Trouble TTC
Options

Introduction

VaLady87VaLady87 member
edited July 2016 in Trouble TTC
Hello, I am new to this board and wanted to introduce myself. I started TTC a year ago and have been unsuccessful so far. I have recently started tracking my BBT but also have trouble because my cycles are sometimes 4 weeks and sometimes 5 weeks. It makes it hard to ever know when I am ovulating.  I searched out this board because I am having a particularly hard day today. I began today with a visit from AF which always sinks me into sadness at another month not pregnant. Then I found out that two people close to me are pregnant after trying not to be. One of these is my younger brother and his girlfriend. My younger brother has spun into a downward spiral and is depressed and sick over finding out that his girlfriend is pregnant despite their efforts not to be. This hurts me because the thing that is making him so depressed is the thing that would make me happiest in the world. He didn't even want to tell me because he didn't want to hurt me. My mother had to tell me. I am happy for him but it still hurts that other people can get pregnant while trying not to be and I can't after a year of trying hard to be. I called my gynecologist and made an appointment for fertility testing. I just feel hopeless and sad today.

Re: Introduction

• Options
    Hello and welcome. I just joined the board today as well. I just wanted to let you know that I understand completely how you feel, and I'm sure everyone else here does as well. I've struggled with the same feelings of sadness--I think it's doubly hard when you're sad because others around you are pregnant and you just want to be happy for them. You feel so terrible. 

Fingers crossed that you get some answers from your doctor. And feel better soon!
  • Options
    Hi and welcome.  I am sorry you have to be here but glad you joined us.  We all can relate to how you are feeling and I hope you feel better soon.  It's amazing how much more depressing AF can be when you are having tttc, on top of knowing people who are pregnant.  

I am glad you mad an appointment.  It can be a hard first step but once it always feels better to know that there is at least a plan to move forward.

I hope your testing goes well and that you get some answers. *hugs*
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!! I understand completely with not understanding how people can get pregnant on accident when you can't even do it on purpose! Had a family member get pregnant with her bf of 4 months, that one really messed with me! I hope you find a sense of community here!!

Me: 23   DH: 30

TTC since May 2015

DX: Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia causing

anovulation/amenorrhea.

BFP on 9/8/16 after cycle #9 of 16 months TTC!! 1st US 10/3

.Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
    Currently: Very anxious!!
  • Options
    Welcome I am new as well. I know how horrible it feels. I have 4 newborn babies in my family right now and another on the way. All my younger cousins. My family was annoying me asking when my husband and I were going to have one and "don't wait too long".. it's soo awful to know that some people just get pregnant without even trying. I hope it happens soon for us. Hang in there!!