Baby Names
Options

Thoughts on these names (they are in order of preference)

Last name is similar to Schnitzka (not the exact last name but close. very uncommon German/Eastern European last name). Teresa is family name and is definitely middle name.

Lilia Teresa Schnitzka
Laurel Teresa Schnitzka
Celia Teresa Schnitzka
Elise Teresa Schnitzka

If there are specifics as to why you do/don't like one please let me know! I would like to know if there are association/pronunciation issues I'm not thinking of.

Thanks!

Re: Thoughts on these names (they are in order of preference)

• Options
    I do like Lilia a lot, but I think that option (as well as Celia) is too many names ending in A. Laurel would get my vote!
  • Options
    I like them in reverse order

Elise, Celia and Laurel are all great 

then I would rank 

Lilia

mainly just because anything "Lily" is a tad boring to me at this point as it's everywhere. Aside from that there is certainly nothing negative about any of the names. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Elise Teresa seems like ALMOST a rhyme to me, so I would vote against it. Of the other 3, I prefer Laurel the most and it has a nice flow! 
  • Options
    erzsi1erzsi1 member
    I love Lilia Teresa
  • Options
    Laurel is my favorite.  It's easy to pronounce and flows well.

Lilia blends in with the lilys, Lila,lilahs, laylas, and all their variants. 

I like Elise, and Celia is fine, I just prefer Cecilia. 
  • Options
    I love Lilia and Laurel
  • Options
    Laurel.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    I like Laurel and Elise....maybe because of the -a ending of Teresa + Celia and Lilia being too close? Pretty names, though.
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Laurel!!! Beautiful choices. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    I like them all however, Celia reminds me of Monsters Inc.  I prefer Cecelia.
  • Options
    Laurel is my favorite, followed by Celia. 
  • Options
    laurel
  • Options
    Laurel
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love Celia, followed by Elise
  • Options
    Lilia is the only one I don't like. Too close to the ever popular (and totally boring) Lily. Love the next 3. With my favorite being Laurel.
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    Autumnale said:
    Laurel is my favorite, followed by Celia
    This
  • Options
    Love Celia. If our newest babe had turned out to be a girl, that would've been her name :smile:
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Looking again, Elise Teresa is pretty rhymey, so I would ditch that option too.
  • Options
    Tough choice -- they're all good options.  I'm not so bothered by the fact that in 2 of your options, all 3 names end in the "a" sound. Sometimes that can get a little sing-songy, but it's not too bad with these names.

The only drawback I can see with your favorite is the popularity of names like Lily, Lila, and Liliana, which are close enough to cause confusion with the far-less-common Lilia.  I grew up with a name that's not uncommon for my birth year, but starts with the same letter as that decade's #2 name.  I accidentally get referred to as the #2 name fairly frequently.  Sometimes it's funny; sometimes it's annoying.  It has never made me dislike my own name or wish that my parents had named me something else, though.  If anything, I'm glad I have my name and NOT the similar #2 name!
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Love Celia Teresa or Lilia Teresa !

I'm also having Tereza (Another version of the name) as the middle name if I have a girl since it's also a family name through the generations.

My idea's were:

Cecilia Tereza
    Emilia Tereza
    Lucia Tereza

• Options
    Laurel Schnitzka. Something about that L in between the first and last name makes it perfect.

Lilia and Celia both have endings that match the last name ending, so I'm not as big of a fan. Elise gets lost in your last name since it ends in the same sound your last name begins with.
  • Options
    All the first names are lovely. I think Laurel is the best. It has the best flow. With Lilia and Celia ending in A, as well as Teresa and Schnitzka, it sounds a bit choppy. And something about the similar "ees" sounds in Elise and Teresa throws that combo off for me.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker