Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I have the most stubborn baby I've ever met. I love him to death but I'm exhausted. He just fights me with everything. Diaper changes, clothes changes, eating in his highchair, sitting in his exersaucer so I can eat, not climbing on the coffee table or the entertainment center, taking naps, waking up from naps, going to bed at night, waking up, being held because all he wants to do is crawl on the floor and the list goes on. Aaaaahhhh I'm going out of my mind!! Is this normal?? If so, what do you do??

Re: Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

How old is your LO? Sounds pretty normal once they are mobile. They get into everything, get frustrated easily and are never content. It just gets worse when they are toddlers :(

It sucks, I feel ya, but it's just one of the many phases with kids. Just adjust your expectations and that might help with the frustration!

• Options
    Well, I realized too that we weren't getting out enough. So we've been going out more and that helps! He's 7 months old :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BBoyd2013 said:
    I think I have the most stubborn baby I've ever met. I love him to death but I'm exhausted. He just fights me with everything. Diaper changes, clothes changes, eating in his highchair, sitting in his exersaucer so I can eat, not climbing on the coffee table or the entertainment center, taking naps, waking up from naps, going to bed at night, waking up, being held because all he wants to do is crawl on the floor and the list goes on. Aaaaahhhh I'm going out of my mind!! Is this normal?? If so, what do you do??

Yes, for some its normal. My daughter was not "A Tester". She was a blissfully happy baby. High on the drama scale and prone to drama over little things. Meh.

My son...

Oh my son.

As soon as he was mobile it was a run for our money. He still is. During this brief paragraph alone I've had to tell him to stop throwing things on the floor, no don't climb that, why are you taking that apart-- where did you get that? Don't pull the cat's tail. No, don't bother sister. Why are you climbing me? The list goes on.

When we are out its much the same. He's just high energy, very inquisitive and VERY into testing limits. He started this as soon as he could crawl. The kid just lives to give me the smirk and do exactly as I asked him not to.

Bottoms up friend :-bd

X_X :ar!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Maybe try some kind of enclosure since he doesn't like the exersaucer and is climbing all over everything. Other than that my dd fights clothing changes and sleep and I still don't know how to make that better. Sorry
    Me 26 DH 31. Off oral contraception since 1/2012. Actively TTC # 1 since 4/2012. CD3 bloodwork, hsg normal 6/2013. SA performed 7/2013 - low count, low motility. First RE appointment 9/4/2013. Were told SA not good enough for IUI. Repeat SA and additional bloodwork ordered. RE suggests DH see a urologist. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e32d9/thumb.png