Baby Names
Options

Opinions Needed! Last 2 Girl Names

Going back and forth between two names - due in 3 weeks! Any opinions? We had a hard time finding names we both liked but I have little problems with the last two. Big sister's name is Julia. Grace, the middle name listed below, is after DH's grandmother who passed away a few months ago.

1. Alexandra Grace - I have a friend of a friend who recently named her baby Alexandra (they don't live locally), not sure if they are close enough of a connection to make me say Alexandra is already taken?

2. Elena Grace - DH has a cousin named Juliette (similar to our daughter Julia) and her sister's name is Elena. Is that weird to name our girls so similarly to his cousins?

TIA!

Re: Opinions Needed! Last 2 Girl Names

• Options
    Alexandra it's beautiful.
    I like Elena but depending where you live people will say it differently and I wouldn't want to deal with that.

• Options
    I would go with Alexandra. I don't really think it matters that a friend of a friend has a kid with the same name. I think Elena would be weird just because your sib set would be so matchy with your DH cousin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Alexandra better and think it pairs better with Julia. Both lovely names!
  • Options
    Alexandra. The cousin thing would be weird, and I personally prefer Elaine and Elaina over Elena, though some of that could be regional dialect clustercuss contributing to that.
  • Options
    I love Alexandra Grace. Nice choices both but I think that the cousin's kids having the same names is a problem.
  • Options
    Alexandra. It is a beautiful, classic name. I prefer it over Elena and would avoid having a similar sibset to the cousins.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Definitely Alexandra, and the name isn't taken! It my be more obvious that they have the same name if it was something obscure, but with a classic name like Alexandra, I definitely think you can still use it.
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    I like Alexandria Grace more
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    Both are beautiful. Just take both names with you and decide when you see her.
  • Options
    Prefer Alexandra Grace. Both are nice.
  • Options
    Alexandra Grace.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Definitely Alexandra because people will constantly mispronounce Elena.

• Options
    Alexandra b/c of the cousin sibset thing.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    erinnlou said:

I would go with Alexandra. I don't really think it matters that a friend of a friend has a kid with the same name. I think Elena would be weird just because your sib set would be so matchy with your DH cousin.

Perfectly stated.

• Options
    Alexandra for sure.
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I'd go with Alexandra
  • Options
    Elena is one of my favorite names and out of the two. I just know so many Alexandra's, pretty name but for me it is way too common. I know way too many Alex's for nn. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker