May 2016 Moms
Options

Silly Names

A friend of mine had a status the other day about the silly nicknames she uses for her kid. She said her son hears and answers to Booger Butt more than his actual name. I've found myself picking up this habit more and more too. Elizabeth is most often Stinker Belle Elle but we also use Stinker and Tink Tink. Why? I have no clue but we can't be alone. 

So, what super random, possibly weird name do you call your kid(s)?
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD: 05/14/16
Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19

Re: Silly Names

• Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    We call Nate "Boba"--yes after the wrap. It just happened one day and stuck
  • Options
    My son's name is Zachary but we call him Zackie a lot or the normal Zack. My sister had a bunch of random nicknames that we sometimes still call her even though she's almost 30.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our's aren't too off the wall but we call her stinkpot, stink bug, sweet pea, peanut, booger. Hubby calls her pumpkin, pumpkin patch, or PC for Princess Cora. 

My dad's cousins still call me NeeNee from when my younger brother couldnt say Cortney when he was a toddler. That's been a nickname that has stuck for 30 years. 
  • Options
    Oh man, I call her Munchy-kins, Sweet Pea  and Farty McFarterson when she is really gassy.  My dad used to call me poopy. He called me this all the time.  When I was about 14 I had a friend sleep over and my dad used the nick-name called and she asks "Did your dad just basically call you sh*t?"  and honestly I never really thought about the name as actual poop till then.  I assume I got the name during my baby years but I really have no idea.
  • Options
    I call him Chunky Monkey... "Moose" which my mom started when she was here because he eats so much LOL ... Crank pot, Cranky Pants... Stinker... :-) Probably
    the most I call him "Little Baby" when I'm trying to calm him down. 

MH sings this made up song to him constantly ... I can't even describe the tune but the words are "Lucas, Bucas, whatcha gonna do with your mucus?" :-) so random and weird but we sing it constantly!
  • Options
    Muncher-kin, biddy (like itty-bitties-I call all of my boys that). Kase. Little man. Chicken. 
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options
    Little Butt, Chubs, Corbi, or Corbster. Most often we go with the first one and we don't really know where it came from but it just stuck. 
  • Options
    kami09kami09 member
    edited July 2016
    We call her Cordi or C...sometimes Cordi starts to sound like Cody with my baby talk. 
  • Options
    We call Pollie either pumpkin, pumpkin pie or princess p
  • Options
    Bubba, bubbie, bud, E man, chunkers, monkey, and the tyrant (when he's being fussy). 

DH calls him "little man" most often.
  • Options
    Muscle man, fuzzy or fuzzy head, stinky, poop machine, little dude, smiley, cutie pie, and chunky monkey have all been used repeatedly. 
    DS1 gets referred to often as handsome, wild man, sweetheart, smarty, and cuddle monster. 
  • Options
    Sissy bear has been the one I've used and stuck with me. H says "hey girl" when he's cooing at her. 
  • Options
    Strawberry queen, mousey girl, peach pie 
  • Options
    missnc77 said:
    My husband calls our LO Thunder Poops. He even created a theme song for her. 
    This is hilarious. 

And @Jparke2 my D will never know her actual name because we don't use it enough. I'm hoping daycare helps her recognize it because that's the only place where she'll be just Elizabeth 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    basedinviennabasedinvienna member
    edited July 2016
    DH is a big fan of the Zohan movie and uses a lot of glossary from there, so for example he likes to call her Baba Ganoush (which is actually an Arabian dish). Also he calls me "Boobarella" when she's hungry. Otherwise Mrs Sweetface (stole that one from "Jane the virgin"
  • Options
    DS1 is Bubs or Bubbie, DD is Chunk, and DS2 is Chubs
  • Options
    Squeeks! She makes these squeeky noises when she sleeps/dreams. (Daddy says I do it in my sleep too lol) We started it in the hospital while we were still deciding on her real name. She still squeeks in her sleep so it stuck. Along with the regular pumpkin, stinker, cutie patutii.
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    Lovey is what I call her most of the time. Sometimes I call her Elliot Spitzer cause she spits so much! 
    Dh calls her Buddy which I don't like because it sounds like a boys nn to me.
    During fussy times she is Fussy Buttons. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I love these! We mostly refer to him as little man but also throw in gems such as milk monster, squish, stinker (that seems to be a popular one on this thread!), and fussy pants. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited July 2016
    We call Ainsley "Ainzers," and I often call her "Blue Eyes," and rarely call her "Sunny." My mom called her "Ainsley Odie" the other day.
  • Options
    1mae20161mae2016 member
    edited July 2016
    We call Kirra Kel-B because her initials are KLB and I think it's super cute. I almost wish we named her Kelbie! Lol. SO calls her BUTT-BUTT. Idk why  but it's cute when he does it. :smile:
    Edited to add that I use Gooby and BabyBaby a lot when she's being fussy or high maintenance. 
  • Options
    I refer to LO as just "love" sometimes. My husband usually does some form of "Bug" (which I also use on its own without the add-ons): Lovebug when she's being cute, stinkbug when he's changing her diaper, etc. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think I just call her Baby more than anything.  I also call her Smush or Smush Smush pretty often, but on occasion I'll refer to her as a fartbox when she's extra gassy.  I just realized the other day that if I keep this up she won't know her real name is Harper.  
  • Options
    We are a family of ODD nicknames. We call DS bubbie, bubbie bear, bubbie brucester, bubbie mcgee, bubbie brisket, chunks, chunky mcgee. Ill stop now before everyone thinks I am totally nuts. LOL
  • Options
    This little baby girl is affectionately known as lil mama. There are songs of all genres dedicated to her:)
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    arj14arj14 member
    Spofee, Baby Sofa, Sofa Bofa, Bofa, Bofers, Sad Baby, Saddest Baby, Miss Toots, Toots Baboots... and there's a couple more that I can't think of right now.  I'm not sure if she's even caught up with the nicknames we have for the cat though.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kami09kami09 member
    @Jparke2 you reminded me of a kid my husband had in kindergarten one year... He was calling role on the first day and the kid never raised his hand. So Kev went up to him and asked him his name. The kid said, "Baby." & DH said well maybe that's your nickname at home but what's your real name.   ...."Baby." Yep. 
  • Options
    April lurker

we call her "Shrimp" a lot because of the pregnancy calendar. For some reason it made us crack up and so it stuck since pregnancy.

When I'm talking to her, I call her "bambina" and "LaLa" because that's the sound she makes when she cries. It's adorable. And "Fuss Butt" when she's cranky

DH just calls her "Alex", her true nickname, or "Sweetheart". We're not very creative over here haha!

Her name is Alessandra and I have yet to call her by that. I don't know why, it just doesn't fit her yet

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    arj14 said:
    Spofee, Baby Sofa, Sofa Bofa, Bofa, Bofers, Sad Baby, Saddest Baby, Miss Toots, Toots Baboots... and there's a couple more that I can't think of right now.  I'm not sure if she's even caught up with the nicknames we have for the cat though.
    Yes! I have so many nicknames for my dogs haha. 

Pippa is pippers, ms. pippers, pippers girl, mippers, mippy.
    Alfred is Alfie, Alfonso, Alfie boy, sir shits-a-lot.
  • Options
    tgortney said:
    arj14 said:
    Yes! I have so many nicknames for my dogs haha. 

Pippa is pippers, ms. pippers, pippers girl, mippers, mippy.
    Alfred is Alfie, Alfonso, Alfie boy, sir shits-a-lot.
    Lol. I feel so bad about my dog's nicknames now; they aren't so kind. At this point, we just call him by his name or Pupper-face, but for years he was referred to as Baby Shit. I swear we love his crazy butt!
  • Options
    Generally baby bear/boo bear or cochonnet which means piglet. Because he's a little piggy who eats all the time.
  • Options
    Mine started out as Gyoza when he was a 5/6 week old fetus (cause that's kinda what they look like then). Then he transitioned to Baby J as he grew more developed in utero. Then after he was born, he almost instantly became The Monkey.