Late Term and Child Loss
Options

I belong here now

2»

Re: I belong here now

• Options
    @cmillar36 I feel like we should talk sometime.  Our little girls share the same birthday. And even though some of our circumstances might be different, we are sharing a very similar journey since we lost our girls this week. As I read your posts I feel every single word and can connect on so many levels both emotionally and physically. I think we could be a great support for each other.    I live in Ontario Canada and saw that you are in Canada too. Any advice u can offer about the paperwork for a leave would be helpful. I'm trying to sort that out too. My email is rs892@hotnail.com.  Let me know if u would find it helpful to chat xo 
  • Options
    @Rach2smith Again I'm so sorry our baby girls share this date. I will def email you later. I wish I lived closer Im
    in Winnipeg. 

I actually have emails to write to @alanna3622
    My mind just won't let me put too many thoughts clearly down right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cmillar36 and @Rach2smith hugs to you ladies! Everything you are feeling is totally normal and dumb people say some really awful things. There's sadly not much we can do about the stupid things. Just know that those of us who get it, also get the stupid things told to us and it makes us all want to scream, which is normal. Don't let them make you feel worse for feeling how you feel, you are entitled to whatever feelings you have and those people can shove it! Do whatever you need to do to protect your hearts!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Ugh started passing large pieces of placenta this morning. Daughters birthday is in 4 hours lovely.
  • Options
    Day 4 and bleeding is even worse then yesterday. Gees. Im pretty sure it was slowing down with my other 2 already.
  • Options
    I am so sorry @cmillar36. Hugs 
  • Options
    There are so many things that will catch you and cause you to break down. I'm glad you recognized you needed space from your family and pregnant sister. Don't allow others to tell you where you should be in your grief process. Allow yourself space when you need it. Be patient and kind to yourself.
  • Options
    1 week ago today I lost my perfect little angel Nora Mae. Thank you everyone for the support during this awful time.
    A picture of my angel.

• Options
    Is it even possible I'm ovulating today. Bleeding seems to have stopped overnight. But now I'm having stomach pain which feels like ovulation pains.
  • Options
    Maybe check with your doctor to see what should be expected. Such a beautiful perfect little face - love her little nose. 
  • Options
    @cmillar36 thanks for sharing this picture. She is a sweetheart. So tiny and so very loved.

I had bleeding and spotting for quite some time, off and on. I assume lochia is the same at 5 months as it is for an 8 month loss, but initially, the lochia is the shedding of different uterine materials, which progresses through different colours. After that, some women (including me) have a return of red bleeding, which I think was my uterus entirely replacing the patch where the placenta was attached to the uterine wall. Finally, I experienced black lochia, which was scary but painless. 

Throughout these 7 weeks, I have had stomach pains as my body slowly heals.

There are a couple of good articles out there on postpartum bleeding that come up on Google. 

• Options
    Beautiful photo!

the pains are just your body adjusting. The cramps are similar to when your uterus was growing, now it's shrinking. Bleeding can come and go. I hope it goes as quickly as possible for you. So many hugs to you
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Embarrassing question? How long did you wait to be intimate with husband or significant other? Today is Day 11. Bleeding seems to be done. Id really like to. My discharge sheet days when bleeding is done and when you feel you are ready? Having had 2 previous csections not sure if it's ok.
  • Options
    cmillar36 said:
    Embarrassing question? How long did you wait to be intimate with husband or significant other? Today is Day 11. Bleeding seems to be done. Id really like to. My discharge sheet days when bleeding is done and when you feel you are ready? Having had 2 previous csections not sure if it's ok.
    That's a good question for your Dr. if you are unsure. I was told to wait the usual 6 weeks after a vaginal birth due to the risk of infections. We definitely waited longer than that because I was just so out of it for a while. Sorry I'm not much help.
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    I agree ask your doctor mine had been a vaginal delivery-  we were told 6 weeks and then to avoid pregnancy for at least 3 cycles before getting pregnant again. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Going to just leave it for now. Day 12 and the bleeding started up again last night. 
  • Options
    That may be your uterus replacing the placental attachment site. 

It sucked for me too -- I thought I was in the clear and it was done, but then it started again. 

I am glad you are waiting. The last thing you need is an infection.