Baby Names
Options

Girl Name Poll

edited July 2016 in Baby Names
Currently TTC #2, and, as we always do during the tww, names have become a hot topic. :) These are our favorites so far, presented without commentary, haha. Suggestions also welcome.

MN will definitely be Katherine, LN is more or less Kourtney, so no K names (I'm also wary of C names that could potentially be spelled with a K). My favorite girls name has always been Cora, but we had to veto due to the rhyming ridiculous. DS is James, so I would like something that coordinates, but isn't overly matchy.

TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Girl Name Poll 133 votes

Maren
17% 23 votes
Audrey
15% 20 votes
Charlotte
15% 21 votes
Rosalind
12% 16 votes
Eloise
21% 28 votes
Juliet
18% 25 votes

Re: Girl Name Poll

• Options
    Eloise Katherine is beautiful and goes great with your DS.

My second favorite is Maren but it's too rhymey paired with Katherine.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Rosalind is one of my favorite names,  so I had to vote for it.

That said,  I think Audrey flows best with Katherine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great list!

Rosalind is a favorite of mine but I'm not loving it with Katherine.

I think Audrey pairs best with Katherine.

• Options
    I was going to vote Maren but I don't like it goes well with Katherine. Voted for Juliet but also like Audrey and Eloise.
  • Options
    My 6 YO is Eloise so clearly had to pick that!  
  • Options
    Eloise Katherine is beautiful. Goes with James without being matchy.

Next would be Audrey. I'd avoid Maren and Juliet.
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    I looooove Maren and went to school with one, but Maren Katherine is a bit redundant to me. I voted Charlotte, but it may stay low in the poll because of its current popularity. 
  • Options
    Charlotte and Eloise are my two faves, but I voted for Eloise because it's a little bit underused and Charlotte is having a resurgence in popularity. Love Maren a lot but I think it might be too matchy with your mn. :)
  • Options
    I love Audrey but don't think it is the best option with your last name. Also really like Maren but think it is too matchy with Katherine. Charlotte gets my vote! 
  • Options
    Eloise Katherine is beautiful and goes great with your DS.

My second favorite is Maren but it's too rhymey paired with Katherine.
    this ^

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    squiddy224squiddy224 member
    edited July 2016
    Maren has been a favorite of mine for a very long time! It's not common but it's easy to spell and pronounce. It does sound sort of matchy with Katherine as the middle, though. DH and I are actually going with Mara for our little Bean coming in December. He suggested it when we were discussing names and I liked it because it was similar. Of your other choices, I agree that Audrey flows the best with Katherine. All of them are great names though!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I LOVE Maren and James together!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Options
    I love Maren! I agree that it doesn't flow perfectly with Katherine, but that doesn't bother me- how often would you call her by her full name? It's a fantastic name, sounds great with your last name and as a sib set with James. 

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these options though- great name taste :)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback! Maren and Eloise are my top two at the moment. My main concern with Maren is that it is a touch rhyme-y with Katherine, like a lot of you mentioned, but I'm still not sure how much that matters since she probably won't be referred to by her full name that often. Eloise is being used by another extended family member, so I'm not 100% sold on using it as well (DH thinks Eloise Katherine is too traditional). DH likes all the names, but his favorite is Juliet, which I dislike (I don't want matching initials for both kids, and I don't love the Romeo and Juliet connection). I have a feeling that if we are able to get pregnant and this one is a girl, it'll be a game time decision on the name, haha. ;) Our son's name was so easy, but we're struggling with potential names for #2, boy or girl!

Thanks so much for your help!