March 2015 Moms
Options

Teething

My daughter will be six months tomorrow. Today she had a tooth finally break through. For the past few days she has been very whiny and very clingy. It use to be very easy to get her to sleep. Now she fights sleep so hard she even fights taking a bottle when she's hungry. I understand it's normal since she's teething but I was just wondering if anybody has found any remedies or have any suggestions that can help make this a little bit easier on her and me. We haven't had much sleep at all and me and my husband both work and we have a sick dog to take care of so we don't really get much rest when she is asleep. Any advice is appreciated

Re: Teething

• Options
    Tylenol.
  • Options
    My little man went through the same thing. He's 6 months and just recently cut his two bottom teeth. I did some research and found orajel naturals that doesn't use the chemicals that cause problems for infants. They have a night time one and it worked pretty well during bed time. The day time one didn't really last very long but it helped. I also gave him tylonal when it got unbearable for him. But I tried to avoid doing that often. If you aren't opposed to the teething gel I would try the orajel naturals night time one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thumper90 I didn't know they made a nighttime gel. I've been using orajel and she's been using the teether with the massaging bumps
  • Options
    The naturals one has a nighttime one. I found a pack at Walmart that had both daytime and nighttime in it. The night time one has something in it that makes my little guy calm down. He hated the cold teething toys so I got him a fully plastic one and he chewed on it non stop till they broke through. I have a bouncer seat that he's getting too big for but I would strap him in that when he would fight sleep and just bounce him for a while. Most of the time it would take 30 to 45 minutes to get him asleep then I'd put him down in the crib. I haven't come close to mastering the let them fall asleep on their own. And during the teething of these first two I was not about to try
  • Options
    Mine use to go to sleep when I laid her down. As she started getting older that went out the window fast. Now that she's teething I dread bedtime every night. She puts up a huge fight because she's teething so much and wears herself out from that and becomes so exhausted that she fights going to sleep
  • Options
    Hylands teething tablets! I have used orajel also but those are also awesome! They help numb the gums a little longer & also have night time ones to help baby sleep!
  • Options
    I use Tylenol before bed. Especially since my LO would run a fever sometimes. I am hesitant to use any Orajel products only because of the dosing; it is hard to know if you are giving too much.
  • Options
    I swear by the Hyland teething tablets as well. And give him a bit of Tylenol before bed if he's seemed fussier thar day so he can sleep a little better.