May 2016 Moms
Options

First Appointment Thread

Let's share our first appointment dates and update with information as they arrive!

When's the appointment date?

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment?

What questions will you be asking?

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have?

Re: First Appointment Thread

• Options
    When's the appointment date? Sept 24th!

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Having my DH there with me. I want to include him in this process as much as possible.

What questions will you be asking? I want to ask about diet and nutrition. I eat a pescatarian diet (fish, shellfish, and all seafood is the only animal meat that I consume) so I am hoping to discuss that in detail.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? We do not have any children but my dog is my baby :) We have been considering being one and done, but if the pregnancy goes smoothly, we might consider a second. We are in our thirties, so that is a factor as well.
  • Options
    lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited August 2015

September 14th

Same as you, @Mel90412 , having my DH with me!

About her c-section rate, episiotomies, what food rules to really follow, and if there are specific types of PNVs she recommends (specifically if they should include iron). At least, that's so far.

This will be my first. We want at least two, but then we'll see how we feel after that.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When's the appointment date? Sept 8.

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Hearing my doctor confirm that the baby is there and has a heartbeat! If I m/c again we will be one and done.

What questions will you be asking? Having GD with my first pregnancy I want to know how soon I should do the glucose test.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have : 1 daughter, aka Chicklet, who just turned 3 in July. We would love 2.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

When's the appointment date? Monday Afternoon

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? I guess having the doctor confirm that I'm really pregnant so my mom will believe me... Lol

What questions will you be asking? If there are any midwives in the area. The nearest birthing hospital is an hour drive away from us and this is a concern for me.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? I'd like to have three. This will be our first. We will see how one is and take it from there ;)
  • Options

When's the appointment date? Sept 29th (how the crap am I supposed to wait that looong?! Agh!)

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Getting confirmation since, despite the BFP on the pee stick and pretty significant symptoms, I still can't believe it!

What questions will you be asking? What my risk is of having preeclampsia again and how they plan to keep me alive this time :P

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? We have one amazing little dude who is turning 2 in a few weeks. After all the complications I had with that pregnancy, we weren't planning on a second...if I end up needing a CS again, I will have them tie up my tubes while they are in there and my husband is making an appointment to get snipped at his next check up.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When's the appointment date? First appointment is 9/10

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? I look forward to knowing when I'll get my dating ultrasound. That's the thing I want the most right now. To know there is a little bean and that it is doing well.

What questions will you be asking? I've been through this 2 times now, so there's not much I feel I need to ask.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? I have 2 girls. 5.5 and 4 years. This will be our last.

DD1 Born 11/06/09
    DD2 Born 05/11/11
     #3   EDD 05/02/16 
  • Options
    When's the appointment date? Sept 14

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Seeing the heartbeat <3

I don't have any in mind. This is my third.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have?I have 2 kiddos. This babe will be the last one. DH is going to get snipped.

• Options
    jteix1jteix1 member
    edited August 2015
    My appointment date is September 25th! I feel like that is soooooo far away!
    What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? I just want to hear the heartbeat
    What questions will you be asking? I don't have any right now
    GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? We have two 9 girl and 14boy. This will be our last
  • Options
    ejmo68ejmo68 member
    edited August 2015
    When's the appointment date? sept 9th

Just the confirmation part. Knowing that there really is a baby in there.

Probably just when can we schedule our first ultrasound. Since this is my second I just can't wait to see the little peanut on screen.

We have one DD this will be our last. I would like another but DH just wants two.

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options
    My appt is 9/28.

Looking forward to the confirmation, u/s and my husband being there, and finding out our exact due date. (Coming off the iud removal and never had a period).

As far as questions, I'm going to ask about the testing they do. Seems like a lot has changed in 8 years. Also, I'm going to have another C section, so I'll ask about that.

I have one DD who is almost 8. This will be our last. Two is good for us.
  • Options
    When's the appointment date? Don't really have a legit appointment yet but I'm getting my blood drawn on Tuesday to check my hcg and progesterone. I'll update when I have a solid appointment.

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? At this point I just want to make it that far. I want to see my baby on the ultrasound and hear the little hb. I want to know everything is going as planned.

What questions will you be asking? Not totally sure yet. I'll probably have plenty of questions but for now just wanting to know baby is in there and growing normally.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? Dh has 2 boys so this will be his 3rd my 1st. I've always wanted 4 but after the year I've had I'll be happy with anything!
  • Options
    When's the appointment date? No appointment date set. Still have to get my referral through Tricare.

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Making sure things are progressing as they should. Seeing my doctor again. I want to give him a big hug, after what we went through a few months ago.

What questions will you be asking? What they plan on doing to make sure what happened with my son won't happen again.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? I have one son, but he passed away when he was 3 days old. We wanted 2 children but now we changed that to 3 (1 angel and 2 living). We also have 2 dogs that are my babies.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Appointment date: Sept 9
    What I'm looking forward to: Confirmation that baby is there and ok!
    Questions: Not sure yet....
    GTKY How many children: This would be our first. We hope for 2 maybe 3.
  • Options

Appointment date - No date yet, going in tomorrow for a 2nd beta draw and then hopefully will make an apt

What I'm looking forward to - Just talking to my Dr.  He's the best. 

Questions - None yet. 

GTKY - This will be our 2nd :)  We're undecided on a 3rd.

image        image

• Options
    Just made the first appointment and it's not until October 1st. Womp womp.

What I'm looking forward to - seeing a heartbeat and knowing my BFP wasn't just a cruel, cruel joke!

Questions - I want to go through the pros and cons of an RCS vs VBAC.

GTKY - this is baby #2 and we'd love to have 3!
  • Options
    When's the appointment date? September 24 can't come soon enough :)

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? This is our second baby, so much like the first pregnancy my husband and I are just so eager to hear the heartbeat!

What questions will you be asking? Nothing really in particular...

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? We have one 18 month old beautiful baby boy and this baby will most likely complete our family. <3
  • Options
    MrsPrice519MrsPrice519 member
    edited September 2015

When's the appointment date?- Sept 28th!  That will make me 8 1/2 weeks.

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment?-  I am mostly excited to make sure that baby is healthy!  I will be having an ultrasound and can't wait to see our little baby!

What questions will you be asking?-  I will be asking about having a repeat csection.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have?-  I have one son and this will be baby #2!  We have always talked about having 2, but we will see :)

*EDIT- Scheduled appointment and have date now :)
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• Options
    When's the appointment date? Sept 28th

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? As many PP said, hearing the heartbeat and my mom will be joining hubby and I.

Being my second, not too many as of yet.  But, I'm wondering if my doc will give me the same EDD according to my last LMP.  Last time it was off by almost 2 weeks!

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have?  I have a DD who turned 2 in July.  This will be baby #2!  Undecided about having a third.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Appointment date: September 24th
    What I'm looking forward to: Seeing the ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat. And seeing my OB, she's a trip
    Questions: none that I can think of for now
    GTKY How many children: I have two daughters - one is 4, and the other is 17 months
  • Options
    Appointment date: Sept 12th
    What I'm looking forward to: Seeing the baby with dh and making sure everything is okay, also seeing if there are twins or triplets in there (runs in the family, and my sister had twins last year)!
    Questions: What tests will be done and when, what to do/not do, any health concerns, and so many more! This is my first.
    GTKY How many children: This would be our first. We have always wanted a lot of kids, maybe 3-4, but we'll see how the pregnancy goes and if we end up with multiples :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

When's the appointment date? Sept 29!

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Seeing that heartbeat!

What questions will you be asking? Nothing comes to mind yet.

I have 1 DS. If this baby is a girl, we will be done. If not, we may try one more
    Time for a girl.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    The good news is I finally got my insurance situation figured out, and am 100% covered by my county through Medi-Cal. The bad news is, they don't exactly dole out appointments just for funsies, so I have to wait until 10 weeks, so October 5th!! And that is just a consultation. The second appointment which I also have scheduled is at 12 weeks and I will finally get an ultrasound. 

I think it will absolutely kill me to wait that long, so I found a free pregnancy clinic nearby that is similar to Planned Parenthood that offers all sorts of free family planning services, including ultrasounds. Going to try to see if I can get in there any earlier. Shooting for  8 weeks, which feels like an eternity. 

Edit: Update: Just confirmed my appointment with the free clinic. Getting my first appointment/consultation/ultrasound in 2 weeks!! 9/14. Soooo excited. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    October 2. Scheduling is crazy with my dr's office - plus my university teaching schedule. This was the earliest we could find. We will be ~10/11 weeks at that time. Wish it was a couple weeks earlier.  --- I go today for a confirmation appointment.

I can't wait to hear the heartbeat and to finally know exactly how far along I am! 

I have some questions about anxiety medication, but I think that's it!

We have one DD who is 14 months. DH thinks this will be our last...but I think we will cross that bridge later after life with 2 kiddos has settled in. We will see.

imageimage 

http://media.thedailytouch.com/2013/08/lets-do-this-ucas-gif.gif

• Options

When's the appointment date? October 15th!! So long!

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Hearing the heartbeat!

What questions will you be asking? Depending on how I am feeling maybe about symptoms and when the next apt will be. 

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? We have one DS and two  bonus DS's from my DH's previous marriage. We have a house full of boys! We would love a DD but we are blessed to have a baby and a sibling for our DS

• Options
    When's the appointment date? Sept 22nd!!

What are you looking forward to: meeting my OB and just making sure everything is still ok.

What questions will you be asking? Not sure yet...will think of some by sept 22!

GTKY: this will be our first, and are hoping to have 2, but I probably wouldn't mind 3 :)

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    When's the appointment date? September 18th the day after my birthday!

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Hopefully I can hear the heartbeat and get an ultrasound booked!

What questions will you be asking? I will be asking if there is any specific supplements I should take as I have celiac disease and this is my first time so I am sure there will be more questions I have.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? I have 0 and I am not sure at this point after having 1
  • Options
    **9/10 had blood drawn 8/31

**a good plan going forward to keep me pregnant. Have had two losses between 6-8 weeks.

**do I need blood thinners? I'm MTHFR compound heterozygous.
    **how often should I have blood tests and ultrasounds to make sure I'm still on track with history of losses?

**none yet, had 2 losses. Want 2 kids or three if I lose my mind :)

1: BFP 3/14/14; EDD 12/1/14; MMC with HB, D&C 5/8/14
    2: BFP 1/31/15; EDD 10/09/15; MMC with HB, Cytotec 3/16/15
    6/9/15 Diagnosed MTHFR Compound Heterozygous
    3. BFP 8/27/15; EDD 5/08/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    alyssa0410alyssa0410 member
    edited September 2015
    When's the appointment date? September 17th!

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Hearing baby's heartbeat and getting our first ultrasound picture :)

What questions will you be asking? Since I had a scheduled c-section with my first due to high BP and his shoulder size (not going to fit coming vaginally) I'm going to ask how likely I am to have another c-section. Also, I've been on weight watchers so I'm going to see if I can stay on but just up my points to as if I was a nursing mom.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? I have a son! He's (almost) 17 months! We'd love 3 babies, possibly 4!

Married 05/10/13
    Wyatt Nicholas born 04/10/14
  • Options

When's the appointment date? 9/24

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Hearing a HB

What questions will you be asking? I might look into the midwives at my hospital, so I'll probably ask some questions about that.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? I have one. We'll probably be done after 2.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    When's the appointment date? I went in today for labs...first 'real' appointment is Sept 30th. 

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Confirming that everything looks good. 

What questions will you be asking? The nurse answered a lot of my questions today...I've got plenty of time to come up with more though! 

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? This is our first. At least two, maybe more. 
  • Options
    Update to my earlier post... Had my blood draw earlier today and asked the nurse about getting in for an ultrasound before the standard 8 weeks due to my history. She was slightly less than helpful. She said they won't schedule one until my hcg is at least 5k which would be between 6-8 weeks anyways. So basically not a no but more of a non-answer. I just want to make sure baby is ok!
  • Options
    My POAS test is tomorrow at 10 am. Then I schedule the follow up initial ob appt. then they will refer me to a real doc. I'm native so I go through IHS and the clinic i go to up here is a joke and poor excuse for a facility. First baby I got stuck with several large bills and super inconvenienced and sent on wild goose chases constantly. I shouldn't complain but still. Being pregnant is hard enough!!

Just for it to be "real". I'm worried about a false positive or a chemical pregnancy.

What questions will you be asking? Probably none... This isn't my first rodeo ;) although I will probably think of 5 billion questions when I am trying to go to sleep tonight!

I have one son (1 y 1 m) and we want 5!
  • Options
    When's the appointment date? Sept. 15th

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Seeing if I like the guy! 

What questions will you be asking? Will he perform a repeat VBAC? Will he prescribe me something for nausea? 

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have? Have 2, this is #3. I want three, DH wants 4. We're taking it one at a time :)
  • Options
    When is the first apt? Sept 21st I meet with the nurse to get a history and confirm pregnancy. Then an ultrasound on October 10th. :)

What questions will you be asking? I had a LOT of bleeding with my son from 14-20 weeks. So just want to make sure they are really aware of it.
  • Options
    saladflambesaladflambe member
    edited September 2015
    October 1 - when I am at 8 weeks

Nothing, really... meeting the midwives
    Edit to explain: that first appointment will just be a urine test to confirm pregnancy. They won't listen to heartbeat until 12 weeks. And they only do 1 ultrasound - at 20 weeks.

I don't really have any questions right now.

This will be our first; I'd like 2 or 3.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    When's the appointment date? Friday - also my birthday :D

What are you most looking forward to at your appointment? Getting an actual EDD

What questions will you be asking? Not many, I've done this a bunch of times, the OB is familiar with me. I'll probably tell him once I'm "safe" I will transfer to a midwife for delivery.

GTKY: How many children do you have and how many would you like to have?  4. We wanted six but with my history and now my age, this is pretty much it for us.

-O-

EDD -- TBD Friday
    - O - 

EDD -- May something! 
  • Options
    @saladflambe - your picture with "dick pops" made me lol 
    Me: 32 DH: 35
    Married 12/7/07
    DD: Born 1/2/14 
    Baby #2 EDD 5/6/16

• Options
    NeciaD said:
    @saladflambe - your picture with "dick pops" made me lol 
    That's my goal ;)
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    October 1 - when I am at 8 weeks

Nothing, really... meeting the midwives
    Edit to explain: that first appointment will just be a urine test to confirm pregnancy. They won't listen to heartbeat until 12 weeks. And they only do 1 ultrasound - at 20 weeks.

I don't really have any questions right now.

This will be our first; I'd like 2 or 3.
    Hey girl, no transvaginal ultrasound at 8 weeks? I thought that was pretty standard. What's up with that?
  • Options
    Update to my earlier post... Had my blood draw earlier today and asked the nurse about getting in for an ultrasound before the standard 8 weeks due to my history. She was slightly less than helpful. She said they won't schedule one until my hcg is at least 5k which would be between 6-8 weeks anyways. So basically not a no but more of a non-answer. I just want to make sure baby is ok!
    I'm thinking of you! I know you're stressed, but try to take it easy! I hope this is your sticky baby. Let yourself enjoy every minute of it, Mama!