May 2015 Moms
Options

Woke up with swollen fingers and weird bumps. (Pictures)

I have the normal swelling going on everyday, but check this out. My fingers are so fattened that I can't bend them all the way and I woke up with hives up my arm and on some of my knuckles. Anyone else ever have this before? As I type this more are coming up. (Nothing different in diet, 38 weeks 1cm dilated)

Re: Woke up with swollen fingers and weird bumps. (Pictures)

• Options
    I'm not sure about the bumps, but swollen fingers can be a sign of pre eclampsia. Swollen legs are normal, hands or face not so much. I'd call and ask.
  • Options
    It looks more like an allergic reaction than something pregnancy related. Still, I would call your doc ASAP.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsS728MrsS728 member
    Swelling is a sign of pre-e. However, the 3 or 4 days before I delivered my daughter were the only days of my pregnancy that I swelled at all. Not sure if there's a coorilation. 
  • Options
    Girl! Hope you've called the doc by now. That would freak me out.
  • Options
    Every morning I wake up with locked up fingers...can't uncurl them for a few minutes. Just a sign of carpal tunnel which is pregnancy related. But the hives aren't common! Check with dr!
  • Options
    Normal if you have high blood pressure. It's also a sign of pre-e, I'd call the doctor !

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Mari621Mari621 member
    Call the doctor. Sounds like you are have an allergic reaction. If that's the case you can take benadryl. I was having some sort of crazy allergic reactions with hives all over my body and face at 6 months. I had to take 25- 50 mg of benadryl every 4-6hrs.i went to see an allergist and he said because I have fid allergies I'm more prone to getting hives spontaneously especially with pregnancy hormones with no real triggers (I kept a food log). I was getting then in the evening/night when he said your cortisone levels are lower.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did take Benadryl and went to the doctor. It went down when I took the Benadryl and came back after the meds wore off, but they said since it does react to the meds that it probably is allergic reaction. So I went home yesterday and took another dose and went to sleep at 6pm. Woke up like this. Now I have hives on the other arm and my other eye. I have to be at work to open the store at 6:30 and there is no way to fill, (Sorry for the 3am hair).