Baby Names
Options

Baby born- still no name!! HELP!

EricaSaysMeowEricaSaysMeow member
edited April 2015 in Baby Names
Baby boy was born yesterday and still has no name.. Please help, I've narrowed it down as far as I think I can.

Baby born- still no name!! HELP! 191 votes

Franklin Alexander (Frankie)
25% 49 votes
Andrew Alexander (Andy or Drew)
25% 49 votes
Callum Alexander
21% 41 votes
Liam Alexander
27% 52 votes

Re: Baby born- still no name!! HELP!

• Options
    I also kind of like Bennett Alexander
  • Options
    I never understand how a baby can be born and still no name! 9 months is a long time to decide.
    Anyways I voted Liam :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All are great! Congrats!
  • Options
    I think Frankie is adorable! I really like Liam, but it's very popular and just not as classic. But I don't think you can go wrong with any!
  • Options
    Franklin or Andrew.  Both classics, both great.  Callum sounds too made up, and Liam is so overused these days.
  • Options
    Franklin it's completely unexpected and refreshing.

• Options
    Frankie is great
  • Options
    Franklin/Frankie is not great. This kid is going to have to eventually go to school with his name, and kids can be so cruel. They don't care whether a name is classic or refreshing, they care whether it sounds even a little bit silly...and Frankie is just awful.

I think Andrew and Liam are your best options, and I would go with Liam since personally I don't like alliteration.
  • Options
    Andrew by a long shot!!

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    bbiutmcph said:

Franklin/Frankie is not great. This kid is going to have to eventually go to school with his name, and kids can be so cruel. They don't care whether a name is classic or refreshing, they care whether it sounds even a little bit silly...and Frankie is just awful.

I think Andrew and Liam are your best options, and I would go with Liam since personally I don't like alliteration.

Frankie is awful? Seriously? I know several and you sound ridiculous. It's a nickname for several names and fairly common in my Italian and Hispanic area.
    Yup, Frankie is horrible. The little boys in your neighborhood must be Franciscos, also a name I don't like. But hey, it's her kid...if she decides to go with it, more power to her. I know no one will be convincing me to change my son's name.
  • Options
    I like Liam or Bennett of the names you listed.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    Franklin or Andrew
  • Options
    I know Liam is super common these days, but I really think it sounds the nicest with the middle name.
  • Options

bbiutmcph said:

Frankie is awful? Seriously? I know several and you sound ridiculous. It's a nickname for several names and fairly common in my Italian and Hispanic area.
    Yup, Frankie is horrible. The little boys in your neighborhood must be Franciscos, also a name I don't like. But hey, it's her kid...if she decides to go with it, more power to her. I know no one will be convincing me to change my son's name.
    It's not obvious to me why he would be teased as Frankie??? I mean kids can be mean and quite creative... But I'm not seeing it. Just because it is a classic name? Well hell- poor Charlie, Tommy, James, Peter, etc etc.,..
  • Options
    if i met a kid named franklin, i would just think his parents loved that kids show a little too much, Bennett is a really good choice imo.
  • Options

bbiutmcph said:

You are nuts, lady. Franklin is fantastic name. It was the name of one of our greatest presidents, FDR, and is the last name of one of the most innovative American thinkers of all time, Benjamin Franklin. What is there to possibly dislike or make fun of about this name?
  • Options
    I vote for Bennet Alexander. My second choice would be Andrew Alexander.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Liam or Andrew imo
  • Options
    I love the name Callum if we would have had a boy that was one of the names picked out.. Ultimately it's your choice to name your baby no poll should determine that. Don't get me wrong it's great to get advice but you make the decision..
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    Franklin mm Frankie...love it!!!