December 2015 Moms
Options

Second guessing this!

i need help, we found out we are expecting , I was excited til we found out we are having twins. Now I'm rethinking this hole thing. I have one child she is 3 and married to a great husband and father , how ever I'm thinking I'm not feeling this pregnancy . So had anyone felt like this with there second? I know it's little late to think about it but what can I do to help me get over it.

Re: Second guessing this!

• Options
    What exactly are you asking when you say "rethinking"? Are you saying you do not want your pregnancy and wish to end it? I'm just not sure how to answer without clarification.
  • Options
    Take a deep breath and have an honest conversation with your partner. Share how you feel and your hopes and reservations and discuss it together.
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not gonna lie, it will be hard but women all over the world have been in the same situation as you.  I have a friend who had twins in her second pregnancy.  You just have to go with the flow and get as much help as possible.  Make sure your SO knows you are feeling uneasy and hopefully they will reassure you that all will be fine.  

I agree that having even a single second child can feel overwelming.  How can I have any more love for another child and then now you find out you are having two.  That can definitely be scary.  It will take a while to sink in but you can do it.  
    Erin

Mom to 3 Boys (Ages 10, 8 & 3)

Mom to 3 Angels

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My sister in law felt this way during her second pregnancy. And she only had one on the way, your def not alone.

She had a hard time understanding how she'd still make time for her older child and she sincerely doubted she could love her second one as much as the first. However she laughs about it now because as soon as he came out everything changed and she completely fell in love!

There are so many things to think and stress about but like I said just remember your not alone and this is just another unplanned adventure you and your hubby and child are about to embark on! It will be very hard some days but completely worth it! And you have all of us to help you along the way!
  • Options
    I'm only expecting one but I totally feel you. I broke down to my husband a few days ago. I'm really doing this so my daughter won't be alone and I'm worrying that she'll feel left out when the baby comes. All the attention she used to get will be on the baby. I'm also just feeling so sick, tired, moody...and then I think about how terribly uncomfortable I was during my last pregnancy. And how hard breastfeeding was...it's so much to take on again. But it's because we're feeling overwhelmed. I try to tell myself to take it one day at a time. Just get through today and don't worry about the future. It will be ok. It may be hard at times but you'll get through it. And you'll be such a strong woman after all this. Women are saints, that's all I can say! Have a good cry then dry your tears and just love your little girl. You'll do great!
  • Options
    Give it time! It's normal to have times of total excitement and then times of fear and feeling overwhelmed or thinking "what have we gotten ourselves into?!" Don't add extra stress, just focus on taking care of yourself. Schedule a pedicure. Schedule time with your daughter just for you two. Schedule a date night with your husband to connect with him. Tell him how you feel and let him know you need extra love and support right now. You'll get through it! Pregnancy/having babies changes our lives so it's natural to have a lot of mixed and changing emotions. Not to mention all the raging hormones that make us extra moody!
  • Options
    With my second i felt the same. I also didn't think i could ever l9ve another baby like i loved my first. But she came and it was amazing. I had all singletons but i am on baby 9 now lol you just fall in love over and over. Big hugs to you.