can't wait for Wednesday so I can be out of this limbo period (for now). My SIL is a nurse and my other SIL had early contractions... SIL#1's advice to SIL#2 was to lay on her left side and drink TONS of water to stop contractions... and it worked! Sounds like you are doing something similar. Hope that helps and that your babe stays put for a little while longer!! <3
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Options
    @babylonghorn16 - It's completely normal to have different symptoms every day. It's also completely normal to freak out regularly. lol... I don't think that's ever going to stop. I sometimes have to stop myself from reading articles b/c they cause me to over-analyze every little thing my body feels. 

@tvh1982 - That's a little scary! Hopefully this is something that will stop on it's own w/o going back to the hospital which you've spent more than your fair share of time at :smile:  Let us know what happens!  By the way, every time I look at your countdown it makes me hungry! lol
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    babylonghorn16 I know that it is hard to stay calm in the first weeks but symptoms do not show anything at all. I did not have any symptoms except AF cramps and fatigue first weeks. Then my nausea was very mild during my whole 1st trimester. If you do not have pregnancy symptoms, just consider yourself lucky and enjoy your time. Do not freak out because of that ! Best of luck with your u/s !!!
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 I definitely should NOT have read that article!! I'm a mess now. Why God why?! lol! Thanks for your kind words! Makes me feel a lot better. I actually just emailed my nurse and asked to move up u/s to tomorrow. I figure the worst that could happen is that she says no! Either way, I'll hopefully have my worries put to rest (for now) very soon! Thanks again :)
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Options
    @tvh1982 I am sorry to hear about the contractions ! Could they be braxton hicks ? Did they talk about bed rest if preterm labor is a risk ? I hope your little one just waits another 10 weeks at least ! Best of luck with the move by the way, we also moved to a new apartment this weekend but we stayed in the same building. Even that was very tiring, I cannot imagine moving between countries.
    And do you mind if I ask, how did they find out the contractions ? In the books and websites, it says that if you feel tightness in your uterus it is a contraction but I am not sure how to tell. 
  • Options
    Thanx ladies. 
    It seemed to have calmed down again, had them every 4 minutes and now just a random one here or there.
    I'll definitely try the laying on the side and drinking lots of water should they come back. Thx for the tip @babylonghorn16.

My midwife asked how I was doing @zoefer and I told her about the pressure I was feeling ever so often like the baby wants to come out, and that it felt like she was pushing my spine with hand and feet with her back to my stomach. I told her I had those feelings before but they usually disappear ones I sit down, but now they hadn't.
    While going through the appointment she noticed I kept grabbing my belly, so she wondered if I still felt it. I said yes, she then got slightly worried as I told her I don't have time for a baby now. She wanted to be sure I'll call the hospital if it continues.
    Like duh, of course I would!
    They weren't like that painful you can't breath, but while walking home I sometimes had to stop a few seconds to get the worse tightening over. 
    If my midwife hadn't told me these were contractions I'm not sure I would have know and kept thinking it was my baby moving her back, butt or head very uncomfortable :)

• Options
    My random thought for today......IM SICK AND TIRED OF PEEING!!! I'm super grateful that I'm pregnant (don't get me wrong), But I'm literally using the bathroom every hour. Yes, I have twins in there but seriously guys....who else has a peeing issue? I can't be the only one!
  • Options
    @babylonghorn16 I was constantly paranoid too...still am to an extent although it does get easier. I had no morning sickness except 1 time. I kept wanting to feel sick so I would get reassurance all is ok in there. I had no sore boobs and only felt tired all the time those first weeks. I would have complete anxiety before every u/s, worrying that something went wrong. It's totally normal. I don't have much advice, except if everything is going fine, then more than likely everything is ok. Hang in there! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options

@babylonghorn16 I am pretty sure most of us have been on that ledge! My symptoms didn't really start consistently until week 7 - I had a few minor ones early on like constant mild cramping. Hang in there until your appointment!

@Tvh1982 Sending you good thoughts that those contractions stop. How long until you move?

@frustratedandttc I hear ya on the peeing. I am use to it during the day but at night is to much. I think I woke up 4 times to pee last night. Ugh.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @frustratedandttc - I was literally just thinking the same thing. I only have 1 but I think I have gone pee like 7 times today and it's only 11am my time! 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @babylonghorn16 my first u/s is tomorrow and my mind is all over the place! I'll be 7w and no sore boobs at all, nausea at night and that's it. Someone posted on another board every day they say, I'm pregnant today and I love my baby. I've been saying that every morning and it works a little to calm my raising brain. I'll be looking for a great update on your first u/s. 
  • Options
    Thanks @Tulips29 @susykat77!!

@ale9687 I love that!! I need help being more positive! Thanks! I actually got my appt moved up to tomorrow bc I'm a crazy person lol. Hope that we both have some exciting news to share tomorrow!!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Options
    Well I'm definitely still pregnant. I just had a lovely cry on my kitchen floor because I can't stand up for 5 minutes to make lunch without getting light headed that would definitely lead to passing out. I guess I need to be eating even more snacks than I have been so I don't get to that point. Ugh!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited August 2016
    @babylonghorn16 I was the same way . Some days I just did not feel pregnant or had feelings like something was wrong . I've always been wrong . Hang in there , I know it's so hard !! It does get easier in some ways the further along you get , at least for me it has . 

@aanddm2014 awe you poor thing ! I was dizzy for awhile too , it's tough !!

i just cried in my car because I want to quit my job . I told my boss I would work until 37-38 weeks and I just don't know how I'm going to make it . I'm 27 weeks and just want to nest and be in a comfortable environment .  Im so hot and uncomfortable . I'm a pediatric therapist and do home visits and the driving and being on the go is just exhausting me. the kids I see are seriously testing me . My husband wants me to quit but financially I just don't want to take that hit right now . Ugh . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @mskeenan Oh boy, that sounds like a dilemma. I couldn't imagine having to drive around all day for work. Do you have to do home visits, or could you do visits from an office?
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    Thank you for the explanation @tvh1982 last two weeks, I have been having all the crampy weird feelings and my dr thinks it was because of the UTI and dehydration. Now all I do is drinking water and peeing. I do not have the constant menstural cramps anymore but once a while I have the uncomfortable feeling but I have no idea if they are braxton hicks, contractions etc. Every 4 minutes sound intense, I hope drinking water and resting helps for you and everything goes well. 
  • Options
    @frustrated and ttc I have days and nights where I pee non-stop. But I also drink lots of water to stay hydrated. And there are days/nights when I don't and then wonder what's wrong with me lol. Like last night I only got up once, which is not typical. I'm usually up at least 3+ times each night. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    chrissym126chrissym126 member
    edited August 2016
    @babylonghorn16, I had to keep myself from clicking those articles, too. I'm so glad you got your appointment moved up, and I hope it gives you the assurance you need (P.S. You're not crazy, being pregnant can be stressful!). Please keep positive, loving people around you, and vent to us whenever you need to!

@AandDM2014, get in that protein! It'll help. I commute to work using public transportation and remember that in my first tri, before I was showing, I would occasionally worry I was going to throw up or faint on a total stranger, and it wasn't like people were dying to give up their seats to a random person with no visible physical challenges. Eating as soon as I woke up always helped, and so did snacking.

Does anyone else have people giving them unwanted advice? For me, there are far too many people for my liking asking me if I'm going to have a natural birth. How that's anyone's business, I do not know! 

• Options
    @chrissym126 I need to find more protein packed snacks! I'm not supposed to have too many carbs or sugar, so finding something I can eat is challenging. And how rude that people are asking you such personal questions! We haven't really told anyone yet, but I'm sure as soon as we do I'll be getting annoying advice.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @babylonghorn16 I only had morning sickness once with twins and I'm almost 20 weeks no other symptoms besides boobs hurting and the occasional flutters from them moving 
  • Options
    My stuff moves on Friday @susykat77.
    I move to a temporary apartment in Norway for the whole month sept.
    Pregnancy leave start on 1st October, so I'll fly with hopefully 1 suitcase and a cat to NL and stay at my mums.
    Get key to my house on 17th October and got my dads, uncles and brother in law ready to paint and move furniture so I can have my place ready before baby comes :smile:

My contractions did calm down. I still have them, but only once every while, so think they are back to being called Braxton Hicks, which takes off the pressure.

Jupp, you are preggers alright @aanddm2014 :smile:
    Have food on floor level, so you can sit and eat ;)

Oh the peeing...I live in my bathroom..and should get a private toilet at the office @frustrated and ttc

Doesnt sound good @mskeenan as one is at work most of the day...but if it's really taken its toll on you, you might want to listen to DH. You kinda want to have energy to get this baby out...Maybe reconsider the end date and move it a week or two?

• Options
    Am I the only one still confused if what I'm feeling inside is the baby moving or the food I just ate? I'm 18+2 today and last week I felt light popping/tapping one of the days. It was a new feeling and I thought that must be the baby. I haven't felt anything since until just now. I'm sitting at work and just now felt slight tapping inside. It's still confusing me though and I can't wait to know 100% that it's him that I'm feeling. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options

@AandDM2014 Oh dear! I've definitely had those silly weepy moments too! I just try to enjoy the ride and laugh about it later. You got this! Try peanut butter on celery, I LOVE that lately.
    @Tulips29 Seriously, I hear you there. I felt those little tickles around 14/15 weeks and then I haven't felt anything noticeable since then. I put my hand on my belly all the time and kind of massage/push to see if I can get a response. It's frustrating to not know for sure and it's just like "All right you, kick me!"
    @mskeenan that is definitely a rough place to be. Is there anyway you can still work but not have to drive so much? DH said I can quit at the end of October. I love my job and coworkers, but I definitely want to be a Stay at home Mom, but it makes me weepy to think of leaving my work too, and too, I hate the idea of the financial hit we'll take, even though DH says we'll be fine. Just try to think about what will be healthiest for you and for baby. You don't want to end up swollen and in pain because of your work.
    @frustrated and ttc Yes, all the peeing!

I've been feeling random twitchy cramps the last couple of days. I think I've been walking up and down the stairs too much and just generally doing too much around the office and house. I put myself on super modified rest where I can still do light workouts, but I want to try to limit being on stairs and bending/crouching/etc. The cramps are only mildly painful, feels like I got poked or something, but they are a little concerning. No spotting or other symptoms. My next apt isn't until the 8th but if I keep getting the cramps I'm going to go in for another Doppler.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @babylonghorn16 That's so great! I'm so so glad that you had a wonderful visit! :)

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie Thank you!! Hope you start feeling better and that pesky cramping tapers off! 
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Options
    @babylonghorn16 Wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you. Seeing the heartbeat is so amazing!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @babylonghorn16 amazing! so happy your appointment went well. 

@dragonfaerie exactly! I keep telling him to just kick me already so I know it's him for sure. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Options
    @AandDM2014, I find cheese in all its various forms + an apple to be an excellent combo, but second @dragonfaerie suggestion of peanut butter and celery, although honestly, I'd probably skip the celery and just eat the PB off the spoon. 

If it's an unusual feeling and you think it's the baby kicking, it probably is! I don't think it got consistent for me until about a week or two after, though, they're still so teeny tiny. 

• Options
    @tvh1982 having contractions is so scary!! I'm glad yours have calmed down. When I was hooked up to the monitor over the weekend we definitely noticed that laying on the left side and staying hydrated seemed to calm them down, esp when I was asleep. Hope everything continues to stay calm. Good luck w your move!

@mskeenan so I resigned from my career right before starting IVF. Yes the financial hit is terrifying, but the sanity o claimed back into my life made more than enough up for it. It might seem scary, but do what's best for your health and your finances! Is it possible to go down to part time now?

@dragonfaerie I wish there was some way to know which twinges, cramps, zings, pokes, tweaks etc were normal. It's driving me crazy!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    @chrissym126 Oh, I don't think I could stomach cheese and apple, though apple with peanut butter sounds good. I can't wait until apples are in season and don't cost a bunch! I think I'll take @dragonfaerie suggestion and try celery with peanut butter as I have a lovely farmers market bunch of celery!

Well I made it through most of a day at Disneyland today. It was tiring, but it's almost always tiring. I had to make sure I packed enough snacks (3, and I did eat them all), and when the group I was meeting was way behind schedule I went ahead and got lunch for myself, which helped tremendously (and gave me an extra snack because I couldn't eat it all at once). 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    Just read your story in the prayer group @vssbrm. Mine suddenly sounds like a minor worry compare to your scare. 
    Definitely keep you in my prayers!

• Options
    @babylonghorn16, missed your post yesterday, so happy for you!