TTC After a Loss
Options

Valentine's Day Baby Dance

Just realized that tomorrow is V-day! DH and I don't really pay attention so such holidays, but I thought it was cool that it falls on the day I'm supposed to ovulate. How funny, guess we have to celebrate now. Anybody else close to ovulation?

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
TTC for 2 yrs.
One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
Two chemicals before TTC
Preparing for infertility testing

Re: Valentine's Day Baby Dance

• Options
    I will be at Cd 11 tomorrow so not quite O Day, but we're doing SMEP this cycle so we gotta BD too. Between VDay and our 6 month anniversary on the 22nd, we are having another Baby Dance Party. 

Im not sure about you guys, but I think we have BD outside my FW like 2 times total since we started TTC and only because we were on vacation. These 10 day marathons are much needed stress relievers! 
  • Options
    We'll BD but I think that I ovulated yesterday - November babies for everyone (as an aside, there are a LOT of November birthdays in my family and DH)
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just finished BDing for our V-day celebration.  I should be ovulating on Wednesday. Fx for a November rainbow baby!
    Me: 28  DH: 28
    Married 8/10/13
    TTC since 11/13
    BFP #1 7/10/15, blighted ovum, D&C 8/15
  • Options
    I'm on cd26 but we had a little fun around midnight anyways  :) hoping for a Halloween baby like my DH
  • Options
    I'm a Valentine's baby and O'd yesterday, so we will see!
  • Options
    Definitely o'd this week. And my birthday is Tuesday. I'm just having all the baby dances and hoping I get a valentines / birthday baby! 

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    I'm on CD 19, so hopefully me too!
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

• Options
    CD15 here, and have been having a nice amount of EWCM since day 13. Clearblue digital showing "high" yesterday and today so may not be O-ing for a few days but it's a perfect weekend to baby dance! It's nice to have a "love" holiday around ovulation....takes the stress out a little bit.

Fingers crossed very hard for November babies for all of us.

Have a great day ladies!
    H and I both 30
    TTC #1 started Aug 2014
    BFP Apr 3 2015
    natural M/C April 20 2015 @ 6w6d
    BFP Nov 18 2015
    natural M/C Nov 23 2015 @ 5w4d.

• Options
    I'm in this boat too. I should O today or tomorrow. We don't put much effort into Valentine's Day, but I still like the coincidence. We had sex around midnight last night, so fingers crossed we get a baby as our Valentines gift!
  • Options
    Ugh. I had a baby shower yesterday. Two pregnant women there other than the mom to be. One newborn baby in attendance. 3 baby announcements in my feed so far today.

Happy valentines day!

Really hoping for this to be our month!

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    @jenmlangtake2 Baby showers are the hardest. Never fun to have babies shoved in your face when you are trying your hardest to be calm and not think about them. Hope this is your month!
    @catiecatp sounds like a lot of valentines day
    slips there :wink: 

TTC for 2 yrs.
    Two chemicals before TTC

• Options
    @DinosaurJumper - no kidding - BIL is the 16th, a cousin on the 18th, my eldest niece on the 19th (she's 25 now!) and a cousin's daughter is also the 19th. The others are within a margin of early/late deliveries - my mom is the 6th, I'm the 25th, Nonna is the 28th... And that is just off the top of my head - up until recently most of the family birthdays were in November - now we've got a bit of an increase in September and early October.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm hoping we'll get a Valentine present too... Now the waiting game begins again... Going to be a long 2 weeks
  • Options
    O week for me too! Yesssss to November babies for all!!
  • Options
    FX for November babies! My FW was also over Valentines Day 
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Options
    One week down, one more to go. How's everybody holding up this TTW?

TTC for 2 yrs.
    Two chemicals before TTC

• Options
    chloe97chloe97 member
    edited February 2016
    I just started mine today, and I'm already BSC. March 1st seems like 10 years away. 

Fx for some November babies! We had quite a few TTAL-ers float over to October 16 the last month, hopefully we get even more in November!!!

Etf words
  • Options
    I've tested the last few days. Thought I was seeing something the first test. BFNs since then though. I'm 12dpo. Anticipating AF  around Wednesday. I'm not counting it out yet.... But I'm not hopeful. I tested positive sooner than this in the past (though I know it's different every time). I just don't have a feeling this time around. But we'll see! I'm ready for AF to just come so I can stop stressing out! 

Longest 2 weeks ever. 

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    @jenmlangtake2 Damn I'm sorry! I was so hoping you'd get a darker line this weekend. It still could happen. FX
  • Options
    MamaCoffinMamaCoffin member
    edited February 2016
    @chloe97 I'm looking at the silver lining. After 3 months of charting at least I now have one complete cycle where ovulation was identified and it seems my body is finally getting back on track. I'll take it!

ETA: I think if AF comes the biggest bummer will be that I turned down shots for my birthday. :p  

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    I tested this morning... At 8 DPO.... Because I'm crazy... You all can guess the result. I know better than this! I know not to symptom spot, and I know I'm not a special snowflake. But the anxiety this cycle, first TTCAL, is no freakin joke. It doesn't help that we visited a friend on Friday with a brand new, 5 day old baby. Harrumph.
  • Options
    I tested this morning... At 8 DPO.... Because I'm crazy... You all can guess the result. I know better than this! I know not to symptom spot, and I know I'm not a special snowflake. But the anxiety this cycle, first TTCAL, is no freakin joke. It doesn't help that we visited a friend on Friday with a brand new, 5 day old baby. Harrumph.
    Girl I feel you. EVERYTHING has been a symptom. I've had many TWW but this is definitely the craziest I've ever been. First month ttcal is no joke. 

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 My first cycle TTAL was no joke. I tested 8,9,10, 11, 12Dpo partly bc I was on vacation at an al-inclusive, but mostly bc I was BSC! I was devasted by the BFNs, but AF helped. Fx for you!!
  • Options
    BooksForMe23BooksForMe23 member
    edited February 2016
    Ugh.  I thought I was going to O sometime right after Valentine's Day, but apparently I didn't!  If anyone is good with FF and wants to chart stalk and tell me what's going on, I would appreciate it.  I don't have a clue.  Good luck to everyone else!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/60b7e2
    TTC #1 since June 2015

• Options
    Thanks @jenmlangtake2 and @chloe97

@Booksforme23, I don't see a clear pattern of O yet. Maybe CD20 or CD23, but it's a stretch. Have you been taking OPKs every day? I just see the one result entered. Definitely confusing.... So sorry!!!
  • Options
    @BooksForMe23 I hate when that happens! Your temps seem really high for not having ovulated, is that weird for you? What's your normal pre-O/post-O temp range? Your temps are also super erratic, so it makes it hard to get much info from it. It makes me wonder what the chart would look like if you hid some of the earlier temp outliers? Not permanently, but to give you a better idea of a pattern if there is one being masked by those more extreme temp changes. I would also keep up with the OPKs in case you've stopped, as your body might keep gearing up to O, but not succeeding as it tries to regulate post-loss. Looking at it, it looks to me like CD 23 might be a possibility? But really it's hard to glean much with the temps so varied. 

A tip if you're interested... I always would take a temping break during AF. Temps are usually a little messed up then and it was like my monthly vacation from my thermometer. I would start up again after and always caught O.  
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 Thanks for the chart stalk!  I had negative OPKs for several days before my one positive one on day 20.  I also OPKed on day 21 and it was negative.  I've been googling erratic temperatures like crazy, and it seems like I just have to wait and see.  Bleh.
    TTC #1 since June 2015

• Options
    @BooksForMe23 Do you temp everyday at the same time? And are your charts usually erratic like this? Vaginal temping may be worth trying out next month; it's usually recommended when oral temp charts look crazy like this. I do agree with @BornReady that your temps seem high for pre-O temps.
  • Options
    @BornReady  Thanks for the help!  This is my first month charting since my miscarriage, and I only charted part of a cycle when I got pregnant before (and it turned out I was already pregnant without knowing it when I was charting).  I try really hard to temp at the same time everyday, but I'm also a really restless sleeper, so maybe it just isn't going to work for me?  I don't know!  Even when I was pregnant, my temps varied more than a degree from day to day.
    TTC #1 since June 2015

• Options
    @RiverSong15 I will try vaginal temping next month.  It can't hurt, right?
    TTC #1 since June 2015

• Options
    BornReadyBornReady member
    edited February 2016
    @BooksForMe23 Definitely try tamping vaginally like PP said. Also, are you more focused on temping at the same time or after your longest sleep? For me, I always found that I would get my best pattern just temping the first time I woke up at night, as long as I'd been asleep for a few hours, like around 3AM or so. I found if I went back to sleep after waking the first time my temp was always much higher the next time I woke up, it also made me anxious about falling back to sleep which made for even more messed up temps.

Edit: Definitely check out the chart galleries too on Fertility Friend, they will help you see patterns in the temps that are helpful when assessing your own chart. You can search for anovulatory cycles, pregnant, after miscarriage etc. 

• Options
    BornReady said:
    @BooksForMe23 Definitely try tamping vaginally like PP said. Also, are you more focused on temping at the same time or after your longest sleep? For me, I always found that I would get my best pattern just temping the first time I woke up at night, as long as I'd been asleep for a few hours, like around 3AM or so. I found if I went back to sleep after waking the first time my temp was always much higher the next time I woke up, it also made me anxious about falling back to sleep which made for even more messed up temps.

Edit: Definitely check out the chart galleries too on Fertility Friend, they will help you see patterns in the temps that are helpful when assessing your own chart. You can search for anovulatory cycles, pregnant, after miscarriage etc. 

Completely agree with this. I sleep like crap these days, but I use the temp when I first wake up- usually so time between 3 and 5. Otherwise my temps are much higher. At the very least, I've been able to identify a pattern even if the temps fluctuate a bit more than I like.
  • Options
    @DinosaurJumper - TWW is driving me BSC this time. I'm 9DPO and I had a big temperature drop today but not below my coverline. I'm anxious that AF is going to come tomorrow and it will be a too short LP again. I wasn't classically symptoms spotting - but instead using FF chart overlays to look at how similar this cycle was (up until today) to the one where I got a BFP (which was also my only completely charted cycle. I suppose at the very least I can conclude that my cycle is becoming more normal but I'm emotional. Which also fits with PMS and progesterone. Though if I recall correctly my PMS used to come about 3-4 days before AF when I was on birth control - so maybe I have a few more days before AF. I've got other progesterone triggered symptoms right now so maybe it isn't as big of a dip as I thought. My sleep has been crappy so that adds complexity to the temperatures (as in I go to bed at 10, wake up at 11:30pm, 1am, 3am, 5am...) - I swear, the next time I don't have to work the next day that I have this level of crappy sleep I'm temping at each waking to see what differences it makes - and maybe even temping before and after getting up to go to the bathroom to see how much it matters for me.

As an aside - I'm getting a sore throat and spring break is over - I have to teach tomorrow which means a lot of talking which means more irritation for the throat and TWW means none of the good medications (which I'll happily pass on if pregnant - but I'd like to know if I'm needing to avoid - KWIM?)

@BooksForMe23 - FF is indicating that today's temp is odd for some reason - perhaps O on CD23 or CD24? 

@bornready - love the thermometer vacation idea

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited February 2016
    BornReady said:
     Also, are you more focused on temping at the same time or after your longest sleep? For me, I always found that I would get my best pattern just temping the first time I woke up at night, as long as I'd been asleep for a few hours, like around 3AM or so. I found if I went back to sleep after waking the first time my temp was always much higher the next time I woke up, it also made me anxious about falling back to sleep which made for even more messed up temps.
    That's exactly my issue with temping. I have always woken up several times in the night and so my numbers were weird.

Edited because I suck at grammar :expressionless: 

TTC for 2 yrs.
    Two chemicals before TTC

• Options
    I do that too. "I got a FRER, so it'll be positive even though its early!" DH has learned to keep me from buying PT before I'm late. I cheat a lot though ;D Hope you make it and get those pink lines!

TTC for 2 yrs.
    Two chemicals before TTC

• Options
    @chloe97 It's so hard to not go BSC crazy! Hope you are able to find a way to distract yourself this TTW. 8 more days right?

@jenmlangtake2 That is a good way to look at it :) My cycles were short for awhile and now they are kind of a crap shoot. I just always hope AF takes her time even if I'm not PG. She's expected tomorrow still?

@catiecatp Did AF come early? Or are you still in the game? I'm just about a day behind you, and AF comes between DPO 11 and 13 for me. Usually I have my pms starting around dpo 6 or so. DPO 10 and still nothing but wishful thinking. Hoping this means a longer LP finally. It's been over a year since I've actually had a two week long TWW. Hope your LP is lengthening if nothing else!

TTC for 2 yrs.
    Two chemicals before TTC

• Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited February 2016

I do that too. "I got a FRER, so it'll be positive even though its early!" DH has learned to keep me from buying PT before I'm late. I cheat a lot though ;D Hope you make it and get those pink lines!

********QBF*******
    Thanks. I use Wondfos so I don't feel like I'm just peeing on my money - I got a squinter at 9 DPO previously, so they're pretty sensitive. This cycle, I'm still BFN at 10 DPO, which is when I had clear positives in November. I keep telling myself I'm not out until my period shows, but my gut instinct says I'm out. I'm just trying to focus on planning for next cycle. 

Good of luck to you and all others still in the TWW.

Edit: because words are hard sometimes
  • Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited February 2016
    Double post.... Gremlins are at it again...
  • Options
    MamaCoffinMamaCoffin member
    edited February 2016
    @DinosaurJumper nope. She showed up Sunday night.  :'(

Ah well. At least I know what's up. Back at square one. Here we go again!

ETA: this is the most painful cycle I've had since d&c. I've actually popped a leftover percocet so I can stand up straight. When it rains it pours.

One good thing happened today, though. I went to Wendy's for lunch.... They gave me two extra orders of nuggets and I didn't realize it until I got back. Win?

Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Options
    @DinosaurJumper - I'm still in the game! I went from 36.4C (97.5F) to 36.6C (97.9F) - and I trust today's temperature more because I slept for 4+ hours before waking which I haven't in recent days.

Still only 11DPO but at least we're getting to an LP that is long enough to allow for implantation. DH likely won't want to test until 18DPO though and he really wants to test together. I don't know how to explain to him why I'd want to test early - I've tried but he doesn't seem to understand that right now I expect blood every time I go to the bathroom (which is often, thanks progesterone...)

If I am pregnant I may ask here and/or PGAL about US medical care and mat leave benefits at universities in the US in case anyone knows something. But for now I'm trying to remember that that is a problem for future me...

Pregnancy Ticker