April 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone's bump still a secret? :)

I'm going to hit the second trimester in a couple days, but we aren't planning on officially posting until Halloween. Our parents know, but not even the rest of our families know yet!

Is anyone else keeping their little one under wrap?
Does anyone who's not revealed yet have a really hard time not posting statuses about your pregnancy? XD

Re: Anyone's bump still a secret? :)

• Options
    We are keeping it a secret until then too. We did tell my parents and my boss caught me getting sick and tried to send me home so I did not get others sick, ha. He knew we were trying and excited. We are not telling anyone else though and so hard! I also look pretty pregnant....
  • Options
    Still hiding, but I'm only 9 weeks. It's not been difficult at all to keep it a secret. It's actually kind of fun to throw people off. I went shopping with my brother last week and bought pads. He totally doesn't suspect anything (he lives with me). I was frustrated with my kids yesterday and told my mom I'm never having more. Haha. It's the little things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kellypatterson my coworkers were the first ones to find out xD one of my coworkers caught me puking, and of course the whole restaurant knew within ten minutes that "SHE'S GOT A BABY IN HER BELLY -uncomfortable rubbing of my crotch-"
  • Options
    Only my boss and my trainers at the gym know. Our family has no idea. Our goal is to keep it quiet until Thanksgiving at 18 weeks if we can hide it that long. I didn't show until about that time with my first but they say you show a lot sooner with your second so we will see. It's been torture.
  • Options
    Yes and no. We aren't announcing on social media. Which is where most b of our friends are. We are letting the parents tell the extended family.
  • Options
    Ours is a secret still! (I think, anyway. I AM starting to show, so thankfully I don't have to hide the teeny bump much longer.) We are planning to tell our families next weekend after my 13-week appointment. No Facebook though. The whole world doesn't need to know. ;)
  • Options
    I have told a few friends that figured it out, but we aren't telling the family until next weekend, when we are all together! Then I will tell work. Although, I am sure some of them know because my little bump is starting to show and my boobs are huge!
  • Options
    I have the NT scan next Tuesday... I'll be 13 weeks. As long as everything looks good we will tell at that point. However, it's my second pregnancy and I'm rocking a pretty serious bloat bump. I am normally on the skinny side... so I feel like everyone kind of suspects already.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    I've only told my trainers and my 2 best friends. It's so hard keeping it from my mom, but DH wanted to tell both sets of parents at the same time and I'm not ready to tell his parents yet. In fact, I was talking to my mom yesterday (she knows we are trying) and she started crying just thinking about us getting pregnant in the future. I've got my genetic testing in 2 weeks, then we are telling close family after that.
  • Options
    Only keeping it a secret from my boss, but I just started working there, and want to prove my worth before announcing "Thanks for hiring me, I'm quitting in March/April!"
  • Options
    No intentions of posting anything online at all and I'm kind of dreading the day that some well-meaning insider - probably an older family member who just doesn't get it - posts something to my Facebook. Way too many nosy Nellies that I don't want in my business. Not all my family knows yet, but we're just casually telling people. Finally heard HB yesterday so feeling a little more comfortable about that aspect at least.
  • Options
    lilaPRlilaPR member
    edited October 2015
    Family and friends now know. I'm telling my boss in a couple weeks along with the rest of the staff (I'm a school teacher). Late October everyone will know :)
    We aren't announcing on Facebook either so it should be fun telling more and more people in person :)
    I'm 13+3 today
  • Options
    One preggo friend and TB community knows so far. I will announce to my folks and in-laws once the genetic test results are back. That should be around 12-13weeks. My bloat is there and I've gained 5lbs so I'm wearing looser tops and tight pants to hide it. I'm sure some are suspecting since I don't look so great some days and I can't hide it.
    No social media announcements will be made. I'll post a photo of baby as my profile when he/she is born.
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 oh my gosh, yes. The restaurant I was working in is shut down for renovation, so I've been trying *really* hard to find a new job before the belly starts becoming more obvious (I'm already showing). **Holiday hiring is pretty much perfect though, you makes lots of money for three months, then leave in January to finish prepping for baby!**
  • Options
    DH's family knows, as do our close friends and coworkers. I'll tell my family in the next week or so. DH has wanted to shout it from the rooftops since the BFP so I'm sure he'll post something when I tell him it's ok, but I'm not a big social media person. I have a very small friends list, and I don't care if the people there know. I'm from a very small town so word will be around within a week or two of my family knowing, anyway.
  • Options
    Honestly, I've never been one to post about babies or personal stuff (my family's italian, so lots of babies and lots of drama. No thank you.), but since I currently live across the water from my side of the family, and we rarely get to see any of our friends, it seems like the best option.
    My plan is to literally just post a picture of my Halloween costume though, as I intentionally chose a pregnant character and will definitely be showing!
  • Options
    Our parents and siblings know, and so do our six housemates (because it's kind of relevant to them!). Other than that, we're pretty much not sharing for as long as possible!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't told anyone! This is our third baby and with the other pregnancies all our family knew by now and some friends (I am 12+1 today). Decided we would wait this time until we've had the scan which is 5th October. I think it's easier to keep a secret when no one knows at all! The only thing is I've spotted a few people looking at my tummy as its beginning to show and I think they may be suspecting it! I'm just doing my best to wear baggy tops and suck in what I can! Haha. Roll on scan day on Monday!
  • Options
    My best friend, boss, and one co worker know. That's it. We'll tell our family and close friends next week as long as the NT scan looks good. I won't do a social media post. Pretty sure no friend that isn't getting told in person (or a phone call) really cares what's going on in my uterus

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm ten week and have no plans on sharing the news any time soon. We've told immediate family on my side and a handful of close friends. I didn't show til super late with DS so I'm not worried about hiding a bump. When we feel ready we'll announce.
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    cmjenkies said:
    No intentions of posting anything online at all and I'm kind of dreading the day that some well-meaning insider - probably an older family member who just doesn't get it - posts something to my Facebook. Way too many nosy Nellies that I don't want in my business. Not all my family knows yet, but we're just casually telling people. Finally heard HB yesterday so feeling a little more comfortable about that aspect at least.
    I recently set my FB profile settings that require I approve everything anyone posts on my wall. It was because some family friend posted an idiot, slightly racist article on my timeline and it was awhile before I could delete it, but I intend to keep it that way through my pregnancy. I don't want a clueless but well-meaning uncle or family friend blowing my secret.
  • Options
    My closest friends & family know. It's still a secret at work and to most people I know. I wasn't going to do an announcement, but I decided to get that goofy skeleton tshirt with the skeleton baby on the belly for Halloween. So it'll be common knowledge at the end of the month.
  • Options
    I've told a few friends, but our families are still unaware :) With my 3 previous pregnancies my mom always knew right away, so I figured she could wait this time :) We are planning to tell our families on Thanksgiving, and then I will probably just tell people as I see them.
  • Options
    I'm totally showing but not fessing up at work until after my NT scan on Monday. Our immediate families and best friends know but if something goes wrong I'm not discussing it with my whole work place. We also haven't told our two boys but we're planning to do that next week as well. I am not planning on making a big FB announcement (that's not really me).  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We've told my parents, and a couple of very close friends but for the most part it is still under wraps. We have really been wanting to tell family in person, and not wanting to make it public until after family knows - so that's a big factor in how few people know right now. Plus I really want to wait until after our NT scan on Tuesday. It is getting harder and harder to suck it in, so we will have to fess up sooner rather than later!
  • Options
    I have only told my parents, sister, my boss and a couple of coworkers. I haven't told anyone else yet. I was hoping to once I got my NT scan and blood test results back. I go in Tue Oct 6 to get them done. Then I was going to do something cute on facebook to announce. I really hope I do get to announce. I'm trying not to think of the tests right now because it's nerve wracking.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow but we're waiting to tell everyone after our next appt when I'll be 13w4d. I just want one final reassurance that our baby is ok before I announce. Our parents know. I'm honestly not in a hurry to tell anyone. I know many people will be happy but I'm nervous and hesitant about certain people. I thought it would be hard to keep it in this long but I actually started to enjoy the secret!
  • Options
    Question for you ladies: what are your thoughts on exclusively announcing to family and friends on social media, like facebook? I was always against it, thinking my family deserved to hear it from me in person, but now I realize what a struggle that is. First some get mad because others heard it first. Then it's so hard to get everyone together, especially right before the big holidays. Last I have all kinds of nerves about people's reactions and it sounds almost nice not to have to face anyone if I do it over the internet. What do you think?
  • Options
    @kaitlyn592 - I think social media is kind of impersonal, but that's because my family would be very offended. I've considered just taking a photo of DH and I with the ultrasound and texting it to my siblings, followed by a note stating that their negative opinions will not affect anything other than their relationship with me and therefore should be kept to themselves. My parents and five siblings are the only people that I plan to tell personally who don't already know, mostly because I know they're going to be upset and I'm way too hormonal to deal with them in a way that won't seriously damage our relationship.
  • Options
    @kaitlyn592 Personally I'd be open to sending a group email to all my family, rather than social media. A lot of older relatives often don't know how open their settings are on fb or other platforms and your news can be shared with others as well. I guess if you do it in a private msg to everyone on fb it'd be the same effect as a group email.
    Whatever makes ya happy!
  • Options
    @kaitlyn592 - I don't know that social media post would be the best option for the people you value the most in your life (family or people who are like family), just because then you have relatives finding out at the same time as acquaintances.  Something a little more targeted like a group email (or even a large group Facebook message) seems like it could be fine, though.  Honestly, that's how the husband and I spread the news.  Moms and grandmas got phone calls, one sister who we happened to see was told in person, but everybody else got a nice note at the same time.  We were lucky enough to get only happy responses, but if you're worried that won't be the case, you can always set up a filter (if you use email) to send replies to a different folder, where you can avoid looking them until you're mentally prepared.
  • Options
    amaniupendoamaniupendo member
    edited October 2015
    Waiting to see my parents on Tuesday to tell them in person! It's been hard keeping it a secret but the reaction from telling the in laws in person made it worth it.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

cmjenkies said:

I recently set my FB profile settings that require I approve everything anyone posts on my wall. It was because some family friend posted an idiot, slightly racist article on my timeline and it was awhile before I could delete it, but I intend to keep it that way through my pregnancy. I don't want a clueless but well-meaning uncle or family friend blowing my secret.

That's so funny because I did the exact same thing for the same reason about a month ago to prepare! But somebody can still leave a comment on a photo or something and it goes through unchecked so we will see! Great minds think alike! ;)
  • Options
    I've told a handful of friends, family, and colleagues (including my boss) but we haven't made a big announcement nor have I told my whole work team yet. We had the NT scan on Tuesday and a blood test and I'll see the OB next Tuesday - if she says all looks good, then we'll probably announce. I was already fat before I got pregnant and have only gained five pounds so other than my teenage facial skin I don't think anyone can really tell...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Im still keeping it a secret but its really not that hard to hide considering I still havent lost my baby weight from having my daughter in January and I'll be in my second trimester next week...
  • Options
    I have told a few at work (I'm a chemist, so I'm going to need others' help in the lab sometimes) and parents/some friends through text and face time. I am now officially done. I'll let my belly do the talking when I start showing... I personally don't care to have everyone in the world and on Facebook know my business. I certainly don't want to hear theirs.
  • Options
    @kaitlyn592 it's kind of old school but maybe send snail mail announcements to them? That way you're mailing them all at once but it's personal still?
    First BFP 12/2012, MMC at 9 weeks
    Second BFP 6/2013, resulted in DS, born 2/23/14 :-)
    Third BFP 5/2015, natural MC at 6 weeks
    Fourth BFP 8/2015, hoping for sticky little brother or sister to H!

Proud SAHM to our little monkey H. 
    Pro Vax, extended breasftfeeder, ring sling and stroller loving mama. I don't judge you unless you don't vaccinate!
  • Options
    @kaitlyn592 you don't have to tell them who knows already. To them they can be first! Like when day cares don't mention the true first steps so when mom sees its the babies first steps.
  • Options
    We are 11 weeks and its still a secret to our parents and family. A few very close friends know. I ordered our annoucements last week. I'm going to mail then out when I get them.