Pregnant after IF
Options

Birth Story- warning- complications mentionned

Re: Birth Story- warning- complications mentionned

• Options
    Oh. My. Word. Your little guy is just precious !! I literally squealed out loud he's so cute (sorry the raging hormones are making me reactions to babies a little cray ) . But seriously , what a beautiful child . I am so happy you get to go home . You have been working your ass off and I continue to be amazed by your strength and positivity through all of this . I know it can't be easy . Will you be doing outpatient rehab from here on out ? 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So happy you're home with your family @KidShrink.  We always say babies do better at home (I work in NICU).  I'm guessing Mamas do too.  Your recovery will surely go faster/better with your little one right there as motivation every day!!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    So happy to read the updates and see you home, healthy and happy!
  • Options
    @kidshrink how has it been being home?
  • Options
    @Drove2u : it's been nice to get into our own little routine and to be in our things. I'm just extremely frustrated with not getting the in-home therapy I've been promised. There are cons to having publicly funded health services I guess...I got a call today for some physio, but turns out the person isn't available til Monday at least and hadn't realized I've been getting nothing for a week...so now it's up in the air. We were also hoping to get some support for me in the house as my husband needs to be able to go the the office every now and then. Doesn't seem like that's something that's offered, so we need to figure something out. I've been getting pretty creative with ways to transport our little guy from one place to the next, using our Peg Perego Siesta high chair (reclines for newborns to 'sit' it and has wheels). We're trucking along, but some days are harder than others, on me emotionally, just wanting my old life/legs back, and on DH...it seems like the stress from the past few weeks has caught up to him now that the adrenaline from the beginning has gone. Hopefully I'll have some happier news to share soon (oh, how I'd love to say that I have normal sensation back in my legs/feet...my life is having my feet 'asleep' all the time, and it's annoying). I'm also struggling with back pain after bending down to tend to our little guy or picking him up, which is really hard.  Thankfully, our little guy is super cuddly, and sleeping with him on me is just the most awesome thing. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that the in-home therapy has let you down @kidshrink
    Let just hope they'll do a better job next week.
    Way to go on finding ways to move your little cuddly baby, and so happy to hear he's making things easier for you.
    Even though you feel like you shared happy news, I still believe you making tons of progress.
    Hope the three of you get a little break soon from all of what has happened and that help will be on its way.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Awesome @kidshrink ! I'm glad you were able to get out of the house a bit and that you have such good support to help you out as your DH returns to working . 

I know it must be so hard to stay patient with yourself when you want things to just return to normal asap . i would be the same way . But keep up the amazing work ! You really have come such a long way in such a short period of time . How often do you have therapy ? 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @kidshrink so glad things continue to improve! The milestones may be farther apart, but they're larger and everyday sounds like you are taking all the joy you can. Glad the physiotherapy is set up, hope it is a better fit!
  • Options
    @KidShrink you are an AMAZING person. You have been through hell and back, several times, and yet you speak with such poise and grace- it's inspiring. 
    You're story makes my heart heavy and happy all at once. I am so happy to hear about all the great progress you are making!
    Your son is ADORABLE and I'm so happy  that you and him have a long and healthy life togehter :smile: wishing you all the best! 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    How you doing @kidshrink ?? 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @Kidshrink - you're amazing.  I'm so happy for you!  Just wanted to pipe in that general anesthesia isn't in anyone's birth plan, but it can still be an amazing experience.  I found out about 2 weeks prior to my first delivery that I'd have to have general anesthesia due to a congenital brain malformation (Chairi) that I was told would have zero impact on my life and was an "incidental" finding on a brain MRI I had for migraines.  Yeah right.  Seriously though, that'll be nothing but a blip after what you've already been through!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Wow you are doing so well. So happy to hear about your progress. Hang in there! 
  • Options
    @KidShrink I am glad to hear that you are doing so well!! I am so glad to hear of your progress. It makes me so happy for you. :) I hope the MRI results come back in your favor so you can put off a surgery a little bit.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    Wow @kidshrink ! Loving all the progress still . I'm sorry physiotherapy hasn't been good but that aquatic therapy sounds like a wonderful option . 

Im sorry you haven't gotten all the sensation back in your legs . What do your docs say about it ? Or can they give you any idea of what to expect ?

good luck with your appointment on Friday ! Thanks for continuing to keep us updated . Your strength and perseverance through all you have been through is truly an inspiration !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Oh my goodness too cute is right. He's adorable!! Glad things are continuing to look up. 
  • Options
    Your such a rock star @KidShrink! Amazing to read how you are doing! 
    Keep up that great work you do.

And oh boy, did my internet just broke down due to a cuteness overload! Oh my, he is just so adorable!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    Omg ! He is sooooooo precious . You made my baby fever go even more out of control with that pic . He has such a sweet face !!

I'm really glad to read that your neurosurgeon is so pleased with your progress ! You should be really proud . Having a newborn is already hard enough , from what I hear . The fact that you have managed that along with making such huge strides with your physical recovery is truly amazing . Keep it up . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    krbjoykrbjoy member
    @KidShrink so glad you are doing better! I think of you often and am happy I checked in to see your progress! Your little one is so dang cute!!! 
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KidShrink You are amazing! It has been wonderful to keep up on your journey and see you (and your little one's!) progress.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thats wonderfull to ready @kidshrink. And yet again we have a cutness overload on this post. He is really adorable :)
    Totally agree about getting them used to noise. My little brother is 13 years younger then me, and grew up with older sisters..we had music, fights and other noise going on and the poor fella had to sleep through it.
    At my aunts so many years of marriage he was sleeping on a blanket on the floor in a greek restaurant next to a live band :smile:
    Problem is..he is now 20 and we still have trouble waking him up..throwing in my nieces (5-7) to wake up uncle Bjorn is not always doing the trick either ;)

• Options
    @tvh1982: I'll probably kick myself once he's a teenager, but I'll enjoy the next 12 years of nice sleep for everyone first ;)
    Did you end up finding out whether you're having a boy or girl? 
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited July 2016
    Edit as text didn't post :(

Definitely enjoy the next 12 years @kidshrink...so much easier to dance Salsa when your little one is asleep.

I fought out I'm having a girl. Which had some getting used to as I was convinced I would get a boy.
    Now I'm caught up and very thrilled:)

• Options
    @tvh1982: congrats! I still remember the moment we found out what we were having as if it were yesterday. I had a boy feeling but both DH and I were going back and forth between boy and girl. Even though then I thought it'd be easier to have a little girl (I know what that's like), now I wouldn't have it any other way...I absolutely love my cuddly little boy. Hopefully we'll be blessed with another one or a cuddly sister at some point down the road :) 
  • Options
    I cannot believe how much he has grown!  Lifting his head up and all!  I can't believe it.  It feels like yesterday I was reading the beginning of his "birth" story and yours... I'm amazed at how far you both have come!  I love reading your updates!
  • Options
    Its funny how that works isn't it @kidshrink. One has an idea how it will be, and like you I thought a daughter would be 'easier' as it will just be me..and how much boy stuff do I know...but eventually, once they there, in any way or form..the just fit and one doesn't want it any other way :)

• Options
    Fantastic! Way to go @kidshrink! Oh yes that handsome little boy is indeed a great motivation! So damn proud of you and your persistence and progress.

• Options
    @kidshrink amazing!! You are amazing!! And he is adorable!!
  • Options
    Damn @kidshrink !!! That is amazing !!! Love the pics of your lil cutie 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Good for you. @KidShrink!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @KidShrink I am so glad about your progress. All the best.
  • Options
    Look at that little handsome fella! 
    Thank you for your update @kidshrink.
    Nice to hear you are still making progress, even though they may seem little. You did well.
    And wow, hearing one was a ticking time bomb is kinda scary...guess it had to be going this way to get you back on your feet.
    Keep up the good work and enjoy that little baby of yours, as seeing on the picture they grow up way too fast!

• Options
    So great to read your update @kidshrink . It is crazy how time flies ! Your lil man is getting so big !! He is too cute !! 

Im so glad to hear that your tumor hasn't grown and that the surgery was successful . It is so scary to think what could have happened if more time had passed and you hadn't known about it . I'm so glad you are ok !! I hope you continue to make progress and that the next coming months you will get some sensation back . You are so tough and are a great mama :) 

**BFP and loss warning**