Pregnant after 35
Options

Struggling with baby names

2»

Re: Struggling with baby names

• Options
    I hope your husband gets on board soon since Willa is going to be her name ;) 
    Naming our dog was a process too and I had a period of regretting her name early on. Now I couldn't see it any other way. I wonder if I'll have similar feelings with the baby. 
  • Options
    A friend joked that I should give DH a list on which every name was Willa. Haha. 

I I have had moments where I have thought about what it would have been like if we had chosen a different name for LO, but then always come back to feeling glad of our choice. It's just hard!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm still having trouble. The Gaelic vs normal, recognizable name debate still happens in my head regularly. I feel like if I give her a Gaelic name, I will regret causing any confusion and frustration, and if I go with normal, I will regret not giving her a special piece of her father's home country. (And my heritage.) A few that I keep wondering about are Saoirse (seer-sha), Daragh / Dara and Sadie (a normal option). I haven't run anything by DH yet, though. I want to work on it some more first.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I really like Willa too @Sporty1216.  :)  

We've settled on a girl's name - Sanna Judit (Sanna was my hubby's grandma's name and Judit was his mother's name).  Our boy will likely be Parker Jerome (Parker is my grandma's maiden name and my dad's middle name and Jerome is my father-in-law's name).  There's still a part of me that loves the name Finn, but I feel like Parker and Finn are about equally popular right now, but Parker is on the way down while Finn is on the way up if that makes sense.  I've always wanted a boy named Parker, but now that I'm faced with it, I'm having a hard time giving up Finn.  :)  

So, most likely Sanna and Parker.  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    I'm bringing you all with me when DH and I have the name conversation! ;) I'm grateful for all of the votes of confidence. It was never even a little bit on my radar and then I stumbled across it the day after our anatomy scan when I was pretty shaken up. And now I'm pretty committed. We shall see. ;)

@carrieandroy-- that's a tough dilemma! I really like Daragh, and I think even with the Gaelic spelling people will have a good shot at pronouncing it correctly. The other choices are really nice too, though. :)

@wyattnash and @emsmama15-- great picks and I LOVE the stories that go with them. 

It seems like it wasn't that long ago that we were all in here talking about morning sickness and now we're going to be hearing more and more about all of these lovelies being in arms! I love it. 
  • Options
    @carrieandroy I think Saoirse is so pretty. I'd never heard it before. Yes, the spelling would throw most over here at first. I googled it and saw that there's an American actress with the name. Maybe she'll blow up and then more people will recognize it :) 
  • Options
    @carrieandroy - I like the name Dara and Sadie. Dara is unique but still seems easy enough to spell/pronounce.

We still haven't found a name that feels like "the one". The top choices are still Jack and Oscar. I think DH isn't as excited about August anymore. I still love Arlo but can't seem to convince DH on that one.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    @jilligan14 -- someone in my BMB is using the middle name ansel. I keep thinkng that would be an awesome first name. If I was having a boy! Would that scratch the August/Arlo itch and maybe appeal to DH? Anyway. I think it'd be on my list if this baby was a boy. ;)
  • Options
    @BernieRae yes, Saoirse Ronan. I love her. I didn't realize she was born in America. I just looked her up and her parents were from Ireland and they moved back to Ireland when she was three, which explains the accent.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @CarrieandRoy I'm of the same mind of @jilligan14 I lived in ireland for a summer and my roommates name was daragh!!! Its a great name as well!
  • Options
    Daragh was my husband's late father's name and it can be used for either gender. DH was the one that brought it up.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Options
    Why do husbands suggest the most ridiculous names?  Dh suggested Bernie of Hillary.  Mostly to drive family nuts.  (We may just tell them that for fun.) 
    we agreed on our 5 yo olds name in about 5 seconds and never looked back.  Even before we knew he was a boy.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Why do husbands suggest the most ridiculous names?  Dh suggested Bernie of Hillary.  Mostly to drive family nuts.  (We may just tell them that for fun.) 
    we agreed on our 5 yo olds name in about 5 seconds and never looked back.  Even before we knew he was a boy.  
    Oops I thought this was my BMB board!  I don't know that I've introd here yet.  So sorry!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been looking through a lot of Dutch names, DH's family is Dutch and so is our last name.  Unfortunately a lot of Dutch names are strange and hard to pronounce.  DH suggested some off-the-wall name from the sci-fi book he's reading, some help that was ;).  We've gotten nowhere.  I do kind of like the name Etta though.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker