TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Check-In Week of June 20th

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):

3. Rants/raves:

4. GTKY: Everyone has quirks! Tell us about some of yours?
Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
TTC  09/15
*TW Loss mentioned*
BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
TTCAL 3/2016
Acupuncture 11/16
Dx December 2016: unexplained 
January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
Ambrose born on his due date!

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of June 20th

• Options
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):  WTO CD 13 so O is close!

3. Rants/raves: rant - work is so stressful and exhausting! I don't seem to have time to get anything done and am still so tired after the weekend. Two days off just isn't enough. I'm really worried that my work stress is making it harder for me to get KU and I really don't know what I can do about it. 

4. GTKY: Everyone has quirks! Tell us about some of yours? I know I have a few quirks but now that I'm being asked about them in drawing a blank. I'm sure DH could write a list, lol. I do love to organize and label things. Nothing makes me feel better than knowing that I have a place for everything and that it is organized. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): Not new, but we have lots of new people. TTC # 2. Dealing with MFI and currently doing IVF.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): I am about 7 days into my stim cycle for IVF. 

3. Rants/raves: Just moving along here, taking my meds and hopefully growing lots of eggs. I'm a tad uncomfortable, but nothing horrible. I'm feeling hopeful that we are doing something proactive, but still sad that it's come to this. I hope I don't feel this grief/regret forever. 

Positives are that the injections don't hurt at all. Totally painless. Also, it's summer and I've been enjoying being outside and being warm again.

4. GTKY: Everyone has quirks! Tell us about some of yours? I talk a lot with my hands and have very distinct mannerisms. Luckily, I work with kids who point out everything quirky I do! I also compulsively hydrate and bring food with me  wherever I go. I have water glasses all over my house and am always finding random food/snacks in my pockets. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): CD 35.  TWW.  

3. Rants/raves: So FF says that I'm 16 DPO, but I'm pretty sure I'm 13 DPO.  I was going to test this morning, but since I tossed and turned all night from sleeping poorly and sweating, and then taking puppy out to potty, I was exhausted this morning and it was only while washing my hands after using the toilet myself that I remembered testing.  *sigh*  So my plan is to see if AF comes today and if not, then test.  

4. GTKY: Everyone has quirks! Tell us about some of yours? I'm definitely an organizer.  I like lists and schedules and details, which drives my 'go with the flow' husband crazy!

@MooFish2364 I am with you on the 2 days off not being enough!  I feel like there are a million things I'm trying to get done at home and I just don't have time to do it all and relax. 

@BornReady Good luck with the IVF.  I'm sending lots of "grow good eggs" vibes your way!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): I'm not new but will re-introduce also. TTC #1- had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks in March. This is my 3rd cycle post loss- first cycle TTCAL (I was benched the first cycle, NTNP the second cycle)

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): TWW- 5DPO

3. Rants/raves: Crazies haven't hit me yet- DH keeps asking to see my chart and asking me questions, like what's my temp doing etc. The cycle I got KU I didn't really have that many symptoms prior to my BFP so just trying to be zen. I will be testing on Sunday/Monday if AF doesn't show.

Had a really good weekend, being back home and seeing my family and my best friends always improve my spirits. Fathers Day wasn't as hard as I thought, DH seemed fine- I didn't really talk to him about it and he didn't really bring anything up so I just left it alone. My mom did say something like- DH will next! I know she is just trying to be positive- I hope it is true.

4. GTKY: Everyone has quirks! Tell us about some of yours? Apparently I make weird facial expressions when I'm concentrating- reading, on the computer, watching TV. I'm also pretty OCD- not extremely but definitely if there is something off like a picture frame is crooked or something around the house isn't in the right place, I can't forget about until its fixed. I am for sure a control freak and want everything to be as perfect as possible- which has been really hard for me with TTC because obviously none of this is in my control!

• Options
    roper2617roper2617 member
    edited June 2016
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): WTO countdown is on! CD 12 currently, expecting to ovulate CD 14/15

3. Rants/raves: Rant: The biggest downfall about being open with friends and family about our struggles to conceive is the 150% completely unsolicited advice. I swear if I hear one more time that we just need to stop trying or "relax" I'm going to lose it. We tried NTNP for 4ish months, that didn't work. We tried OPKs and charting and timing and lo and behold, that's when we got KU (mind you it was 15 months later...). Why can't people get it through their heads that some people need help getting pregnant??? Also, the timing just naturally happens with DHs work schedule 90% of the time anyway. Urg. 
    Rave: Despite the fact that I got heat exhaustion yesterday from way too much heat and sun this weekend, I had such a good weekend. Saturday I sat outside reading all day and Sunday I visited with a close friend. I haven't had a full day to myself in too long, it was nice. 

4. GTKY: Everyone has quirks! Tell us about some of yours? I have a few but I would say my biggest quirk is how particular I am about my books. I can't stand when books get dog eared, or the pages get wrinkly when someone reads in a bath, or the spines get bent, or a book gets bent up from not being supported properly on a shelf, or when they are written in....oh the anxiety it gives me lol. I never lend my books and actually while I love having an actual book to read, purchasing an e-reader has been life changing in my reading department lol! 

Edit: I can't do words 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    @Spartanrd4 My DH seemed fine with it as well.  I also did the not bringing things up and leaving it go approach!

@roper2617 YES to the dog-earring pages.  I lent a book a long time ago to a friend who took it to her grandmother's house and she's a smoker.  Actually a weird quirk of mine is to 'sniff' the pages of my book before I begin reading.  Anyway, the book got this awful smell and was gross and she wrinkled it all up, and that was pretty much the end of loaning out a book to anyone ever for me.
    And I agree with the unsolicited advice.  My skating coach has 2 daughters who are multiplying like rabbits, and every week she tells me how I just need to relax because "that's how her daughters did it, and they just keep having unplanned pregnancies" so clearly my focus on it is what's causing the issue.  *sigh*  I love her as a coach, but am desperately afraid I'm going to just punch her in the face one of these weeks...  (if you have any coping mechanisms or great phrases to say back, I'm ALL ears!)

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer my aunt is a smoker and I can smell it on everything she brings over. She gave me a birthday gift in a gift basket and when I looked it to see what was in there all I could smell was smoke. I can even smell it in my house when I walk by. I would never lend her a book. I totally get it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): 11DPO, just like yesterday. FF moved my crosshairs, so I'm having a repeat day. Really I'm WTAF as I'm 99% sure that's what's happening.

3. Rants/raves: No rants, feeling all right for the most part!

My bff is coming for lunch on his work break, so I'm making Thai 'beef' salad and mixed green salad with a Thai basil dressing - so much of which is coming from my garden!! I've got a special wine that goes with Asian and spicy food, which I'm so excited to serve to him (he's one step away from sommelier). DH and I started wine tasting and this was our first crack. It'll be nice to talk to someone in the middle of the day. I have my internal ultrasound afterwards, which I'm relieved to kick off this next part of TTC.

4. GTKY: Everyone has quirks! Tell us about some of yours? Just call me a Wes Anderson film because I am a serious weirdo. I collect academic texts on hip hop and fruit and vegetable shaped plates. I divide everything in threes in my mind and serve all my guests choices in multiples of three. If I hear an earworm song, I might not sleep for days because I'll get one horrible, nattering, annoying line stuck in a loop in my brain. Sometimes that will happen with incidental instrumental music, too. If I listen to a Simon and Garfunkel record (or one or the other) I have to listen to it twice all the way through with no stops. I don't do that with anyone else. I definitely talk to myself. I bake obsessively but don't have a sweet tooth at all and will rarely even taste what I make, unless it's something new I'm developing.

@MooFish2364 Boo, work stress! Do you have something you retreat into after work? Aggressively separating work day from the rest of the day was always really helpful to me when I had stressful jobs. It's so hard when you're pooped, though.

@BornReady I, too, am a compulsive hydrater. If I don't have water, a hot beverage and an iced beverage on the go at all times, you know I am not feeling like myself. 

@dpjennifer DH and I are both list-makers! We share and edit ours together on Google Keep. I'm an organized person and he's not, but we both love lists. 

@Spartanrd4 I am absolutely a perfectionist. 

@roper2617 I worked in antique books (still dip my toes in it actually), so I love it when people take care of their books! DH has an ereader and I love it for non-fiction but can't manage to concentrate if it's fiction on it. We have hundreds of books and I swear just as many bookmarks in strategic places around the house so as to never leave the book open to keep our place. 

TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Options
    2. Status. I am cycle day 8. I just finished meds (Letrozole) for my 4th IUI and have a follicle check on Wednedsay to see how things are going and if all is well I should be doing an IUI later this week. 

3. Rant. It's been a rough few days. I'm feeling pretty down and wonder if it's the higher dosage of letrolzole that's effecting me. This cycle I'm just feeling burned out on everything and I know DH feels the same. I think the disappointment every month takes a toll after a while.
    Rave. Despite feeling down and being a bit weepy DH and I had a good weekend and even going up to the in laws yesterday wasn't too bad.

4. GTKY. Quirks: I am a bit absent-minded and am always looking for my keys or my phone. DH jokes that he is going to make me a velcro jacket so I can stick things on me so I stop losing them. 

@roper2617 I hate it when people tell me to relax. I'm almost 38 and am doing fertility treatments- I don't have that luxury. 

@BornReady glad the stims are going well. 

@MooFish2364 sorry work is stressful. I'm right there with you and yes 2 days isn't enough. 
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):  WTO, CD2.  AF just arrived yesterday and hasn't been too bad so far, jut mild cramps.  I am going to try really hard this cycle to not SS.  I was seriously convinced up until two days before AF that I was KU.

3. Rants/raves:  Doing ok.  I had a small meltdown yesterday but pulled myself together.  The emotional rollercoaster of TTC/TTCAL is real.  I am so glad DH stays by my side through all this crazy because I think I would feel so alone if I had to tip toe around him too.  I always start each cycle upbeat and feeling like it's a fresh start...and that is how today feels.  I am sure by the time I am reach O or the TWW, all the craziness will be back.

4. GTKY: Everyone has quirks! Tell us about some of yours?  I can't really think of any off the top of my head.  I am really anal about my refrigerator.  I like things in certain places and I line up the drinks...that may be a tad OCD, but I love it that way.  

@MooFish2364 ooFish2364 I LOVE to make lists, on my phone, on a pad of paper, you name it!  I also love my label maker which is broken.

@BornReady I'm glad your injections don't hurt!  I had my first one in the butt two weeks ago and was shocked at how I barely felt it.  

@roper2617 UGH YES!  I hate unsolicited advice.  It just adds more stress to an already stressful situation.
  • Options
    chloe97chloe97 member
    edited June 2016

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): Benched for the summer

3. Rants/raves: Not much this week actually. I'm 5 weeks post D&C and still waiting for my first post-D&C AF. I think I may have ovulated on Saturday morning. If what I felt was actually ovulation, it would mean that CD 3 should be July 3rd and CD 4 will be July 4th- both days that the lab is closed. So much for getting my ovarian reserve testing done this month. It's not the hugest deal since I'm not planning on TTC again until September, but it would be nice to know what we are dealing with. If it looks like I have DOR- we would probably jump straight to IVF. If the results are good, we have a lot to think about- do we try stims in an effort to get better eggs or do we try naturally and take our risks?

*****Update******

Apparently that was not ovulation cramping, because it seems like AF is rearing her head. I haven't had a normal period in 9 months so I can't be sure, but I'm spotting and cramping pretty badly today. I guess it's time to make some decisions about testing. 

***End Update****

Here is a question- Do any AMA TTCAL-ers hang out over at TTC after 35? I've always had a hard time over there, maybe because it seems like I am the ONLY 35+ TTC who doesn't have kids. I don't think I have ever seen many of us over there?

My hair is long, but I have an impossible time wearing it down. It drives me crazy. I wear my hair up in a ponytail every day.  I used to me a terrible pen chewer until I realized that I have probably ingesting enough BPA to kill my ovaries and I stopped cold turkey. It's crazy how decades-old habits can be cured immediately by one miscarriage. 
  • Options
    roper2617roper2617 member
    edited June 2016
    @dpjennifer I smell books too! Haha. I handle it differently depending on the person. DHs aunt for example I just politely said that we're not being too "mechanical" (her word) about it and let the topic drop. My MIL and my own parents I've straight up assured them that I'm not having sex wrong. I've also explained to some friends & family that when they say things like that they're putting blame on us for not getting pregnant, which a)doesn't help and b) isn't warranted. Then there are times where I don't say anything at all. Lol it's not much help, but it's what I do. Oh and I come on here and vent

edit: gah! I had such good replies to everyone and it didn't post! Grrrrrrrr mobile AGAIN! 
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): WTO, CD 12

3. Rants/raves: Started using Wondfos for the first time this weekend (have used CBAD in the past) and got my first positive this morning!! TIME TO START HIO.

I often hear I'm quirky, but I don't know what it is that makes me? If I had to guess: I "moo" when I don't know what else to say. I use humor when I'm uncomfortable, shy, confused, or I feel like I'm getting too dark/serious/emotional. I'm known for giving amusing, expressive facial expressions (I'm the Jim Halpert in almost every social situation.) I'm not ashamed to admit I like kid stuff: Harry Potter, Legos, Marvel comic books, etc. Honestly, I feel like these traits just make me - not a robot? - lol, but I get good-naturedly teased about these things from peers. Whatever. Moo.

@reneeannemm If you're a Wes Anderson movie, then I'm watching you twice with no stops.

@Spartanrd4 Seconded on being a control freak!

@BornReady I work with kids too. I swear, they're the only audience that gets me sometimes!

@dpjennifer I hope the witch stays away!

@roper2617 I'm that way with books too. I make people uncomfortable sometimes when they're paging through one of my books. I peer over their shoulder, and when they look back at me, I say, "Take it easy with that thumb. It's not an ink pad. Don't leave a mark."
  • Options
    roxgibbonsroxgibbons member
    edited June 2016
    @chloe97 I've lurked on the TTC after 35 board but have not commented or joined. The vibe isn't the same as here. I do post on the infertility board but at the end of the the day TTCAL is where I am most active and I seem to fit in the most. 

@reneeannemm GL with your ultrasound :) 

@dubcompanion yay for a positive OPK! 
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Options
    @chloe97 you should be able to do your egg reserve testing on CD 2, that's when I had it done. One thing I have learned in the last few weeks of getting blood work almost every 48 hours is that you can generally find some place. My RE clinic is open 365 days a year and so that is always an option. I also use hospital labs as a back up.good luck, glad you will be getting started and getting some answers soon hopefully. 
  • Options
    @reneeannemm your lunch sonde amazing! It's leftovers at the office for me today (ugh). I used to do yoga on my lunch break at work but now I'm on meetings most days and can't go. I sometimes do yoga at home and I really like the idea of changing modes from work to home. Maybe that will help me not carry over so much stress. I'm going to try to do my fertility yoga as soon as I get home to hopefully cleanse my stress pallet! Thanks for the idea! 

@roxgibbons sending good eggy vibes your way! I also find TTC depressing. I guess we have all had so much disappointment that we are really sensitive to it. I know TTC is hard for people how haven't ever had a loss but possibly even harder for us that have. 

@Aera11I love my label maker! DH though I was crazy when I said that's what I wanted for Christmas. Now that we've been married longer he doesn't even blink at my strange gift requests. Lol

@chloe97 I have has long hair almost my entire life and I still struggle with keeping it down. When I was in middle school I used to wear it up every single day. My friends would beg me to wear it down because they had never seen it before. I could make it an hour or so and back up it went. It's only been in the last few years that I have enjoyed wearing it down. 

@dubcompanion I love kid stuff too! Harry Potter is my fav and if I had Legos in front of me right now I could probably play with them for hours! I love that I have a niece that I can spend time doing kid stuff with so I don't look like a total dork. Oh, and by the way...my nickname is Moo. I totally love that and Lol'd when you closed your post with "moo" ...so awesome! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @roper2617 LOL!  My new response to anyone asking if we're pregnant yet, or telling us to relax or anything, will be "Well, we only recently found out we were having sex wrong!" I will make sure I have a totally shocked expression on my face as well!  LMAO :)  
    But yeah, so far my response has been "Well, I'm not trying TOO hard and I'm as relaxed as I can be. But it must be nice that they can get PG so easily, it's not the same for all of us."

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    Thanks @BornReady My OB ordered the tests, but I've already started working with an RE so I could probably get the tests done there too. I wanted to avoid the RE until we made the decided to use her and not try again naturally. My OB think we've just had bad luck and could try again naturally.

@roxgibbons I'm not a fan of the vibe over there either. It's hard to explain, but I feel like it's more depressing? Maybe it's just me. I'm not actively TTC yet so it doesn't make sense for me to post over there anyway. 

I forgot the ask this in my post- How did everyone's DHs do yesterday with Fathers Day? My H avoided FB like the plague. Somehow I'm the one with the thicker skin these days, which is new. We were at my ILs last night and my MIL started going on and on about how some kid of a friend of theirs was going to be a father with some girl he barely knew and H shut her up quickly by telling her he didn't want to hear about how other people can get knocked up and carry a pregnancy while we can't because it wasn't fair. I was surprised because H usually doesn't let his parents or anyone know how much this stuff is bothering him. It was kind of upsetting too that my ILs didn't bother to ask him how he was doing and just acted like nothing was wrong. They dote on our new puppy like its the only grandchild they will ever have and it's pretty heartbreaking to watch. 

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself: I have commented on here before but haven't been extremely active but now I am going to be bec I need more support. We started ttc - ntnp on and off starting November 2014. Started trying more in earnest May 2015 so I count 8 months of actively trying until I got pregnant which ended in a mc at 10 weeks. It was BO that we found out at the first sonogram in March. Im starting my fourth cycyle ttcal. First one we were benched, second NTNP.

2. WTO CD2. Nothing like getting AF in the middle of Father's Day. Though the last time I got pregnant AF came on Christmas. So maybe holiday AFs are good luck for me? Im grasping at anything right now, lol.

3. Rants - Had a breakdown last night. Really thought I could have been KU last cycle so AF was a blow. This was the first cyle we tried after the mc so it just really sucks to be back feeling this way again. Feeling better now like @aera11 Im currently all zen like. And determined to have more of a positive attitude this cycle.

4. Quirks - I talk to myself, lol Sometimes I think I am just thinking out loud other times Im reminding myself of what I have to do. My DH has caught me talking to myself in the shower. And at work people have been like I thought someone else was in your office bec I heard talking. lol

@moofish2364 _ im sorry work is so stressful for your right now. My work is stressful right now as well and I am just stressed in general and I worry that it may be interfering with me getting pregnant.
    @Bornready - so glad the injections were not painful!
    @spartanrd4 - my DH seemed fine with Father's Day as well. He even texted his brothers and all his friends that are dads and wished them a happy day. He is such a good person and would make such a great Dad.
    @reneeannemm - that salad sounds delicious! My DH and I love wine tasting - visiting wineries is one of our favorite things to do together. Need to start pairing wine with food that sounds fun and delicious!
    @roper2617 - I totally get the relax and it will happen thing. When we first started trying DH was still finishing nursing school/ trying to pass Boards so I wasn't paying attention to my cycle or anything but we were both like if it happens its fine. Of course nothing happened. My second cycle of using OPKS I got KU - this is over a year later. And I feel like im still learning about my cycle and this process. Having a bottle of wine and then winding up pregnant does not happen for everyone.
    @roxigibbons - Im always looking for my keys and phone too!
    Love all the book quirks - I love to read so I completely understand all of them!
  • Options

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):
          Not new but TTC #1, 11 cycles post miscarriage. Dx is anovulatory

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):
         WTO (may never happen), CD16

3. Rants/raves:
         Went to church on Fathers Day and apparently wore the wrong dress bc someone came up to DH, shook and his hand and said "is it safe to assume you'll be a father shortly".....grrrrr. Poor DH, Fathers Day was tough on him anyway without stupid comments like that. Also, I've given up drinking basically since we were TTC pre loss, I'll have a few now and then but nothing crazy. Well apparently DHs coworkers think that if I'd just get drunk it would happen (insert fuming pissed face). Yeah you're probably right a$$holes, getting hammered is definitely what's gonna make my body finally decide that maybe it should release an egg. 

Hmm...this is tough but I guess some of my stranger habits would be: I need to have all my labels in the cupboards facing out. My closet is arranged by color, then sleeve length. I make a to-do list for every day. I LOVE seeing vacuum lines in my carpets, not sure why but it makes me happy. And lastly I listen to Christmas music year round, something about it brings back childhood memories and helps me de-stress <3

DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe- oh Im sorry that happened to you - people suck! I know people have told DH and I that just have a bottle of wine, six pack of beer etc. and it will happen. Its both hurtful and frustrating at this point.
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe that is awful! I'm sorry you and your DH had to experience that! I had someone come up to me at the pharmacy, touch my stomach and say "oh congratulations!" Without skipping a beat or batting an eye I just said, "nope, that's just my fat" and walked away. People are so rude sometimes! 
    TTC #1 since 06/2014

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe & @TScalei I am so sick of hearing that as well. "Oh just relax, have a glass of wine, have sex on day 14"...blah, blah, blah. It's so frustrating. If wine was a magic cure-all for fertility issues the whole world would know by now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @TScalei it's so frustrating! I wish the people who got pregnant from "just getting drunk" could realize just how very lucky they were. Like that beer didn't get you pregnant....miraculously you managed to get drunk when your cervix was open, your egg was being released, you had fertile CM, etc. Most women I know don't even truly understand the process
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe  ditto with the vacuum lines!!!
  • Options
    shae86shae86 member
    Intro: I'm not new, but I may get lost in the crowd since I'm not as active here as most. This is my first cycle TTC after a MMC in February at 9.5 weeks. I'm 29 and DH is 34, and we have 3 fur babies. 

Rant: It's going to be 113 degrees today(!). How am I supposed to be productive at work when I keep dreaming of being at the beach? 

Rave: I've decided to have a throwback 90s themed slumber party for my 30th birthday later this year. I'm keeping it a surprise for my girlfriends until the invitations go out, but I'm so excited! There are so many fun details. 

GTKY: I'm a ball of quirks, but the most blatant ones are my food/drink habits. I don't share food or drinks with anyone - not even DH. I don't mind sharing something like fries or appetizers (as long as I can be sure the other person's hands are clean). But I will never put my mouth where someone else's mouth has been. It gets annoying when people who don't know me well say something like, "This drink is so good! Here, try it." I always nicely explain that I prefer not to share, which is usually met with their offended response of, "I don't have germs!" Uh, 1) Yes, you do. And 2) I don't share with my own husband, I'm certainly not sharing with you. (I don't even share with myself, actually. If I drink out of a glass, I rotate it each time so my lips never touch the same place on the rim, and when I get all the way around, I wipe it down with a napkin or get a new glass.) 

@dpjennifer @roper2617 I always smell my books too. I can't even check out books from the library because I just imagine that someone else read it while sitting on the toilet, or that there might be boogers on the pages. I have issues. 
    About me *TW*
    Me: 29, DH: 34
    TTC 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/05/16, MMC 2/17/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #2: 7/13/16, EDD 3/21/16
  • Options
    8dpo  :#

Rants / raves- not much. Finding Dory was really cute. I thought it was darker in tone than Finding Nemo. 

GTKY:  quirks. Where do I start?  

1. All doors must be locked. I frequently lock my husband out on accident.

2. If I'm in the car and going over a bridge, I roll down the windows so if we wreck and the car goes under water I can swim out. 

3. I'm also a list maker. 

4. I'm a clean freak 

5. I'm a germ freak.

• Options

@iceandsnowflakes29 I enjoyed Finding Dory too. I feel like it was mostly adults there- I mean I did go to a later show but most kids weren't even born when the first one came out so are they even into it?

I always double check if the house is locked too- and when I lock the car I have to hear 2 beeps or I don't believe its really locked.

• Options
    This was such a great gtky! I love hearing everyone's quirky ways!
  • Options
    @shae86 OMG on the library books!  I'm the same.  I don't tend to buy used books or borrow library books often, and if I do I have to tell myself the ENTIRE time I'm reading it that it's fine and that people didn't wipe blood/boogers/poop or anything on it.  Ugh!!!!  Then I feel like such a crazy person.  Ugh

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @shae86  library books smell stinky to me. 
  • Options
    @roper2617 and @MooFish2364 I must've responded at the same time you guys did and since I'm mobile I didn't see your responses until now. 

If if anyone ever touches my belly when in not pregnant I'm either gonna curl up into the fetal position right there and start bawling or punch them in the face! How could they!!?!?

And yes I'm pretty certain if alcohol was all it took to conceive fertility issues would be a thing of the past. We are hosting DHs coworkers for a BBQ at the end of July and I already told him that he better warn them to keep those comments to themselves or they may see a heavy dose of BSC!!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @Spartanrd4 @iceandsnowflakes29 I also enjoyed Finding Dory. We saw it at the latest showing Friday night, so it was mainly adults. 

I work with kids, and they are into Finding Nemo for sure. We talk about "just keep swimming" all the time when a work task sucks. (I'm not afraid to let them know I have stuff I have to do that I hate too. Just gotta get through it and problem-solve.)
  • Options
    @dubcompanion @iceandsnowflakes29 And that cartoon short before the movie was so flipping adorable!!!
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): Not new, but lots of new people here! TTC #1 since October 2015. MMC x2 in November and again in March. Both times had heartbeat that stopped. Recurrent loss bloodwork is all clear. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): Guy, I think I'm benched. (See rants)

3. Rants/raves: I've had awful stabby penetrating back pains for the past four days that I think is either reflux or pancreatitis. I've already had my gall bladder out, so it's not that. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow. I'm due to ovulate on Friday I believe, and I really don't want to skip out this cycle. I feel absolutely awful and can't eat a meal without having terrible pain. And I'm on day 3 of a total of 7 days of work straight...I'm miserable. I'm sorry if my presence here is not as supportive as I usually am. 

4. GTKY: Everyone has quirks! Tell us about some of yours? I cannot wear a shirt of any kind (tee or long sleeve) without a tank top underneath. I feel weird with a shirt right over a bra. Is that weird? I also have to check my alarm on my phone at least three times before bed to make sure it's set properly. I can't sleep otherwise. 

I'm going to check back in later today and catch up on things. If you're the praying type, I would appreciate them now. I'm hoping this is just some bad, weird heartburn. DH is so upset that we may be benched and that this may be serious. 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Wishilivedinflorida I thought I was the only one with the tank top thing!!!! OMGEE. I have a drawer full of camisoles for that reason. And I like my camis  LONG. I guess my other quirk is I'm scared my butt or midriff will show ? And bra lines are are not cool! 

Eta if it is pancreatitis don't eat anything. I've had it once and basically I just had to go the hospital where they made me fast for like 3 days (I had an IV). my mom mentioned muffins and  I straight up busted into tears. 

Anyway, that is literally all they did. And some pain meds at first. Try switching to a clear liquid diet for a day or two (if you're like me and won't go to the ER). 

I am more likely to you tube how to care for a gun shot wound than go to a hospital. Lmao. 

Anyway. I digress. Hope you feel better soon !
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida I'm such a tank top girl too. And it needs to be a built-in bra tank underneath. Otherwise things look funny. That said, it's so hot and sticky out today that I'm not wearing one. Even my comfy ones feel smothering in this humidity. So I feel cooler now, although oddly exposed. Like one small lift of a breeze and I flash everyone (prolly not that dramatic but still). 

Thinking of you.. I can  pray for you, and I can also do some sort of reverse voodoo thing where I make a straw effigy and summon healing powers. I'll do what I can either way! 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida @iceandsnowflakes29 @dubcompanion - Im totally a tank top girl too - I feel naked with out one and they definitely need to be long!

@Wishilivedinflorida _ i will keep you in my prayers and hopefully you aren't benched this month!
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    awww I am sorry @Wishilivedinflorida :(

@SoonToBeMommaHowe YES to the carpet lines!  In our last house I vacuumed every day... now we only have carpet in a few bedrooms but I do those in even lines, haha.  
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida Damn, I was just thinking about you and your crazy work week on my walk home. Sorry to hear this. DH had pancreatitis twice before. I really hope it's gastritis or something else that will pass quickly. Sending my good vibrations your way.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16