Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Amber teething necklace

Has anyone used one of these? Just curious. My daughter is 3 & 1/2 months and started teething; she's wicked drooley and crabby. I figure it's worth a shot!

Re: Amber teething necklace

• Options

I know they are deemed as "safe" but for me 2 things freak me out: 1) something around my child's neck and 2) I have no idea what amount of amber is actually going into her body and I'm just not comfortable with that. I have a scientist friend that said the Baltic amber is fairly safe except for the unknown amount of it that is being absorbed.

I use Hyland teething tablets instead.

• Options
    I got one. Didn't notice any difference. DH said to get rid of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter is almost 6 months now and she started wearing one about a month ago. It helped her a lot with drooling and seems to help her with her gum pain as well. I was nervous too about having her wear a necklace but I keep a close eye on her and I take it off at night. 
  • Options
    I got one and my baby's drooling has decreased significantly! Even my mom who thought I was crazy and is wicked old school has admitted it worked. I, like most, was weary about the necklace so I bought an anklet and it just goes under her sock so I don't have to worry about choking or anything. I take it off before bed at night :) 
  • Options
    trishee13 said:
    I got one and my baby's drooling has decreased significantly! Even my mom who thought I was crazy and is wicked old school has admitted it worked. I, like most, was weary about the necklace so I bought an anklet and it just goes under her sock so I don't have to worry about choking or anything. I take it off before bed at night :) 
    Where did you find the anklet? I would be more comfortable with that than a necklace. 
  • Options
    Amazon! I just searched "Amber teething anklet" it was only like $15 and it has helped her drooling a ton! This is the exact one I got