TTC After a Loss
Options

TTCAL Check-In Week of 3/28

2»

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 3/28

• Options
    @cooaladoll Ah, that's lovely. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. There's always been something very prophetic about Sufjan's work in my life and death seems to have been a part of that, unfortunately. My friend who passed was my concert buddy, too. We'd go all over the country to see them. We actually went to Montreal, where we'd end up living together eventually, to see Radiohead for their In Rainbows tour and the aforementioned Wolf Parade concert. 32 hours on a smelly bus to stay for 24 hours and get right back on the bus. I'd hoped to take my baby to the reunion concert in utero because they meant a lot to both of us, but alas I'm here now. I'm positive you'll find the perfect way to honour him. 
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    AF decided to show up uninvited this morning. I am more bummed than anything. But I think I am going to take this chance to "unplug" for a little while and enjoy some of the spring weather that we are finally starting to see. I think this next round I am going to try and just have fun with it... no more temping, no more opks, and try not to go BSC... lol. I have my FX for you all and I'm sure I will be back in a couple weeks lurking to see how everyone is doing.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BornReady 'just breathe' is one of my favorite songs of all time! we have it playing in the background in our wedding video <3
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options

Sorry to everyone having a rough cycle.  Seems like it's been an emotional and rough one for many!

@chloe97 Sorry to see you back here. 

@dogmomwantinghuman I count the day I had my D&C as CD1 of my first cycle post MC.  I was benched that cycle, but it was still the first cycle.  But when I say how long I’ve been TTCAL I don’t count that cycle.  So I’m on cycle 5 after MC, but only on 4th cycle TTCAL.

@DinosaurJumper I got 6 Black Australorps and they’ll be ready to pick up at the end of April.  Super excited!  Would love to have more, but have to ease DH into these things.  Now we’ve gotta build a coop in the next month and a half.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    megsbrockmegsbrock member
    edited March 2016
    @chloe97 I was lurking on PGAL when I first saw your sad news...I was hoping for the best for you, and I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

I am on a well needed family vacation and have quickly lurked through all of the recent discussions. Seems to be lots of plans made for some of you with your doctors moving forward. I hope this brings comfort and more importantly, success!

Status: TWW, 9dpo of our 4th cycle trying post loss #2. Feeling hopeful but I can't handle BFNs emotionally so I wait until AF's scheduled showing to test. Which won't be until after the weekend.

Rave: just starting a nice family vacation in Florida. Hanging out by the pool and relaxing in the warmth. Love it.

Rant: had to literally run through Montreal airport yesterday from one end to the other (plus clear customs) to catch our flight. I don't run, and now today I'm sore. Am I BSC to worry that that episode screwed with implantation? Ha. Ugh.

GTKY: This is a tough one. Lots of fun shows over the years. I think I enjoyed U2 in Seattle and Coldplay in Vancouver the most - big stadium shows with tons of people and energy. Nothing like I could get in my small home city. But we did see Pearl Jam in our hometown about 12 years ago and it was a great show!!
    DH is a big Iron Maiden fan (I am not) but I went with him to a show in Toronto once, he was so happy and it was a lifelong dream of his to see them before they stop touring, and it made me happy, too.

best wishes for a positive week for everyone :smile: 
    H and I both 30
    TTC #1 started Aug 2014
    BFP Apr 3 2015
    natural M/C April 20 2015 @ 6w6d
    BFP Nov 18 2015
    natural M/C Nov 23 2015 @ 5w4d.

• Options
    @shae86 whoops! We had the same thing happen last month. More my fault though because I  O'd later than I thought I did. I did feel a bit better about it when AF finally came. Sorry about your not getting the job, but it does sound like what you have going may be better suited for your near future, so hopefully it was serendipity. And wow, that Lumineers show sounds like it will be totally awesome!

@brooklyngirl18 and @mandi135 it sounds like you're both so close! Hopefully you get your 0's very soon and AF is right around the corner.

@mandi135 it's amazing how those experiences stick with you. I'm so happy to at least have the memories of these good times with my friend and I hope that's how it is for you too.

@silentP you most definitely aren't out of the game yet. FX for you. I'm having a hard time too with the things on hold. There are times when I feel like I've restricted half of everything in my life in order to not miss any little chance or opportunity to get KU, and then the other half is up in the air waiting, just in case I become KU.

@chloe97 there are no words truly. I just hope we can keep you company again through the rough time. Glad you're going to get to see the Pearl Jam anniversary show this year, that sounds great!

@fivetimesnoluck your DH definitely sounds like a keeper ;) Very sweet of him!

@dogmomwantinghuman sorry about the rough times. I had that same question (1) recently and never did ask it. FF counted the bleeding from my MC as cycle days, so I just went with it and have always counted from the loss. But as PP said, TTC cycles I usually say one less since I was benched. Sorry being sick has messed up your temps and is making things wonky for you. Hopefully you're well again soon and things return more to normal.

@DinosaurJumper hooray for a great LP length! Sounds like you put in a ton of work to get there. Congrats on the running accomplishment!

@reneeannemm thank you so much! I'm sorry that plans didn't work out for your rainbow to be able to experience the reunion show (tho never say never, maybe he/she'll just be smaller at that time than you thought). I'm realizing that our dear friends were so much a part of us, how can some of that not be transferred through to our children? I  truly feel that as much as he was a part of my life evolution growing up, and his loss is a part of my life now while TTC, I'm sure some part of my friend will be reflected in my future rainbow. Whether it strangely materializes as physical traits, or my wish for personality characteristics, I know a little piece of his soul will shine through somehow. I hope to the moon the same for you.

@stephann85 do what you need to do. I find unplugging often helps me, whether it's just for a couple of days or months at a time, the mental health break is always refreshing.

@megsbrock enjoy the rest of your vacation! I hope it's relaxing and distracting enough to keep all the BSC's at bay.

• Options
    This thread is making me dig out my CD collection so I can listen to all the great music being talked about at work.  So far I've hit Pearl Jam and The Dixie Chicks - thanks for reminding me of how much I enjoy these albums.  (Yes, I know, CDs...I refuse to get rid of my collection)

@DinosaurJumper I agree so much about this board vs the ttc board.  I did an intro there but never participated because it just didn't feel right but this board is so inclusive and amazingly supportive.  <3
  • Options
    Biggest hugs @chloe97 I was so rooting for you, and I still am. I am glad you have a good plan in place. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm benched/ on a mental health break. 

Rant- I think I'm sick. I feel like poo. 

Rave- I'm just glad Easter is over. I can only handle  the in-laws in small doses. 

GTKY -  I've seen Aerosmith and Tom Petty :)

I'm sorry I can't individually reply  to everyone. I'm mobile and I need a new phone. This phone is crap. Haha. 

I echo @SnobunnieMel :  hate that I'm on a loss board but, this group is way better than TTGP. 
  • Options
    Gaah my hcg came back at 1. So either I implanted late which is possible since this is the first cycle post m/c or I'm not pregnant. Either way dh and I are okay about it. I just would like to know for sure. I'm 10Dpo and AF is due Saturday and I have no signs of her showing up. I'll poas on Monday if she still isn't here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options

*** warning kid mention in intro***

1. Hey guys! Not new but have fell off the map for the past couple months. Misscarried in December at 10weeks right on news years eve, rang in the new year super upset. Luckily my husband went out that night to get cases of beer to make me feel better but I don't think I even drank. I do have two kids that are 2yrs and 4yrs old tomorrow actually :-). I'd love to have a 3rd but I'm emotionally really scared still and we also just went to Puerto Rico so I'm benched for the 2-3 month period just because my husband got 2 mosquito bites. 

2. Status: benched but really just living life at this point. My periods are still messed up, still- so who knows if I'm even ovulating so I'm not entirely avoiding because I don't think I'm even ovulating. The chances with the mosquito thing is like getting struck by lighting.. But apparently the chances of misscarrying a 10 week old fetus is also like less than 5% according to Google and that was me, so anything can happen. 

3. Rants? Annoyed with my dumb period, it's been 35 days, 15 days, then 25 days. Completely stupid. I know after I stopped breastfeeding both times it's came after 25 days then went back to normal so hopefully this is it and my body is fixing itself. 

4. Muse is amazing balls in concert but my favorite concert of all time was The Killers. Sorry, but they were so dam$ good in concert. The thought of how awesome it was makes me happy and I wish I could see them again! So freakin awesome. 

• Options
    @AshleySparkle720 I hope the wait isn't making you too crazy!

@kycade3013 good luck with figuring out AF - irregular cycles are so annoying, ugh.

My hcg is still at 49, which is a good sign that it's dropping, but means I have to do blood work again in 2 weeks and the bleeding I'm having now is just the miscarriage finishing up.  If it took my body this long to do that, I am glad I didn't try a natural m/c since I don't think my mental health could have taken a full month of waiting.  
  • Options
    @KyCade3013 Hello! Don't think we've met before, I joined in Jan. Irregular periods are frustrating! I hope yours start getting in line again soon! Welcome back!   

@AshleySparkle720 Well, it sounds like you and your DH are doing good. I used to get so desperate and would never accept negative tests. I think that was worse for my mental health than anything else in this journey. Just saying it's awesome how you reacted to a possible negative. I do hope you get your sticky baby soon though!

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
    Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
    Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
    TTC for 2 yrs.
    One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
    Two chemicals before TTC
    Preparing for infertility testing

• Options
    CClark2014CClark2014 member
    edited March 2016
    2. Status: CD3, I think.  I thought AF started Monday, but it was so brief and then gone.  The cramping has been horrible though, so I feel like its just a matter of time.  Monday my HCG was down to 4.2, so maybe I haven't even started this cycle yet. 

3.  Rave: Last night I came home to a bunch of things DH had surprise ordered for my car.  (DH and I are into custom/classic cars.  He bought me a 1954 Cadillac Bel Air because I wanted something with a back seat for a car seat, that I could take on my own to some of the shows.) I'm so exited for car show season to start this year.

4.  GTKY:  We tend to like Rockabilly/ Classic Rock/ Country, one of the best that we went to was ZZ-Top at the Hard Rock in Tulsa. For being an event venue, it feels really small and great viewing.   
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• Options
    @CClark2014 we did put in an offer! They just got back to use with a less than stellar counter offer so we have to talk it through tonight. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 Good luck with it!  I'm an office manager for a real estate brokerage and it as been crazy lately.  Either with what sellers think their homes are worth or how fast something that is priced correctly is sells. 
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• Options
    Sorry I'm just now getting a chance to comment to everyone's posts.   And everyone who is able to comment like this all the time is amazing! 

@al_twincities  Maybe the sauna will be the  change you needed.  

@reneeannemm  I had to look up cabane à sucre, and now I think they are the cutest little cabins.   I picture them smelling amazing too.

@MooFish2364  Did you end up putting an offer in?  1st or 10th house, its always a mix of exciting and scary.

@Spartanrd4 I felt the same way about moving forward. Hopefully your done as well. 

@caticatp  Sorry AF was so horrible, its not fun to start but some months are just horrendous. 

@roper2617 I love that your MIL had an Easter egg hunt for you guys.  DH showed me a "Beer Hunt" that I think I want to do for him next year.  Instead of eggs and candy, craft beers are hidden for the adults to find. 

@fivetimesnoluck Sorry that your feeling in a funk, but that was so sweet of your DH for bringing the flowers.  

@bornready Thats awesome that they were able to start testing so fast.  

@snobunniemel  Uhhhh some people just suck.  Sorry you had to deal with her. 

@cjs260  Hope you had a great time celebrating!

@dpjennifer Yay for baby chicks!  They are so cute, those are the kind of pictures that are always good to see. 

@MWoodside  A late welcome, and I'm so sorry for your losses. 

@mtvkv5  So sorry for your loss, but glad your here.  Everyone here helped me so much, I hope you find the same.

@cooaladoll  For what its worth, I only had the faintest of faint BFP on 13 DPO, BFN until then.  FX for you

@shae86  Sorry about the job, but your current job sounds like a great fit with your plans.

@brooklyngirl18 FX that AF comes soon for you and you can at least feel like you are moving forward.  I was the same way, it's so frustrating to just be in limbo.

@mandi135  Glad to see your numbers coming down, FX 0 comes soon 

@silentP  FX the 'slim chance' month works again for you (I hope that comes off right, I have read and re-read it)

@chloe97  Sorry that your back, but welcome.

@dogmomwantinghuman Thats so great that your friend was so supportive and you were able to just be honest with her.    

@dinosaurjumper  On the positive side, you didn't use the HPT only to have AF show up just minutes after......Not that I've ever done that.

@megsbrock  Hanging by the pool and warm weather sounds perfect!  Enjoy!

@ashleysparkle720  Will they be rechecking your HCG? Or only if you have a positive HPT?

@KyCade3013  Going and getting cases of beer sounds like something my DH would do.  

They'll only recheck if I get a +hpt. So now we just wait! :)

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options

@reneeannemm thank you so much! I'm sorry that plans didn't work out for your rainbow to be able to experience the reunion show (tho never say never, maybe he/she'll just be smaller at that time than you thought). I'm realizing that our dear friends were so much a part of us, how can some of that not be transferred through to our children? I  truly feel that as much as he was a part of my life evolution growing up, and his loss is a part of my life now while TTC, I'm sure some part of my friend will be reflected in my future rainbow. Whether it strangely materializes as physical traits, or my wish for personality characteristics, I know a little piece of his soul will shine through somehow. I hope to the moon the same for you.

Thank you. I needed this. I agree; he is in every cell in my body now and there's no way he won't be a part of our rainbow.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    laeberge3laeberge3 member
    edited March 2016
    1.  New here; I posted just a couple of times in the Miscarriage board. Brief intro: I am 29; DH is 31. We started TTC in December 2015 and were lucky to get a BFP on January 8.  Baby always measured behind but after hearing the heartbeat on Feb 8, I ended up having a natural MC around Feb 17. I've been having my hcg levels checked regularly and as of Monday, they were negative.  

2. Status:  WTO, CD 2. I'm doing pretty well at this point.  We are looking forward to trying this month. Scared, but hopeful at the same time. My first period post miscarriage arrived yesterday. I was expecting it to be painful, but so far, it's been very mild compared to my usual periods.

3. Rant/rave:  as I noted, my doctor wanted to test my levels and watch them fall to zero. Originally they dropped pretty quickly (520 to 49 in a week) but then slowed down. I went last week after a two week break and my doctors office called and said they needed me to go in once more because to be negative, I needed to be less than 2.39 and my results were 2.45. Ergo. So, .06 and another $25 copayment later, we are finally at negative. I know I could've just declined but part of me wished/hoped I was already pregnant again and they'd tell me that, as I had ovulated since the MC and we didn't bench ourselves.  Nonetheless, we are hopeful for another pregnancy soon.

4. I've been to literally two concerts my entire life: Nelly and JaRule when I was in high school (not my choice) and Trans-Siberian Orchestra in December. TSO was a very cool experience. 

Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):
    I'm not new but I don't really post here that often. I'm mostly over on TTGP. So I'll do a brief refresher on me really quick.

DH and I have been TTC since January 2015. Well, "trying" since DH wanted to try a "laid back" approach without all the temping and such. I started temping, charting, OPKs, etc. in August 2015. First BFP in October 2015. MC November '15 at 6w4d. Second BFP March '16 which turned out to be a chemical. MC at 5w2d.

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.) WTO

3. Rants/raves: My DH doesn't see the chemical pregnancy as a loss. I spent awhile immediately after trying to pretend it wasn't a loss. I even kept going back and looking at the squinter lines to try to convince myself they weren't really there. Ya know because without a positive test it isn't a chemical it's just a period. But no amount of pulling them back out to look at them again has been able to convince me that they were BFNs. And really, it all just feels like a loss to me. So I'm done fighting it. I'm just going to stop lying to myself and admit it was a chemical. Hopefully then I can deal with my grief and move on.

Rave: DH and I just found out that we're getting a pretty nice tax return this year. :smiley: 

4. GTKY: What was the best concert you've ever seen? I've never actually been to a concert. :open_mouth: 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. It's year end at work and it's been crazy!

@BornReady yay for your insurance!

@Chloe97 I have looked into testing with my insurance. They weren’t really helpful. They said they needed billing codes before they could tell me if they are covered. My doctor wouldn’t give me the codes. There are no REs in my city; the nearest one is an hour away. I am 29 years old. I’ve never had a HSG. Thanks for the help.

laeberge3 Sorry you are hear, but welcome! I hope you find the support you need.

@NamelessAria I’m sorry your DH isn’t on the same page as you. I hope you treat yourselves with your tax return.

I called my GYN and have a consultation on April 18th. That is right before my FW so I doubt if anything will happen until May but it's a start. Last year at my annual she said she does the preliminary testing and then refers to a RE if needed. The require $250 deposit since most insurances don't cover it. I was ready to start testing in December but got lucky with my BFP in November. Here's to hoping I can have the same luck and cancel this appointment.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Options
    edited April 2016
    @NamelessAria It's good that you stopped fighting it. A chemical pregnancy is still a loss! My DH reacted the same way. Not that he didn't care, just it was so short-lived (An evening and then AF the next morning) I think DHs sometimes just aren't as tuned into it as us. We are experiencing it and contemplating the possibilities very early in the TWW. DHs' don't really know what's going on and react until that test turns positive. I'm sorry for your losses :( 

PS I thoroughly enjoy your GIF siggy XD

edited to add the PS rather than post again. 

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
    Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
    Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
    TTC for 2 yrs.
    One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
    Two chemicals before TTC
    Preparing for infertility testing

• Options
    Took a pregnancy test this morning and it's still positive 4 weeks post D&C....I really thought it would be negative by now :( I will have the doctor on Monday check a level just to see where I am at. Not a good start to a happy Friday! 
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 me too! Feel like my body is being a jerk and it's a cruel joke. My hcg on 3/17 was 246 and it is supposed to half in half every 48 hours just like it doubles. Guess my uterus can't do math and realized that should be 0 by now. 
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel Our uteruses need to get with the program! 
  • Options
    AF showed up today. Boo. Time to prep for next month. 

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    I missed this thread last week, but I'm so sorry to see you back here @chloe97. I'll be thinking of you! 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!