August 2015 Moms
Options

Ridiculous!!

chavemann10chavemann10 member
edited July 2015 in August 2015 Moms
Thats how I look right now. Luckily I'm on bed rest and can use that as an excuse as to why I can't go in public, but my entire left leg and foot is like twice the size of my right. And, I have my "Girls lunch" tomorrow. Which I'm pretty sure is my cousins way of having a family baby shower because my mom asked me if I was registered somewhere. While I appreciate it, I'm not feeling it at all!! I feel ridiculous with this whole 1 swollen leg thing!

Anything making you ladies feel/think it's ridiculous??

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ridiculous!!

• Options
    I'm still working so I'm pulling it together at the moment. As of 7/31 this girl will officially be on leave and living in yoga pants. I'm sure I'll be feeling quite ridiculous :)
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This isn't so bad but might give you a laugh. I don't think I look very big for 38 and a half weeks, but obviously people in public do. A few weeks ago at the beach, as I walked past this man eating, he turned and looked at me and said, "Oh God!" Seriously! I was 33 weeks then and thought I looked cute. Of course I was paranoid after that that everyone was making comments about me. Then yesterday at the doctor's office, these sweet old ladies thought they were being secretive and discreet in their conversation when I heard, "Oh wow! She's got to be due soon!" Maybe I'm bigger than I think lol.
    The waddling does make me look ridiculous though...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The uncontrollable itching and waiting for a call back from my dr. Uughhh
  • Options
    I stopped wearing make up daily about 2 weeks ago. I was just too tired in the morning. So that with the facial swelling makes me look like a toad.
  • Options
    I have the waddle and the swollen varicose veins with a nice case of POISON OAK on top. I can barely reach my legs to put the hydrocortisone cream on. I agree. Ridiculous.
  • Options

I stopped wearing make up daily about 2 weeks ago. I was just too tired in the morning. So that with the facial swelling makes me look like a toad.

I'm sure you don't look like a toad! But I know the feeling of facial swelling!! I probably look like a teenager with the acne and my chubby nose!! Makeup just isn't worth it ...

My husband thinks it's hilarious that I don't look at all pregnant from the back and as soon as I turn around then bam... big old baby bump. Idk if it makes me look ridiculous or not but it's kinda funny! :-)

Since I work from home I wear whatever's comfortable. I'm sure it probably makes me look like trailer trash when I wear shorty shorts and a tank top with my belly hanging out but I really don't care! I promise I dress nice when I go out... even when I go to Wal-Mart!! :))
  • Options

I'm sure you don't look like a toad! But I know the feeling of facial swelling!! I probably look like a teenager with the acne and my chubby nose!! Makeup just isn't worth it ...

My husband thinks it's hilarious that I don't look at all pregnant from the back and as soon as I turn around then bam... big old baby bump. Idk if it makes me look ridiculous or not but it's kinda funny! :-)

Since I work from home I wear whatever's comfortable. I'm sure it probably makes me look like trailer trash when I wear shorty shorts and a tank top with my belly hanging out but I really don't care! I promise I dress nice when I go out... even when I go to Wal-Mart!! :))
    Haha! This!! I've worn the same sun dress atleast 4 of the past 5 days. I change out of it if I go to town, but am right back in it as soon as I get home. Lol! Also, if someone broke into our house at night, they'd probably run the other way because I've taken to sleeping in the nude since 68 degrees is not cool enough for me and everyone else in my house is freezing!!

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm 35 weeks with twins.  I am a walking circus freak ;)

Been there. I bet you look awesome
    :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JNOVA2015JNOVA2015 member
    edited July 2015
    I'm still working, so I'm doing the business clothes, heels, makeup thing. Im sure I do look ridiculous waddling around the office on the days my hips are killing me! I'm officially working from home after 7/31 until LO arrives - I'm sure everything will go to hell in a hand basket when that happens!! I'm working from home today because I have a doctors appt, and I still haven't showered and I definitely ate a cupcake for breakfast.

Edited because typing is hard.
  • Options
    My work pants are so tight they're giving me Braxton hicks! I can't wait to never see them again!

• Options
    Being a physical therapist and working around many fit people, I feel like a complete whale! So many ppl say I don't look 35wks but I certainly feel it! I can't wait to get back to my previous work outs!!

And ridiculousness, is the amount I sweat!! I never knew a human could sweat so much unless they are running a marathon in island weather! Lol
  • Options
    What is ridiculous is the amount of hair growth on my body, but just my pits and on my tummy...wtf? And sweat, seriously I've never sweat so much in my life, even when I was working as a welder dressed in full leathers, welding helmet and the middle of summer outside welding a custom wrought iron railing in full sun....
  • Options
    The pressure..I can't even close my legs. I look like one of those old timey cowboy that's been on the saddle too long:(
  • Options
    Getting dressed makes me out of breath and slightly light headed.
  • Options

I'm 35 weeks with twins.  I am a walking circus freak ;)

The fact that you are walking with twins at 35wks makes you my hero! Just sayin'
    Wow, thank you!! I can't complain too much and I am grateful myself! :). All it takes is a potential terrible diagnosis at 25 weeks to put many things into perspective ;)

• Options

JNOVA2015 said:

I'm still working, so I'm doing the business clothes, heels, makeup thing. Im sure I do look ridiculous waddling around the office on the days my hips are killing me! I'm officially working from home after 7/31 until LO arrives - I'm sure everything will go to hell in a hand basket when that happens!! I'm working from home today because I have a doctors appt, and I still haven't showered and I definitely ate a cupcake for breakfast.

Edited because typing is hard.

Heels still? You champ! I have those up for flats at 2 months! Lol
    Believe me - it's for important meetings only! I wear flats to and from the office and as soon as any big meeting is done, but I've still been managing in heels when I have to hob knob with clients. It makes me feel like slightly less of a manatee :(
  • Options

What is ridiculous is the amount of hair growth on my body, but just my pits and on my tummy...wtf? And sweat, seriously I've never sweat so much in my life, even when I was working as a welder dressed in full leathers, welding helmet and the middle of summer outside welding a custom wrought iron railing in full sun....

That's badass!
  • Options
    37 weeks today and I'm definitely not looking professional - people walk into my office to find heaps of amazon boxes with baby gear spilling out the top, my whiteboard displaying baby stats from the last 8 months and me manspreading on a yoga ball (I've been in nothing but jeans, flip flops and cotton t-shirts since ~ week 12) and giving precisely zero sh!ts about work. 1 more week until maternity leave starts and, to be honest, maybe only 1 more week of me practicing law ever.
  • Options
    The last 2 or 3 weeks I've ballooned and look a hot mess on the daily. The double-edged sword of summertime. I don't have to leave the house unless I NEED to, but that also means I'm sitting on my big hiney all day just packing on the extra weight & unnecessary calories. #-o
  • Options

You all who are still working and having to wear actual clothes are amazing. I couldn't do it, I just couldn't.

This! I can be found most days wearing my husbands t shirts, pj pants and no bra unless I am forced to leave the house for doctors appointments.

• Options
    atthemomentatthemoment member
    edited July 2015
    I wear the same 3 dresses all the time lol
    DS 8/13/15 
    Blessed  <3o:)
  • Options
    I had a crazy craving for root beer tonight and hubby was too tired after work and putting the kids to bed to go back out, so I waddled my big 'ol self into the store in my pajamas to get some. My pajama pants have bleach stains on them and my shirt barely covers my huge bump anymore! Didn't even care.
  • Options
    I haven't done my hair in weeks! I get too hot and putting my work pants on is such a struggle that I end up giving up.

• Options
    @louiseambrose. Aww thanks! I miss it a lot, I worked for my dad, who owned his welding shop, for about 15 years
  • Options
    My stretch marks actually hurt!:(