Infertility
Options

Need feedback: FET of 5 day blastocysts

Hi, I am back in game after the failed fresh cycle. I do have two 5-day blastocysts which has good to fair grade. I started back to back cycle because I feel my body is ready and since I won't have to do Stim meds, the cycle will go easier. And my doctor is ok doing back to back cycle. I started estrace 2 mg oral tablet twice a day from yesterday 9/1/2015 (CD 3). My uterus lining was 3.5 mm yesterday.

How long do people normally take estrogen before transfer and when do you normally do the transfer?

I am asking this because I am scheduled for lining check on 11th (CD13) and the tentative transfer date is 24th September (CD 26) But to me that sounds as if the calendar is off by whole 1 week. I don't have any issues identified as of yet with endometrium lining or uterus. So my lining should be thick enough (esp. with the added estrogen). So let's suppose my cycle is 28 day cycle (which usually is), ovulation normally occurs CD 14 and I have 5 day blasts so by cd 20-21 the blasts should be in the uterus. That would be around September 18th -19th. Isn't that so? What am I missing?
Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Need feedback: FET of 5 day blastocysts

• Options
    ***BFP Mentioned*** Hi I just wanted to say sorry for your failed fresh I know how disappointing it is.  With respects to the frozen cycle my schedule was pretty much the same as yours, I did the transfer a few days later than I thought it should be also and I did get a BFP.  But you should ask your doctor to make sure you are on the same page.  I thought about asking but every time I went in for a checkup or procedure my brain went blank and I couldn't remember anything.  I would have called but I always said I would ask next time lol. Good Luck!
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MKLEWIS2010 Thanks for the info and congratulations once again on ur BFP. So you did transfer a littler later than usual?? How long were u on estrogen before the progesterone started? I am assuming progesterone will start 5-6 days before the transfer. Also do u have to get HCG shot for frozen cycle too? I thought I read that somewhere but my calendar doesn't mention the shot so was curious. Also, did u transfer 2 5-day blast or one? I am thinking transferring 2 and my doc doesn't really want me to carry multiples but at the same time has agreed to my reasons for transferring 2. At this point I am having hard time convincing my hubby as he is adamant and says he'd rather keep on paying for 1 transfer each versus me carrying multiples. I am confused!! Thanks for reading my venting :):)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks :) I dont remember exactly how long it was but it was definitely about a week of just estrace and then I added the progesterone.  I did not have to do HCG shot, this is usually to help you ovulate, which you technically dont want to do although its not a big deal if you do.  Some people will ovulate during a frozen cycle so maybe that is why they take the HCG so they can make sure they ovulate before the transfer is done. I did one 5 day blast, my doctor was pretty against doing two, and I was okay with that.  I kind of felt the opposite from others that if one doesnt stick maybe the second one will.  I felt well what if both dont stick then Ill have only one embryo left.  But that is just me.  How many embryos do you have? I hope this one works for you! :) 
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there!
    I also had a failed fresh transfer in July and just did my FET yesterday (each transfers were 1 Grade A/5 day blasts). I don't know if this will help but my schedule for the FET was as follows:
    08/14-AF arrived and started estradiol pills
    08/16-Baseline u/s
    08/29-2nd u/s and progesterone injections started that day with first shot at 1/2ml than 1ml going forward
    09/04-One frozen embie transferred
    09/14-BETA testing which I pray is BFP!

GL and here's to a healthy and happy journey!!
  • Options
    @Binnie505 my fresh cycle failed as well and we also did back to back cycles my transfer was today. I thought they were a little off as well but my re explained that since it's an artificial cycle the Meds maintain your bodies cycle or control it. So I think it's normal to be slightly off what would be normal. How many embryos did you transfer? Oh and as far as the Meds my are almost identical to yours. Did I read that your beta was the 14th? Mine is as well so I will keep my FX for you please keep me updated as I would love to have a buddy to go through this with....sorry if that sounds weird...lol
  • Options
    @MKLEWIS2010 thanks for the info. I have 2 frozen 5 day blast. My first lining check is on 9/11 and then they will decide when to start the PIO shots. At this point we are thinking we'll transfer both :)
    @PrayingMom2Be yes your calendar helps :) Fingers crossed for you. I hope you get your BFP. My tentative transfer is on 9/24 but I'll know more after the ultrasound on 9/11 :)

@gkamerman78 my transfer is in 9/24. It's @PrayingMom2Be who has the beta on 9/14 :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you. I am thinking of transferring both the embryos and take my chances since my 5 day blasts are of fair grades. How many did you transfer? All the best :)
  • Options

How has everyone felt about the PIO injections?  I previously posted that I'm mid natural FET cycle that may be converted to medicated, but I'm so nervous about the PIO shots as I've heard so many not so great things about living with that injection.

Fingers crossed for BFPs for everyone transferring this month! 

• Options
    MKLEWIS2010MKLEWIS2010 member
    edited September 2015
    Thats great @binnie505 GL I hope you get your BFP!!!!

@NicWalker10 the shots are not great, but they arent too bad.  Just make sure your doctor shows you the right spot.  Its more around your hip area right above your butt.  When the shots were lower they hurt more, and it would be painful to sit.  Right now im still a little sore, but its all for a good cause.  GL
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!   I sit on my butt all day at work so I was nervous about that too! Have you had any major side effects?  Congrats on your BFP!!   So exciting!
  • Options
    @NicWalker10 I have experienced that if I walk around for 15-30 minutes after the PIO shots, I am not sore the next day and alternating between two sides also helps. Good luck.
  • Options
    @Binnie505 I did transfer 2 embryos this time as well and have 2 more left I am keeping my FX to not have to use the last 2 embryos as I would rather be pregnant.....lol wouldn't we all.
    @NicWalker10 I will be honest I thought the PIO injections were going to be much worse then they are. The first one my DH was trying to give me and since he never touched a needle I freaked and told him we were going to my mom's as she is a nurse. After that night I think I iced first for the first 2 nights and now I don't at all. Really I have very minor bruising from the way the injections ate given and a lumpy butt....lol it takes days for that oil to absorb into the muscle. Best of luck .
  • Options
    @NicWalker10 the only other side effect were vivid dreams. But nothing other than that. I do agree with pp that you should alternate sides that helps.
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    thank you for the advice everyone!  I was trying to avoid these shots if possible, but it doesnt seem like that's going to happen.  Just found out yesterday we are converting to the medicated cycle.  It gives me great relief that you all have managed it and are handling it ok--lumpy butt and all! lol   Disappointed because it pushes an ET back another month.  Trying to stay positive that it will all work out for the best, but there've been a lot of unexpected downs in our IVF experience so far so it's been tough.  
  • Options
    I never got any lumpy butt so now I am thinking are we always suppose to get it or if it depends on the individual. And what if we are doing it the wrong way since I did not get lumps!!!
    Also my RE recommended putting the PIO vial in hot water (not boiling, just hot water that u get from tap) for 3-5 minutes. Doing that kind of thins out the oil. So it is much easier to draw and also to inject. And then walk 20-30 minutes. That way I am not sore and no lumpy butt ;)
    @NicWalker10 hang in there. I am sure there will be a rainbow at the end :)
  • Options
    @Binnie505 I wouldn't worry about not getting a lumpy butt...lol my re has me doing my injections at night and i don't bother to ice or use heat afterwards the oil takes awhile to absorb and frankly I have better things to do then stand around with ice and heat on my butt. So I would guess that's why I'm lumpy and no one else is. I didn't think they hurt so I just didn't bother. GL and don't worry I'm sure if anyone's got it wrong it's me.
  • Options
    @NicWalker10 I just wanted to chime in, I was horrified to start the PIO injections and have major regret that I didn't start them sooner :( but that's in the past, my only suggestions are make sure you ICE 5 minutes or so, it makes a whole world of difference, you won't feel a thing, promise!! Make sure they mark your flanks it's a huge help and a huge help for who's giving them to you, DO NOT stick your needle and oil in a glass of water it's a haven for bacteria especially with all the crap in tap water it's not worth it and honestly it's not that bad PROMISE and last HEAT PAD once your done.... If you have 10 minutes to spare just heat that area up it will leave you feeling so much better make sure you open palm massage the area once done injecting and do it in the morning same time everyday alternate sides and since doing it in the morning you have all day to move around, never do it before bed because you want to give your self time to move all that oil around..... Hope my tips helped GOOD LUCK TO YOU WITH YOUR TRANSFER!! :) XoXo
  • Options

Thanks so much for your advice and words of encouragement @kmartinez209!  I am still waiting for my period so I haven't gotten to estrogen or PIO yet.  After getting all the good advice from you all I was mentally prepared to go!  now i'm at a standstill just waiting for Day!.   This is such a frustrating process.    Thanks again! 

• Options
    PIO shots aren't bad. I know people have told me in the past to ice the spot to numb it a little which worked the first go around but unfortunately now on my third go around doing them we just do it (well dh does) and get it over with and massage like a crazy person when done. Estrace I started the first week until now and included progesterone supp. about the 3rd week in until beta. FET was yesterday transferred 2 - 10 cell grade 1 embies Fx...good luck to you!!
    TC Since 2006
    Me: 33
    Dx: Hydrosalpinx
    DH: 34
    Dx: Perfect
    IUI #1-4 = BFN
    BCP Started 2/23/2014, Tubal ligation surgery 3/5/2014
    1 Polyp removed, Tubes are bye bye.
    IVF #1 - Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Lupron, ER 4/14, Freeze All, OHSS
    31R, 28M, 21 fertilized! 
    FET#1 - 06/26/14 transferred 5 day blasts 2- 1 4AA and 1 3BB lining at 12 (PIO shots, Progesterone and Estradiol)
    Beta 7/10/14 14dp5dt = BFFN
    FET#2- 9/25 Transfer day 3, 2- 10 cell Lining at 12
    10/2/15 - Progesterone Check 30
    10/9/15 - 14dp3dt BFN
    4/27/16 - Mock transfer protocol- Vit C, Vit D, DHEA, Prenatal, Lovenox, Estradiol, PIO
    FET #3 - 5/18/16 - 

• Options
    I tarnsferred two frozens which were graded "fair" on 9/24. Now I pray both or atleast one of them sticks. FX and GL to all. Hope this is our month :)
  • Options

Binnie505.   I'm still waiting for the green light to start my cycle.  Fingers crossed we can start soon!   I hope you are successful.

dreambig1021  Hoping for a positive for you!

• Options
    Congratulations!! FX for a nice solid beta! <:-P
  • Options
    Congrats @Binnie505 - thats great news. I hope all goes well at Beta tomorrow! Best of luck to you!
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    Congrats @Binnie505!!!  Great news and keeping the fingers crossed for you that all goes smoothly!  Good luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    @Binnie505 aaawww YAY!!!!! I had my FET on 9/29 so I am a week behind you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • Options
    My beta was at 175. I go back on Monday to check if it doubles as expected. They said there's strong possibility of twins so I am to increase my folic acid intake. I am scared!
    @mclorn All the best to you. I have my fingers crossed for u :)
  • Options
    That's so exciting @Binnie505 ! Great news! Keep us updated. :) enjoy this time with your new little bean(s)!
  • Options
    @Binnie505 thinking of you!! Fx!
  • Options
    Yay @Binnie505 that is wonderful news !!!! I'm so happy for you !

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    Woohoo! That's fantastic @Binnie505 ! Congrats!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. Your word of encouragement has helped tremendously. All the best to you. <3<3
  • Options
    Binnie505  ---SUCH great news!!!  I have been off the board for a few days after yet another bump in the road to a transfer, I was so happy to see your numbers it was just the positive I needed to see today to lift my spirits!   SO happy for you and keep us posted!! 
  • Options
    Thank you @NicWalker10 . I know the journey is hard and we all need little sunshine every once in a while. I hope every thing goes well with u. Do you know if you are transferring soon? Keep us posted. All the best.
  • Options
    @Binnie505 I'm just going to chime in and say first of all congrats. Can't wait to hear if your having twist my guess is you are your numbers so far are identical to mine.....and yes I'm having twins. So happy for ypu keep us updated. Also remember as my nurses said hcg numbers are not always indicative of multiples but it was a fun guessing game till I found out.
  • Options
    @gkamerman78 thank you and congratulations to you too. Yes the guessing is fun. Let's see how it goes. At the end of the day all we want is healthy baby/babies. All the best to u :)
  • Options
    hi ladies- I was wondering how you all felt while on Estrace/Estradiol.  I'm on day 10 of it and feel bloated and crampy.  I was expecting the bloated feeling, but I am wondering if the cramping is normal.  I'm so nervous of something going wrong with this FET cycle!  
  • Options
    @NicWalker10 I definitely have bloating AND cramping with Estrace.  I know, I thought after the fresh cycle it would be better!
  • Options
    @NicWalker10 I had very mild cramping and bloating as well. In fact I still do.