Baby Names
Options

Opinions please!

We just had a son a year ago. We are due with another boy in September! Our first is Parker Anthony... We are so clueless on the second. The middle name will be James bc that is my husband's father's name. So here is what we are debating:

Dylan

Beckham (which we both love, but it might be weird bc my husband is a huge Giants fan)

Bennett

Boden (Is that strange? I like the nickname Bo, but not big on Bodhi)

Any suggestions would be welcome. I feel so empty headed about this! Maybe it's just the third trimester.

Re: Opinions please!

• Options
    Love Bennett James, suggesting Beau James.
  • Options
    Dylan James.

With all of the other names, I just think about the initials "BJ".....
    Dylan of the choices. I would probably avoid Bj as well. 

Suggesting:

Garrett
    Dominic
    Reid
    Calvin
    Oliver
    Henrik
    Nolan
    Rowan

• Options
    Dylan James is great.  Coordinates well with Parker Anthony, but not too match-y.

Bennett and Beckham are both last names, although I taught a boy named Bennett last year, and my daughter had a classmate with Bennet as a first name in middle school.

Boden just sounds made up.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Dylan. 

Yeah, the initials B J is a bit, low hanging fruit.
  • Options
    I would be weary of any B name with James as PPs have said. Just wanted to mention I know a 6yo Boden. His baby brother calls him BoBo. It's kind of adorable. 
  • Options
    Dylan for sure
  • Options
    Just chiming in on avoiding the BJ initials. I had a friend in elementary school whose nickname was BJ. No one thought anything about it until middle school when he suddenly changed to Brad. Not teenage boy approved.
  • Options
    Love Dylan! 

Carter James
    Cooper James
    Duncan James
    Gavin James

• Options
    Dylan James is my favorite from your list and it sounds great with Parker Anthony. More ideas:

Emmett James
    Everett James
    Isaac James
    Landon James
    Ronan James
    Ryan James
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What about Brody James? About the BJ thing: those are my husband's initials, and he has said it was never an issue growing up. Maybe one person mentioned it in middle school, but it was easily shut down. Go with what you love!
  • Options
    Typically kids don't know other kids middle names and if they do they most likely wouldn't pull the initials from it.  I like Boden James. 
  • Options
    cjt121413cjt121413 member
    edited July 2016
    I like Dylan and Bennett are okay, but I don't care for the others. I wouldn't worry about the BJ thing too much. I knew a kid who went by BJ and it was never an issue.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
  • Options
    Thanks for all the opinions/suggestions. To be honest, I prefer BJ over DJ. In fact, when my husband first said he wanted the middle name to be James, all I could think of was DJ Tanner and I hated it. I figure it this way, if we don't start calling him DJ or BJ, but give him a different nickname, then it shouldn't really be an issue. 

I like some of the suggestions! Thanks!
  • Options
    KRB22KRB22 member
    audi681 said:
    Thanks for all the opinions/suggestions. To be honest, I prefer BJ over DJ. In fact, when my husband first said he wanted the middle name to be James, all I could think of was DJ Tanner and I hated it. I figure it this way, if we don't start calling him DJ or BJ, but give him a different nickname, then it shouldn't really be an issue. 

I like some of the suggestions! Thanks!
    I think you're spot on with the nickname thing. Unless you guys call him BJ/DJ it won't really be an issue. 

James is a pretty easy middle name, too, so seems like you've got lots of good options. 

Out of your list, my vote would be Bennett. Even though it's technically a surname, I know a few Bennetts / Bennets - both male and female. I think it goes with Parker and also doesn't seem at all matchy.