Infertility
Options

November/December IVF

Re: November/December IVF

• Options
    PiperellaPiperella member
    edited November 2015
    Congrats on the start of stims for you, @2legbaby!!  

How's everyone doing before Thanksgiving?  Any updates, @emsmama15?  You've been quiet over there...  How'd your appt go today, @takethelongway?

I had another ultrasound and now did blood work for the first time in a long time.  Lots of follicles are at the 14mm mark and he's keeping me on the 250follistim/75menopur/ganarelix protocol.  I go back on Friday for more bloodwork and a final ultrasound before the ER.  Retrieval is still looking like it will be Sunday.  My RE did say that I'm definitely going to be skipping a fresh and doing a FET in January.  I'm not super happy by that decision, but I'm trying to think positively about it knowing that it's best for my body and best for the hopefully future babies.  
  • Options
    @Piperella sounds like you are responding well, sorry you have to wait for transfer, but I do think that allowing your body to calm down after all the hormones has got to have some advantages it is hard to wait though which seems like all we do during this process :)
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Piperella My appointment went well! I had about 10 follicles in the 10-12mm range and one at 16mm. I'm not sure when my ER will be and I don't know when I go back yet. Waiting for the nurse to call :) At this rate I'm thinking I'll have ER on Monday or Tuesday. I'm also doing an FET, probably in January as well :)
    Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey
  • Options
    Hello

I was wondering if I could join this topic? I have not really been participating in these forums for a few months now, I came back to lurk a little and I think now I am ready to talk again.

I had my first IVF cycle on June 5th and had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. It was really hard, I had to take Misoprostol to start the evacuation process 3 times, had cramps that apparently were more like contractions than cramps, had an allergic reaction, and there was some tissue left that took two months to shed, it was horrible, and it took 3 cycles on the pill before I can try again.

Now I started my Lupron injections a week ago, and I start Estrogen tomorrow, I have an appointment on the 7th to check my lining and do some blood work and if all is well we can do a frozen transfer around December 13-15th.

I am very excited to try again, I tought the time would never come, it has been so long since the last one. But I am also so scared now. We have very good 5 day blastocysts, we will transfer one, and with the quality it has about 80% chance to implant. I am just terrified of losing it again.

Anyway, sorry if this was a little long, it would just feel nice to have someone to talk to about these things. I have my husband, but it is also nice to talk to other women.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    Welcome @Alyeena!!  Good luck with your FET!

@Piperella, I had my baseline ultrasound and lab today.  Everything looks quiet.  I've been really nervous about starting stims.  This morning, my NP said "Oh Heather, if there's anyone I'm NOT worried about, it's you."  I'm glad they have faith in me since my faith in myself wavers sometimes!!  I'm starting stims on Friday too @2legbaby!!  What do they have you taking?  I'm doing 150 Menopur in the AM and 150 of Gonal-F in the PM.  AF came today right after my ultrasound and a little acupuncture.  Fingers crossed!!

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Welcome @Alyeena! It sounds like you have had a hard road this last 6 months, I can only imagine how your loss has added to your anxiety about this transfer, but FX that all goes well for you this round and all that wait will have been worth it!

Yeah @emsmama15! We are cycle buddies :)  I am starting on 75IU of Menopur and 225 Follistim both in the PM for the first three days and then they will change if needed on Monday.I feel good about this cycle!!! What are you nervous about? needles or how you will respond? 

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Options
    Welcome @Alyeena!  I'm sorry for your loss, but I am glad you have so much to look forward to with strong blastocysts and an upcoming FET!  I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two from you as I will prepare soon for FET in early January.

@2legbaby - I think you're right.  I just need to hope for a strong and healthy retrieval process and then enjoy a bit of a break during the holidays in preparation for early January.

@takethelongway - So glad your appt. went well!  Did your RE keep you on the same protocol as you're doing right now for the next few days?  I think the next few days are going to fly by for us all!

@emsmama15 - Hooray for the RE appt!  I'm excited for you to start stims on Friday.  So glad that your baseline ultrasound went well and there is nothing holding you up. :-)  Fx for you!
  • Options
    Hi. I am new to posting here, or really anywhere. I've been trolling this discussion board for awhile. I'm 31, DH is 30 with severe MFI (5% motility ) we are starting our first round of IVF. We tried for a year and a half with no luck naturally and finally started looking for medical explanation a few months ago. After being incorrectly diagnosed with PCOS and being on Metform (which made me vomit almost daily) and the urologist not explaining/understanding that DH sperm count was not going to get me knocked up we made it to our awesome RE.
  • Options
    (The whole thing didn't post)
    Hi. I am new to posting here, or really anywhere. I've been trolling this discussion board for awhile. I'm 31, DH is 30 with severe MFI (5% motility ) we are starting our first round of IVF. We tried for a year and a half with no luck naturally and finally started looking for medical explanation a few months ago. After being incorrectly diagnosed with PCOS and being on Metform (which made me vomit almost daily) and the urologist not explaining/understanding that DH sperm count was not going to get me knocked up we made it to our awesome RE. After testing us both she told me that I was told I had PCOS just due to being overweight and that no one had addressed DH motility issues. Pretty much our only chance is IVF. I have one week left of BCP, and I'm nervous about juggling work and all the appointments for ultrasounds and bloodwork. How does everyone stay sane? How long between starting injections vs egg retrieval? How long did you have to wait before starting the next cycle if it didn't work?
  • Options
    Welcome, @kennelchick!  You were lurking, and hopefully not trolling.  :-)  I think the business of the holiday season is helping me stay somewhat sane.  I started injections on Thursday evening 11/19 and will most likely have my egg retrieval on 11/28.  I think the average can be anywhere from 8-12 days. Do you know what medications/protocol you will be put on after BCP?  I'm so glad you found an RE that is helping you both with correct diagnoses and treatment.
  • Options
    @Piperella Yes! 150iu Gonal-f, 75iu Menopur, and Ganirelix. I'm excited to see where I'm at on Friday! I'm also excited to see where you're at :)
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Options
    Thank you for all the welcomes :) You all look very nice! @Piperella If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will answer if I can. This will be the first FET for me as well, but I am sure I will know more in the next few weeks.

@Kennelchick, Welcome to you too :D And I LOL'd at the trolling. xD But to answer your questions:
    -You will get injections for about two weeks before the egg retrieval, but you have to keep in mind when they do the egg retrieval they do not always do a fresh transfer, for example if you are at risk over follicle hyperstimulation syndrome (FHSS), you may have to wait for the next cycle and do a frozen embryo transfer (FET).

-If it does not work... well if the embryo does not implant, it is usually safe to try again the next cycle. It is more complicated if it does implant and you miscarry (hopefully that does not happen to you) they will usually wait until you had a normal period or two and then you can try again, but it may take longer.

-It is difficult to stay sane, I can't really help there. I was very nervous and I am very nervous now.

35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    Welcome @Alyeena and @kennelchick!! Good luck with your cycles! :wink:

My ER was today and they retrieved 18 eggs. I will probably do 5 day transfer which is next Monday. My clinic calls on day 1 and 2 but after that they don't call you until the actual day of ET. We shall see how many will make it to day 5. :smile:
  • Options
    @2legbaby - I'm not nervous about the needles (I did several injectable cycles of IUI).  I'm nervous about my response, how many we'll get, how many will fertilize, if it will work!!  Eeek!

@luvssong012 - great initial number!!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for your eggs/embryos!!

@Piperella - I realized I didn't even respond to you needing to do a FET.  I'm sorry, I know you wanted to do fresh, but there's something to be said for letting everything settle out and putting those embies back into a calm and peaceful uterus!!  :)  
  • Options
    Yeah @luvssong012! Great #s to start!hope you are feeling well post retrieval!

Welcome @kennelchick !
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Options
    @rshatsky nope not a dr, pubic servant. :) what kind of dr are you? Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • Options
    Just got a call - out of 18 eggs, 16 were mature and 7 fertilized. The nurse said they usually expect about a half to fertilize so 7 is a good number. :smile: Let's see how many survives by tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving ladies!
  • Options
    Good to hear @luvssong012! Happy Thanksgiving!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Options
    Great news @luvssong012!!
  • Options
    First Menopur in!! It burned but was over pretty quickly. Totally worth it. :smiley:
  • Options
    luvssong012luvssong012 member
    edited November 2015

@emsmama15 Congrats on starting your first shot! Menopur does burn! But like you said, it's worth it in the end. :)

@2legbaby I feel bloated and get cramps here and there but overall I am doing very well. :) I keep extra strength Tylenol just in case I need them!

So I got another call today - nurse told me my embryos are dividing nicely. Some are 2 cells, some are 4 and 5 cells. I won't receive any more phone call from now on. I will find out how many survived when I go in on Monday for ET. I can't wait till Monday!

• Options
    So excited for you @luvssong012! Monday must seem so far away!

I am gearing up for my first shots tonight....made my husband laugh when I told him I was loading "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten into my ipod to listen to during the shots....he told me I could play it on Sonos and he was cheer along :) 

How are things going @takethelongway and @rshatsky?
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @2legbaby I had an ultrasound and blood work today. I'm not sure of my follicle sizes because I forgot to ask, but I know they grew. I had 12 measurable on the right and 9 measurable on the left. I go back Sunday and will most likely trigger Sunday evening for a Tuesday retrieval!

Best of luck with your shots this evening! They aren't too bad :)
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Options
    PiperellaPiperella member
    edited November 2015
    Had b/w and u/s again today.  A ton of follicles, most from 14 - 22mm.  My RE called this afternoon and I don't have to take anymore stim injections!!!  I just take the trigger shot of Lupron tonight at 11pm.  I go for my ER on Sunday morning.  I'm tired of cooking these eggs.  RE said 100%  I would have to move to a FET due to both my levels and follicle count.  He wouldn't give me the number but I think he doesn't want to freak me out.  He just said it's really high.

Hope everyone else is doing well on stims!  Keep growing those follicles, ladies!  Excited to hear more about your fresh transfer, @luvssong012!
  • Options
    I am on BCP until Thursday, and then Monday the 7th I go in for my baseline ultrasound and will probably start gondalfin 150 units that night and then start granilex when told. I had some spotting yesterday and today and after panicking a little the nurse said that was normal. Sorry, I'm rambling and really not using complete sentences. It is very helpful and encouraging to hear what everyone else is doing and how your cycles are going. I feel like I'm boring all my friends with fertility talk. You are all so nice!
  • Options
    @kennelchick I find it is easy to work yourself into a panick about the little things during all of this, it is easy to get overwhelmed and you don't want to miss anything- it's always nice when they tell you it's nothing to worry about!

@Piperella good luck on Sunday!!!

Glad things are going well @takethelongway! Shots went well, was prepared for the menopur sting, I am using the follistim pen which is nice- needle is super tiny :)
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Options
    MSR1977MSR1977 member
    edited November 2015
    @Piperella prayers for you Sunday....My ER is on Monday...one day AFTER you! I do only 2 more Stim shots: tonight tomorrow morn, before my trigger tomorrow night. (Won't miss the 525iu Bravelle/Menopur. At. All.)
    I am also concerned with my high number of follicles counted today...he said 25ish. Thankful for quantity but praying for quality and dodging OHSS.
    Already drinking a ton of Gatorade.
    Question to all: would you correlate number of follicles you're growing to more discomfort?
  • Options
    Hey @MSR1977, I think the number of follicles really is a big part of how uncomfortable you feel, last cycle I think I had 13 follicles at time of ER and I only felt very mildly bloated and not really uncomfortable at all...with 25 follies its kind of like having a couple of grape fruits hanging out in your tummy :) 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Options
    @MSR1977 I started feeling uncomfortable about day 5 of stims. I don't know how many follicles I had then, but today I had a total of 21 measured (there were other, smaller ones, as well) and I am definitely getting more and more uncomfortable.

@Piperella Good luck on Sunday! We'll be FET buddies :) While it sucks to have to do an FET, I am kind of looking forward to taking a few weeks to make my body the best it can be!

@2legbaby Thank you :) I'm glad your shots went well. Menopur is the worst, if it gets bad, try icing before and after. I usually do my Gonal-f and Ganirelix and then ice while I'm mixing the Menopur. Originally, the ice was for the Ganirelix because that'll burn after injection. Menopur burns the whole way for me :/
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Options
    @takethelongway @2legbaby
    I didn't have any discomfort until day 7 Stims and then WHAM, bloat and cramp started. Then again, my eggs had a crazy growth spurt...
    Up until day 5: 9 small unmeasurable follies
    Day 7: 18 follies
    Day 10: 25 follies
    Tomorrow, day 11, trigger. I've become the michelin man in 3 days. Lol
  • Options
    Good luck on Sunday @Piperella!! And on Monday @MSR1977!!  

@2legbaby - Fight Song is my ringtone on my phone.  I love that song.  It came on while I was waiting for my IVF meds at Walgreens and I felt like it was a sign.  :)  HAHA!
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to give an update. Had another bloodwork and sonogram appt. today, day 8 of stims, completed 7, and they told me I'm going to trigger tomorrow! Very excited bc I was anticipating 10 days of stims. I had a realllllly hard time with emotions yesterday, and my sister telling me she was expecting her 3rd, yay for her, BOOOOO for us! So, the news couldn't come on a better day. I'm a bit nervous though bc I only have 8 eggs, and I know 50% will be lost. So ER will be Monday and I guess I'll know more then, but I'm a bit bummed. And advice or encouragement for my low numbers?
  • Options
    I have my FET on Monday morning after a twin miscarriage in August from a fresh transfer. It look a while for my body to go back to normal. I'm doing a natural cycle so no drugs or injections at all. I'm in two minds about whether I should rest a lot next week or just do what I normally do.., i obviously want to maximize the chances of it working..
  • Options
    I have my FET on Sunday! So excited but also a little nervous. Going this morning for ultrasound and bloodwork to make sure everything is good. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to everyone!
  • Options
    Good morning ladies! Sounds like everyone is doing well and I wish everyone good luck if you're start your stims, if you have your ER coming up or your FET! I just started Lupron this morning. This is our second time doing IVF, but first time using Lupron. Wasn't bad at all, but I do have a headache. Not a horrible one but one that is there and like we all do we just deal with it. Positive vibes to everyone!
    Kristy
  • Options
    Glad you are getting ready to trigger @Sfleiss....the embryo # game is a tough one....last cycle we started with 13 follicles at ER, 9 eggs,8 mature, 100% fertilization rate (not expected!) and on day 5 had 4 embryos....unfortunately we did PGS testing due to my age and all 4 were abnormal, but in a younger woman of 4 likely to get at least 2 good ones....and all you really need is one good one :) FX that all goes well for you Monday and try not to stress too much about the numbers! 

Good luck with FETs @chelsbum and @kated0724!

@kristylang good luck with your second cycle ....I am on cycle # 2 and feel like this will be the one! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Options
    Hey guys so I'm day 8 of stims now. Just added Ganrelix to the mix this morning. They also decreased my morning Follistim and increased my nighttime Menopur. Still don't have as many eggs as we would like (around 7) but I keep telling myself all I need is one. My RE is thinking Wednesday ER for me. I have been super bloated this weekend. I literally feel like I am just an incubator. I can't imagine what you guys with way more eggs feel like.
    TTC 2 years
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    DH: 3% morphology, low volume
    Me: DOR, early ovulation, short luteal phase
    IUI + clomid x 3 cycles - all BFN
    IVF # 1 - stims 11/21
    ER: 12/2 - 11 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized, 4 made it to day 5 blastocyst - now 4 frozen snowflakes
    Fresh ET -12/7 - transferred 1 embaby
    12/18 Beta #1 BPF !!! - 617 
    12/21 Beta #2 -1552

• Options
    Good luck @chelsbum and @kated0724! Sending you both great vibes! @chelsbum, I also had 3 mc from trying naturally, so I am sure you are going to wait to finally breathe a sigh of relief, but keep thinking positive and hopeful! We will meet our angels one day! Just took my trigger, which wasn't bad. I do hate taking new meds since I had an allergic reaction to one years ago (non IVF related). I'm always so scared I'm going to have another reaction, but thankfully it went smoothly! ER is officially scheduled for Monday...can wait to get this show on the road!!!
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I'm back.. been so busy but keeping track of everyone. . positive thoughts coming your way super chicks! can someone tell me what FET is again?? our ivf cycle starts in Jan and I need to find a ton things keep my mind off the anticipation... eek!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Just wanted to give you all a quick update. I had an ultrasound and blood work today. 38 follicles in total, but 19 were measurable. Estrogen was 2908. Monitoring appointment in the morning. How did everyone do over the weekend?
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey