Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekly Benched/TTA Check-In: Week of August 15th

2»

Re: Weekly Benched/TTA Check-In: Week of August 15th

• Options
    I know! I'm giving it another week (mostly because we have a camping/fishing trip next week) and then will start Provera so I can move forward. 
  • Options
    @mrs35 I hope AF shows soon and not during your trip. I didn't have a loss, but I had an anovulatory cycle due to PCOS earlier this month. 58 days, but I was waiting to take provera because MH was coming back from out of town and I wanted to HIO. Of course AF shows up right before he comes home. So I hope that doesn't happen to you at the worst time. GL! 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @soemthingclever oh no!! That's a bad situation all around! Of course I decided after our loss to take this cycle off of temping and am regretting that decision so much. I am packing way too much and am prepared for anything!! But of course hoping for no AF during our trip. 
  • Options
    @hupp0013 @tentoeturbo zika virus RNA has been isolated from semen 93 days after infection, although the average seems to be about half that, which is closer to 8 weeks. Since so little is known about zika in semen (it is extremely unusual for a mosquito transmitted virus to be present in semen so it's hard to predict how long it could be there) the 6 months is given to cover a length of time twice as long as the longest observed isolation of the virus from semen to provide the best chance that the virus is not going to be present/transmitted. 

*Stuck in the box*

Thanks @LadyMillil for this. It's very helpful! 
  • Options
    Hey ladies, I know I'm late to this party and a new thread will start soon, but I feel the need to participate and don't know if I should be posting in the daily WTO threads or not.

Are you benched or TTA? 
    Benched temporarily.

What brings you here? We had a loss this past Monday, 08/15/16, at almost 12 weeks. Based on the size when I passed it, I estimate that our baby probably died shortly after our appointment and US at 7 weeks.

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully only a few weeks. My OB said that we can begin trying again after my first post-loss period, which I'm keeping my FX won't be too long from now.

How have things been going? They're going. I've been able to smile and joke around and laugh, but it still hits me hard at times, especially after I put my DS to bed and I'm waiting for DH to come home from work at night.

I'm excited at the prospect of trying again soon, but I'm angry too, and have moments of anxiety and guilt for wanting to try right away. All these emotions are just coiled up in my chest like a beast waiting to snap, and I feel like it's already eaten a hole through me and left me bloody and raw.

Any R/R/CS? No rants besides the above right now. I only worked on Friday, so I'm not looking forward to a full week this week.

GTKY: What are you looking forward to this week? Like PP said, I'm just looking forward to the week being over. It's been interminable.
  • Options
    <3@Scarlett830 Those feelings are totally normal. You're so strong. Getting to try again made me feel much much better after my first, and now with my second I'm sure it will be, eventually. I'm sorry you are here. 
    -----------------
    My bleeding has gotten much much lighter.  It is like a dark tan now, scant when I wipe. But it still ends up on a panty liner. I think it's discolored CM and all coming from angry cervix, because sometimes it's really thin and watery and clear with a bit of discolorarion. My temperatures are hanging around 97.03-97.40. We'll see where we are going now. Coming up on 4 weeks this week. CD 18 today.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words @Sugargirl1019. I'm sorry you're here again too. I've felt somewhat better this weekend, but I think it's because we had so much going on that I haven't had time until now to slow down.

Right now though I'm home alone with my sleeping boy, and I can just feel the lead weight sitting on my chest. I'm ready for it to be eased. DH and I had a talk earlier about trying again, since I wanted to see where he was at on the matter, and he basically said whenever I felt ready he was good to go. So there's that.

I also finally checked my lab results from Wednesday. My hCG level was down to 1356 from 4600 when I was in the ER on Monday, so I'm assuming it's much less by now, but I don't have any further blood work scheduled. I've read on other sites of loss moms getting blood work every week to check hCG levels, but my OB didn't tell me to come back for a repeat. As this is my first loss, I don't know if it's the norm or not to have so little monitoring occur?
  • Options
    @Scarlett830 Normally they like to track your HCG to 0 to make sure there is no retained tissue, and that it is not a molar pregnancy. I'm sorry if I missed it, but did you have a D&C or a natural miscarriage? Because I believe with a D&C they don't track it down.

Also I am glad you are starting to feel better. Keeping busy helped me as well. But the second I was alone things always turned. My bad time of day was the mornings. I spent my last month of work crying on the way in and even once I got there at least twice a week. My first cycle ending post loss was where I really started healing emotionally, and I think it had a lot to do with the fact that it's when I started trying again. Hugs girl. I know this sucks.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @BitterBetty12 I had a natural miscarriage, and thankfully the bleeding seems to have stopped already. I did also speak to my OB this morning (I only saw her associate last week), which made me feel better, and she said that if the bleeding continues to notify her so she can order repeat labs and ultrasounds, but at present she doesn't feel they're necessary. Hopefully all is well physically and AF will tear her filthy head sooner rather than later.