Babies on the Brain
Options

Last pill.

I took my last birth control pill on Saturday. I had already kind of planned on stopping them this month, and then it just so happened that the end of this last pack was the last pack in my yearly prescription. No point in refilling this time. I'm excited but crazy nervous.

I'm curious what my body is gonna do now. I've been on birth control pills for over a decade straight. I have no idea how long it's gonna take my body to even out, or if I ever will. Time will tell! We still plan on using condoms until around April when we are going to just stop trying to prevent and see what happens. I'm getting super baby crazy though. We went to the birthday party of one of DH's coworkers little girls on Saturday. Seeing all these cute little kids really didn't help. As I was standing there with DH off to the side, I was like, 'Omg, I want a baby. What if we just started to try now?' He's like, '*shrug* I've just been waiting on you. Whenever you want.' LOL. Oh man. We'll see if we even make it to April... 

Excited. :blush: 

That's all. We aren't talking to anyone about our plans, even though our moms have been bugging us left and right about when we're gonna have a baby. (We are coming up on our first wedding anniversary in March.) Just wanted to vent and share some of my excitement to someone. 
houston, tx. eharmony 7.3.11. married 3.7.15. oilfield wife.

Re: Last pill.

• Options
    How exciting, and I hear ya! It's kind of surreal when the time comes, no? I almost can't believe it. It seems like it should be quite ceremonious, but of course it's just a small change in something you usually do.

I wonder if you can hang on till April. I was going to wait maybe another month but it seems like I've been looking for reasons not to wait, so here we are having thrown caution to the wind already (literally as of yesterday), so we'll see what happens. And of course I should be doing mountains of work, not obsessing about baby stuff!!

Is there a reason you're waiting for a bit after coming off the pill (I haven't been on the pill for a while, so I'm not really in the know).
  • Options

Like you I was on BC for over a decade and when I went off it to get pregnant nothing changed at all. My periods were regular too. I know everyone is different but that's my story.

Good luck! Babies are a whirlwind of crazy shit!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was a surreal experience for me, too!  But it's a lot of fun to start trying.  If I can offer a tiny bit of advice, just expect the unexpected.  Coming off BC is a total whirlwind.
  • Options
    jenfarm3jenfarm3 member
    edited January 2016
    Is there a reason you're waiting for a bit after coming off the pill (I haven't been on the pill for a while, so I'm not really in the know).
    The reason is really stupid. I'm gonna start out by saying that I'm totally aware of that. LOL. But it's the control freak in me. Even though it's something I really don't have any control over. It's just me grasping for something, I think. 

In a perfect world, I'd actually love to get pregnant in June/July-ish so I'd have a Spring baby. For some reason, I really want to try to avoid having a holiday baby. I, myself, am a semi-holiday baby and it's something that has always tied into my birthday so some part of me wants to try to avoid that for my child. Also, if we got pregnant this second, it'd give us a Fall baby and I knew too may Fall babies growing up. SUCH STUPID REASONS. But trying to control those two aspects is what is giving me something to grasp onto... so as of now, I'm hanging on. LOL. Control freaks and baby making, never a good mix really. We'll see how long this charade really holds out though. Haha.

We talked about starting NTNP in April because we were attempting realism in the idea that we most likely wouldn't get pregnant first cycle trying. So April gave a little wiggle room of a couple months if that were the case. I'm getting over the idea of hoping to get pregnant in June/July and just letting go a little control in thinking that anytime in or after April I would be fine with. 

Stupid. But that's what it is. LOL. Because of all this, karma will probably make us wait months before even conceiving. Here's to hoping we just don't have issues. (Which I don't foresee, but such is life with this baby making stuff. You never know what's gonna happen until you start trying.) DH works offshore, so his schedule being home is wonky and another thing I worry about. But I really need to just not... and have fun with it all. At least at first, before I start freaking out. That's one big thing I'm trying to get into the mindset of is just having fun with it at first. I don't want to let myself overthink it once we do "pull the goalie."

Aside from all that, it really exciting but really scary. We've always talked about "someday" and when "someday" becomes now, it is super surreal. I'm more ready than I've ever been and that's actually saying a lot. I know I'm never going to be 100% ready because of my tendency to just overthink things, but the fact that DH is so excited and ready at anytime gives me more confidence in this next step. It is really exciting. :blush: 

• Options
    What an exciting time for you! I'll be following right behind you....I start my last BC pack next week after using them for 10 years and I'm very curious to see how my body will respond. My OB told me if I could, to let my body go through a cycle or two before TTC to "help my uterus lining build up" (I have no idea of that is accurate or not). But, since DH is deploying soon and will be gone for numerous months, I figured it'd be the perfect opportunity to let my body freak out if it so chooses and to give me more time to get a handle on any cycle patterns (and I am secretly paranoid about all the stories of it taking 6 months to 1 year to regulate!).

Enjoy the journey!
  • Options
    That is exciting! I remember being really excited to go off BC too!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    This is exciting! It really is strange coming off BC after being on it for so long. I stopped BC last spring/summer, and it was the weirdest feeling after being on it for literally 15-17 years straight. Eek! I wondered if my body would even know how to ovulate at this point! Not that it has any bearing on your situation, but after a couple of weird cycles at first, I did regulate pretty quickly and now my body seems to be doing just what it should be. My first cycle off was about 6wks long, then went to 34, then 31 days, and I've been at 28/29 days ever since. Try not to worry about it too much, enjoy the process, and know that it might not happen *exactly* when you want it to! I had some preconceived notions of when I wanted to get pregnant when we first started trying, but now those are long gone... Now I just want to be pregnant, period! Good luck :) 
  • Options
    I recently came off myself!! It's been interesting getting to know my body again. I can almost tell my hormones are trying to regulate again. I was REALLY dizzy (like couldn't walk dizzy) mid month, my appetite is all over the place, my sex drive is through the roof (perfect for baby making!) and I'm tired ALL the time.
    I have had AF yet so we will see how long this cycle is.
    I've read around here a lot and it seems so many people have such different reactions. Enjoy trying to get to know your body again!

Also - try not to count on a particular birth month. It could take 1 cycle, could take 9 which would throw your plans out the window. Just have fun trying and let nature do its thing!
  • Options
    kristah2 said:
    I recently came off myself!! It's been interesting getting to know my body again. I can almost tell my hormones are trying to regulate again. I was REALLY dizzy (like couldn't walk dizzy) mid month, my appetite is all over the place, my sex drive is through the roof (perfect for baby making!) and I'm tired ALL the time. I have had AF yet so we will see how long this cycle is. I've read around here a lot and it seems so many people have such different reactions. Enjoy trying to get to know your body again! Also - try not to count on a particular birth month. It could take 1 cycle, could take 9 which would throw your plans out the window. Just have fun trying and let nature do its thing!
    Weird you say dizzy. I felt dizzy for a couple days a few days ago. At the time I'd connected it to being kind of sick. (I've had a terrible cough and mucus crap going on over the past week or so.) Maybe it had something to do with my coming off the pill. Idk. Weird though. Haha.

I'm currently having my first withdrawal "period" since ending my last pill pack last Saturday. After this is over, we'll see how long it takes for a real one to happen. Curious. My sex drive has already kicked up a little bit, which sucks because I'm currently bleeding (which necessarily wouldn't stop us, but it's not an ideal jump your bones situation so it's not happening. LOL.) and DH is leaving to go back to work on Tuesday and will be gone for three weeks. (He works offshore on a drilling rig. Three gone, three home.) I'll still be bleeding when he leaves and I'll be super pissed if as soon as he gets home, the real AF comes to visit. WTF. I already really hate not being able to schedule my periods... sigh. Oh well. Lol.

Yeah, I'm trying not to put too much thought into the planning part. I know it's not possible... gotta keep that in mind. Haha.

• Options
    KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited January 2016
    I feel like I'm listening to myself talk! We are starting April too. I mentioned .."how about now?" to my husband he too told me that he is ready ans waiting on me. We are going to New York beginning of april and i really don't want to be sick/nauseated on the trip. Pregnant I'm ok with...naustated and sick no! My husband agrees. I want our last "hurrah" vacation enjoyable for both so we are still preventing. Booo! But april we are going to do not trying not preventing. Come on April!!!!!

Everyone is bugging us so much on it. We are not telling anyone we are trying. No ones business. Besides if we do potentially have problems in don't want people to know or ask questions. So its between us and it will be a surprise. I think people are convinced we don't want children at all.

Oh. I came off pill last may. I felt nothing. My period came back the first month completely normal and comes every 29 days (once it was 24 days). Very regular..no issues. Not as painful as they used to be but that might be a good thing. Some women take a while to bounce back and regulateb things. Others might come back to normal right away. Take the months of February and March to get to know your body and your normal. Keep an eye on CM and you will know your "fertile window" generally
  • Options
    @KarliQ88 Haha! So crazy! And exciting. :smile: Good luck to y'all!

So I finished my "withdrawal" period last week and I just started my first actual period today. WTF. I really hope I regulate out to regular length cycles quickly. This is annoying. Lol. Dangit. 

• Options
    It will get back on track. If you had a normal period prior to the pill it should return. I cant remember exactly but i think i was slightly irregular for the first month or two. But came back as i remember it. Every 29 days exactly. Anyway best of luck. April is getting closer :-)