@jaysensmom: 4/29/16 1 bean

May

@kidshrink 5/3/16 1 bean

@happymonkeys 1 bean first week of May

@MelenaZ twins 5/6/16

@kistra 1 bean - 5/18/16

@adorkablepixie: EDD: 5/23/16 1 bean?

@NB817 5/25/16, Congrats & Welcome

Please update us on any new tests or u/s you may have had done and answer the QOTW to get to know each other! 

QOTW:  I am pretty excited to start looking around for baby items everything from setting up the nursery to creating our registry but I am nervous.  Has anyone ventured into a store yet or have an idea of what they want, ideas for a nursery, etc.?  Also I am running out of QOTW, please feel free to offer up some suggestions. Thanks

Me - 32 
Husband - 32
TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ***1st Tri Checkin - 9/28 - New leader needed soon

• Options
    Hello Everyone,

I have my NT scan tomorrow :) I am excited and nervous I hope everything is okay.  I also took my last PIO shot on Sunday I do have to go back into my RE tomorrow also for them to check my levels, but that should be my last time going to them for a checkup. 

QOTW:  I am so nervous to actually venture out to the store yet, My DH and I agreed that hopefully all goes well tomorrow and then we will start looking around this weekend.  We also want to make sure we are budgeting properly, my sisters told me my budget is too small so I figure if we actually start to look we might have a better idea on how much we realistically will spend.  I have looked online for nursery themes, car seats, strollers, etc. to have an idea on whats out there and the best products but I feel so clueless.  This is my first so I dont know what I am doing, or what I need.  

Have a good week ladies :)
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hi everyone!

Nothing new here at the moment. I have my first ultrasound on Friday and I am so excited for it! I'll find out if there is one bean or two and hopefully see a heartbeat!

QOTW - I looked briefly at a couple cribs and strollers/carseat combos online today but that's it. I do know that I want a convertible crib though, because it will end up saving us money in the long run. Other than that, I haven't done a whole lot. I'm like you @MKLEWIS2010 this is my first so I have no idea what I am doing and I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all!

As far as suggestions for QOTW here are some: Favorite movie? Favorite vacation spot and what you like to do there? Favorite things to do on the weekend? What do you do for a living? Favorite holiday and why?

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awesome I cant wait for the update on Friday! 

I know and my mom said to me what do I prefer money or let her know what I need I said I have no clue what I need lol.  

Thanks for the suggestions Ill use one of those next week :)
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hello everyone! Only new thing on my end are results from prenatal bloodwork I did on Friday. Hcg is so high, which is reassuring, ferritin is a little high (which means the prenatal vitamins I'm taking work I guess, but might be a little much), and my progesterone is super high (283 I think). So it seems like I'm responding extremely well to the Prometrium as well. As any one of you gotten their progesterone tested around this time (I'm 9 weeks tomorrow)? How did it look? I'm just worried that my body will go into shock when I stop taking progesterone at the end of week 11 (my RE gets me to stop all of a sudden, no weaning) as I'll go from a level typical of someone well in their 3rd trimester to whatever my body decides to be at. Would that increase risk for a late miscarriage? I emailed my nurse, and all she answered was that I was on the typical dose they give their patients and it was meant to be stopped end of week 11. Not super helpful, and I know my GP will likely question this when I see him again on Friday.

On a side note, take it seriously when you're told not to exercise/lift heavy things 24 hrs after a blood draw. I was rushing on Friday and went straight from the lab to the gym...which means I now have a massive bruise inside my arm. Wearing long sleeves this week won't be an option!

QOTW: we got a few things already...I'm just inpatient. DH saw a onesie that said 'I only cry when ugly people hold me' soon after we found out and asked me if he could buy it. We then got a onesie embroidered that says 'I was so worth the wait' which we're planning on using for our official announcement (people are aware of our infertility journey). And this weekend I happened to make a trip back home and my sister was telling me about the rocking chair she got which is amazing and then happened to be on sale. So we couldn't resist and got that. We have a pretty good idea of what crib and stroller we want already and are hoping to get them during the Holidays as there will likely be some sales...we're keeping our eyes open! My DH calls me overly proactive... ;)
  • Options
    Hello. No changes so far this week. I have my 9wk ultrasound this Thursday. I'm continuously excited yet nervous when ultrasounds come.
    I am still always nervous. It's so hard to believe I'm pregnant, with 2, and already over 8 weeks. We just started telling our family about our pregnancy and I'm just praying that Everything continues on the right track. We haven't started buying anything for our beans. I figure we will wait until after 1st trimester to start shopping.
  • Options

@MKLEWIS2010 You're welcome. :)

@KidShrink My RE instructed me to stop taking my prometrium at week 8. I agree with you, I am a little worried as to what will happen when I stop taking it. People do it all the time, though, and have been fine. Right? I worry about that as well. Ugh. When my best friend got pregnant with her first I got her a onsie that said, "I only cry when ugly people hold me"!! lol I got us a onsie that says, "worth the wait" too! I found it on Zulily and had to order it.

@MelenaZ We haven't bought anything yet either, other than three onsies. I just don't feel comfortable buying stuff until I am out of the first trimester.

• Options

Hi ladies! I just had my 3rd beta done this morning so today I will play the waiting game for a call from RE with the results.

QOTW: I just started looking online for cribs since we turned DD's into a full size bed. I know DH will want to switch all her furniture out to give it the baby but I'm going to fight that. Also we were team green with her but I think this time I'd like to know but he says he doesn't so that will depend on what color crib I would get.

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• Options
    @kidshrink my RE weaned me off, however she did tell me that the placenta takes over at 12 weeks and the meds were to build up the placenta so it could take over.  Every office is different you should also ask the doctor their thoughts on it.  I believe you should ask as many questions as it takes to feel comfortable.  I do agree with @adorkablepixie that it worked for others so it should be okay.  GL By the way there is nothing wrong with being proactive!

@melenaz I am excited for your u/s on thursday I cant wait to hear the results!  I know I have been so nervous to buy anything.

@NB817 let us know your results when they come in! GL with the crib and deciding whether you will find out or not.

By the way I had my NT scan this morning and everything looks great, I cant believe how big my not so little bean is anymore it was so amazing to see I cried the whole time.  The last u/s we did was at 7w5d and today we are 12w5d. He/She was just jumping around and smacking their face it was so beautiful i am tearing up just thinking about it. 
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MKLEWIS2010 : that's so exciting!!! I wish I could just get an US every week to see how things are progressing. I can definitely imagine myself crying the whole time too! Glad everything is going well with your not so little bean! Did they take a guess regarding sex or not at all?
  • Options
    Hi all! Hope everyone's week is off to a good start! Not too much to update today... I had my first regular OB appt on Friday (@12wks,1day), which went pretty well. I like my new doctor and was glad she spent a lot of time with me answering all my questions. Although, I found out that I'll most likely have to have a c-section delivery.
  • Options
    Well, apparently I wrote too much or something because it cut off half of my post. Anyway... I was a little disappointed in my first 'over-the-tummy' ultrasound because the detail was so poor compared to my internal u/s with my RE.

QOTW: This is our first pregnancy, so sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed with everything we need to do/purchase. We haven't bought anything yet and likely won't until we know the sexes, since we're having twins. I know we'll have to buy double of quite a bit, so I'm researching online for things like car seats, cribs, double strollers, etc. That way when it comes time to buy, I'll know what I'm looking for and can focus on finding the best deal.

Best wishes for all the ultrasounds and tests going on this week for all of you! Especially your NT @MKLEWIS2010
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Looks like there's a bunch of great updates. So glad everyone is doing well! Not a whole lot to update here. Been having headaches which sucks, but hopefully when I go to the OB Thursday doc can tell me what I can do for some relief. I'm not sure what to expect for that appointment. I will be 10 weeks then, so I guess some scans, blood work. I guess I will see. 

QOTW: I haven't really bought anything yet. I have searched the internet and have created a private Pintrest board for some of my ideas. I also created an Amazon wishlist with a few things on it. We did buy new living room furniture. The furniture we had before was a huge sectional with a huge coffee table and we had zero floor space. So the new pieces really open the room up. I honestly can't wait to shop! I love shopping for babies...everything is so cute! We still have a few room switch-a-roos to complete before we get any furniture. 
    Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi all! This I my first time posting in this forum! Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I am 7wk2days pregnant with baby #1 after a MC last year. Singleton, conceived with ivf. Due May 15. 15 months TTC, 6 months monitored natural cycles, 3 failed IUIs, our first round of ivf I finally got my BFP :-) So great to have a forum with women who have been through/are going through the same thing!
  • Options
    Update Beta #3 is 8,390! :)

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• Options
    @kidshrink no they didnt take a guess regarding the sex.  We are still on the fence if we want to know or not.  

@melliemamma I wish you had a better u/s mine was pretty clear but the pictures didnt come out as clear as what we saw on the screen.  I am with you on the budgeting for everything we look online too so we have some kind of idea but I am thinking it might be different when we go into the store.  Thanks everything went well :) 

@krbjoy I cant wait to hear how your appt goes on Thursday! I have a private pinterest board as well :) We also have to clear out our office since this will become the nursery.  We might start cleaning it out this weekend since we had great results from our testing :) And I cant wait to shop either I love shopping for babies, I do get carried away with my nieces and nephews so I can only imagine how I will be with my little one.

@tripledaggerwed95976 Congrats and Welcome!!! I will add you to the weekly checkin.  

Congrats @NB817 great numbers :)

By the way ladies my sister told me about this book Baby Bargains, she said it helps you with budgeting and gives you tips on saving money where you can.  I just bought it on amazon but I have not read it yet.  

Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MKLEWIS2010 : oh you're so good if you're able to stay team green! That'd be extremely hard for me to do (where's the control in not knowing, and how can I plan appropriately?!). When people have asked us whether we were planning on finding out the sex of baby, I respond that we went through two years of uncertainty as if we would ever have a baby, so I've had my share of surprises for a little while ;) Let us know how you like that book! Looked it up and it had great reviews, but not sure if it's an 'American' book that wouldn't really apply for us in Canada.

@krbjoy : I hope it all goes well!
  • Options
    Finally off of all medications, yay!!

Almost out of the first trimester, next appointment and u/s October 15.

QOTW: Waiting until viability to purchase anything major.
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

@MKLEWIS2010 Aww. I keep wondering if I am going to cry when I have my u/s tomorrow. lol I hope not, but I am sure it happens all of the time, especially with people who have gone through infertility so they are probably very used to it. haha

@NB817 Those are great numbers!

• Options
    Ah crap @adorkablepixie I was hoping yours would be as high as mine!!! LOL. ;) GL on your u/s tomorrow! Also I told my DH 'You know I'm going to cry right? And I'm also going to ask RE if I can hug him regardless of the fact that my legs will be spread open and naked!" LOL.

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• Options

@NB817 haha How many DPO/DPIUI did you have your third beta? Mine was 21 DPIUI/DPO. I'm wondering what it is now, but I don't think I will be finding out.

• Options
    @kidshrink I prefer to wait, but my DH really wants to know and so does most of our family.  His side of the family are all boys and my side are all girls...so we will break the mold on one side of the family at least. I think we have agreed to find out we were just talking about it last night. I just thought it would be cool to find out the day of. But it will be a surprise either way.  Regarding the book when I start reading it if I find out its just American I will let you know.

@efhoping2010 YAY me too it feels so good :) Both to be almost out of the first trimester and to be off the medications.

Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@NB817 haha How many DPO/DPIUI did you have your third beta? Mine was 21 DPIUI/DPO. I'm wondering what it is now, but I don't think I will be finding out.

It was 24 DP IUI

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• Options
    So OB appointment went well. I like my new doctor. He made me feel better about a lot of things. Even about being AMA lol. He made me feel at ease. He put in the orders for the NTS & NIPTs and my DH and I have decided to go ahead and do those. No u/s today, but we did get to hear baby's heartbeat. That made me feel a lot better!! I told him about the migraines and he prescribed me something so I hope that helps. I go back @14weeks.

Welcome @tripledaggerWed95976

@NB817 awesome number!

@MKLEWIS2010 I go overboard for pretty much every baby shower I've ever been too lol. I have a standard of things I always buy and just love baby clothes. I plan to check out that book.

@KidShrink I'm with you! I've waited too long and really want to know the sex. We both do. We have conflicting opinions on what we think baby is. I say boy he says girl. We shall see. I'll be happy either way!!

@melliemamma Congrats on graduating to OB! To me it was a great feeling. Although I went through IVF, he makes me feel like just a "normal" pregnant lady. It kind of takes some of the anxiety that I've been carrying around away. Maybe it's just me.

@efhoping2010 Awesome that you're off meds. Tonight I take my final dose of progesterone. I was nervous about stopping cold turkey, but doc put my mind at ease about it. It will be nice to not have those suppositories any more!

July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hello all. Had my 9wk u/s today. Everything was great. Babies measured right on, had strong heartbeats 165 & 174, and they were both moving. It was so cute. I definitely got teary eyed. We want to find out the sex as soon as we can but my sister will come with us to that ultrasound and she will throw us a gender revealing bbq. DH was kinda weiry about that because he didn't want to be in suspense for too long if someone else knew and he didn't. I understand him but I have control issues and I don't think I have ever been surprised. So I thought this would be fun. My sister promised the party would be within days of us finding out.
    I hope everyone is doing good with their pregnancies. I still have my icky symptoms but it is so worth it.
  • Options
    @MelenaZ That's great! So glad your beans are doing well! I think your idea is a pretty cool one. I wish I was patient enough to do something awesome like that!

2nd Beta 9/1......3707

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We had our first OB appointment last week. Babies are doing great, but since there are two in there and I have a family history of gestational diabetes im high risk so the doctor is going to have me seeing a specialist and put me on a no carb diet (no pizza, pasta, or chips? I'm going to dieeee!) But no carbs for 6 months is something I'll gladly do for these little nuggets growing inside me, I waited so long to get to have them!

My next OB appointment is Oct 23rd and we'll hopefully find out the sexes then and it's just 3 days before my 30th birthday, WHAT A GIFT!

I just started getting migraines when I hit the 11 week mark, any advice for me? It's killing me with work.

QOTW: I haven't bought anything yet, it's all too new and I'm too scared. But I have started adding some things to our registries online. Since we need so much with these being our first I figured it'd be best to start early. Pinterest has some great advice from other moms of multiples on what the best products are and what we do and don't need 2 of.

Hope things are going great for everyone else!
  • Options

@krbjoy I'm glad your appointment went well and you like your doctor! That's always a good thing. :) Hearing the heartbeat was awesome I bet, I can't wait to hear my little bean's heartbeat for the first time! :D I did get to see it today though, and that was pretty cool!

@MelenaZ That's great. Healthy little heartbeats! The reveal BBQ sounds like fun. I really want to do something like that when we find out the sex of ours.

@beckihall Aww, yay! Hopefully you don't have problems with diabetes. October 23.. that's not too far away! How exciting. :) My DH is already asking me when we find out the sex and I'm only 6w4d. lol

I had my 6.5 week u/s this morning! I got to see my little bean and see the heartbeat. It was 118. There is just one bean. I was a little bummed to only see one, but one is good. I am very thankful! I almost cried. I am so excited! I go back on 10/12 for the 8 week ultrasound. It feels more real now.

• Options
    @beckihall Oh, I know migraines!! I just told my OB yesterday about them and he prescribed me Fioricet which is acetaminophen, caffeine and butalbital. The butalbital relaxes muscle contractions involved in tension headaches and the caffeine relaxes muscle contractions in blood vessels to improve blood flow.  I honestly do not want to take much of anything while pregnant. I even quit coffee when I found out I was pregnant, but today when I woke up with another migraine, I just had a 8oz cup of coffee and am right as rain now. I will reserve the Fioricet to real dire situations as I have been getting horrible migraines lasting up to 4 days at a time. For mild ones, I'd try cold compresses, neck massages or just extra strength Tylenol. Good luck hun!

2nd Beta 9/1......3707

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @krbjoy thank you!
  • Options
    You ladies are SO lucky to get so many early ultrasounds! I just came back from my appointment with my GP, and I get my next ultrasound (at a little past 12 weeks) on Oct 26. I was really hoping for the week before as we are visiting our family (6hrs away) the weekend of the 24). Then we'll be finding out the sex on Dec 11.

Ontario has weird regulations regarding ultrasounds and who can be present in the room. DH will get to come in at the end of each, once they're done all the measurements. I specifically asked informing them we had gone through fertility treatments, so this was a bit more emotional for us (and we're from a place which, like the rest of the world, lets dads be in the room). The receptionist then told me that she was also going through fertility treatments and completely understood and there'd be no problem! What a small infertility world!

On the bright side, Ontario doesn't always blow. It was announced yesterday that infertile couples would be allowed one paid round of IVF (on the government) with all associated ET. We didn't end up having to go that route, but it's certainly a relief in case we ever need to.
  • Options
    This is so great to hear all these updates, I am so happy everyone's testing is coming along well.  

@melenaz that is a great idea.  We have talked about doing a gender reveal and since my sister is a baker she would bake the cake, I am just not sure what to do but my whole family, dh's family and hubby wants to know so I might just cave lol

@beckihall GL Hopefully you dont get gestational diabetes and I'm glad the babies are doing well!

@kidshrink that is awesome about Canada offering to pay for 1 round of IVF treatment.  GL with your u/s on the 26th!

Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MKLEWIS2010 : oh, it's not all of Canada. Quebec (where we're from) started a paid program a few years ago, and the current government is looking at ending it (as they realized a lot of people are infertile and the program is costing more than they had projected). Health is administered by each province individually here, so it won't be free for everyone, but it really helps. Ontario was already covering part of the cost only for woman with both tubes blocked.
  • Options
    Oh I didn't know that @KidShrink fertility treatments are so expensive it's great when there is assistance to help with the costs.
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KidShrink that is awesome. I feel like the U.S. Needs to do that! Your US will be here before you know it. Ahh Dec 11 that seems so far away! My DH is already asking me when we will find out the sex, it's cute. :) He wants a little boy so bad. I'd be happy with either one, as long as if the first one is a boy the second one we have is a girl! lol

• Options
    @KidShrink I just read your comment to MKlEWIS that's interesting. Definitely not how it works here in the USA. We just get screwed on anything medical here. Insurance is a joke, it's so expensive.

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie yeah things are quite different here...we pay more taxes, but we have universal health care (with certain limits...there can be ridiculous wait lists for some services like mine, so I manage to have a waitlist privately), cheaper universities, not amazing but definitely better mat leaves. Very different priorities and ways of managing a country (we're a lot more like Europe in that way). DH lived in the US for 5 years because his dad moved to Florida when he was a teenager. He loved his high school experience, but we both agree that we wouldn't leave Canada to live in the States now.
  • Options
    I'm new to this board and was wondering if I could get some advice. Finally graduated from specialist to regular OB/GYN. Specialist had me on medication from 6 week to 10 weeks due to low progrsterone. After my last blood test on Friday I finally got approval to get off. So nervous!!! They said I'll be ok and that even IVF patients get off at 10 weeks. Anyone have advice on how they dealt with this. And info would help.
  • Options
    Welcome @NessaR003 ! Seems like it depends on the doctor. I did IUI, not IVF, but my RE has everyone on Prometrium til the end of week 11. But as of week 10, your placenta should be producing it on its own. It may have been high enough that even if it went down a little they wouldn't mind? I expected that from my doctor as my blood test showed my progesterone to be at the level of someone in their 3rd trimester, but he said to stick with it because there's no such thing as too much progesterone.
  • Options
    @KidShrink thank you for your message. My progesteron was at a high level so they were not worried. I think I'm just anxious about getting off a medication that helped us retain this pregnancy.
  • Options
    @NessaR003 hi and welcome! I had IVF and was on Progesterone since transfer. I too was told to go off at 10 weeks. I never once had my progesterone tested whilst on the supplement. I was very paranoid to just go straight off. Also thought it was early compared to what I've heard of others going to 12 weeks. I just switched to OB and brought this up to him. He told me not to worry at all. That progesterone is taken until the placenta takes over, which he says is 10 weeks. I worried that having such a high dose and then stopping and my level dropping would cause issues. He said it was not a problem. Long story short, I've been off since Friday and so far everything is fine.

2nd Beta 9/1......3707

Pregnancy Ticker