Baby Names
Options

Help! Just gave birth! Need name!

Just gave birth and we need help with names! We are in the hospital and are undecided.

Trying to decide on first and middle.

Deciding between these two:

Sailor Laless

Mavi Laless

(Pronounced mah-vee)

Laless is last name.
Brother and sisters names are Crue and London.

Here are middle name options for each.

Sailor Indigo
Sailor Adelaide

Mavi Indigo
Mavi James
Mavi Adelaide
Mavi Arden

Lower down the list possibilities:
Mavi Roswell
Mavi Sinclaire
Mavi Alexandra

Or you can hate all of them. :).

Please help ASAP!

Re: Help! Just gave birth! Need name!

• Options
    I'm sorry, I'm not a fan. Indigo Adelaide or Adelaide Indigo?
  • Options
    Congratulations on your Baby girl!

I'm sure choosing a name for a baby is not an easy task as this will be the name called for life...
    I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of any of them... I have a girl name already picked out so won't give you that but quite like the sound of Ava Laless or Eva or Amelia
    Not sure on a middle name though but all the best to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you love those two and are picking between them, I'd go with Mavi. I think it might be weird to have both Crue (homonym for crew) and Sailor.
  • Options
    bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited April 2015
    They are both truly awful and with Cru, Sailor is almost funny. What about Maeve? Similar to Mavi but much solider.

Edit for autocorrect

• Options
    nicosh8nicosh8 member
    edited April 2015
    Congrats!
    Please don't name your daughter Sailor. All of those name combos are no good.
    What about Adelaide or Alexandra? I also like pp suggestion of Maeve.
    Me:27 DH:27
    Married: May 2013
    TTC#1 since Nov 2014
    MC June 2015
    MC January 2016
    Compound Hetero MTHFR Gene Mutation
  • Options
    Congrats! While your names are not my style, I would go with Sailor with your other children's names. It works with the kind of geographical/nautical vibe. I prefer Adelaide over Indigo as a MN.
  • Options
    Truthfully, these are NMS at all. It sounds like the name of a place instead of a person. 

Did you have a boy or a girl because I cannot tell from the names you have provided? I'm thinking you had a girl because of the use of Adelaide and Alexandra, but James is masculine so this confuses me. Knowing the sex of your baby would be helpful in providing constructive feedback. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    Sorry but I think already having a child named Crue is exactly the reason that sailor should not be used on this new child. While I think Mavi is loads better than sailor, I do also like the PPs suggestion of Maeve.
    Congratulations btw OP, and while I do not mean to sound snarky at all I think Crue and sailor in the same family would be a little much.
  • Options
    Please do not name your child Sailor. That's really not a good name.

Mavi by default, though pps suggestions of Maeve, Adelaide and everything else is much better.
  • Options
    not a fan of any. Is this a girl? Really cannot tell by the name

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Options
    I'm not a fan of Sailor at all.  Mavi is a little better.  What about Alexandra or Adelaide with Mavi as the middle name?  Although Adelaide and Mavi combined is just too much A sound with your last name.  Maybe Adeline Mavi? 

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Out of the ones you listed Mavi Is the one I like better. For the middle name I prefer James or Alexandra. Alexandra sounds more feminine though.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    megewy said:

Out of the ones you listed Mavi Is the one I like better. For the middle name I prefer James or Alexandra. Alexandra sounds more feminine though.

Why would you give a girl a name like James? It's masculine...
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    I think Mavi is cute. I like Mavi Adelaide best. Adelaide is a very big street where I'm from so I have heard the name used quite a bit. Just because Blake Lively is beautiful and cool doesn't mean it's ok to call a girl James like she did.
  • Options
    Reading your name choices, I initially assumed it was a boy (of course until I read Adelaide as a middle name possibility). Personally, I would not do Sailor with a Crüe sibling. Between the two, Mavi for sure. I think Adelaide is absolutely beautiful if you'd consider it as a first name! Congrats on the new baby!! :)
    "Will you be my Valentine?" 2/14/2004 "Will you marry me?" 7/4/2008 "Wanna get a cat?" 7/4/2010 TTC #1 since 2/2011 Me: 28 DH: 29 2 Cycles Femera, 4 IUIs, IVF#1 (BNF), IVF#2 (BFN).

• Options
    Maeve! Congrats on your baby.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options
  • Options
    I know I will definitely be in the minority here, but I really like Sailor Indigo.  Not two names I'd generally gravitate towards, but I think they sound sweet.
  • Options
    Mavi James of the choices you listed.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    Mavi James does not sound like a girl to me at all. So if you do use Mavi use Adelaide or something a bit more feminine for the MN
  • Options
    Congrats!

I agree with PPs that Sailor and Crue in the same family is a no-go.  People will assume your children's parents are flaky -- sorry!

Mavi wins by a nose here, but I think your child will be in for a lifetime of correcting people who mispronounce it.  I'd be very cautious about it.

On the other hand, I think Adelaide is an awesome name, and even though it's a more traditional name than the others, I still think it goes well with your sibset.  Indigo would also work as a first name and fit the "vibe" of your name style.

Adelaide Indigo Laless
    Indigo Adelaide Laless

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Mavi is masculine. Don't put that on a girl.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    Crue + Sailor = terrible.. Sorry.

Mavi is better, but totally NMS. I like names that are established and have at least some kind of history. Maybe Maude or Maeve?

Love the idea of Adelaide as first name. If you want to make it a little more modern/different, you could do Adelaide Mavi or Adelaide Indigo
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    edited April 2015
    James Arden <--- thought it was a boy.

Girl: Adelaide indie ?
  • Options
    Mavi Adelaide or Mavi Alexandra out of your choices.
  • Options
    My goddaughter is Saylor, so I am biased toward the name. It may be a bit much with Crue, though.

Mavi James is cute, and I tend to like unisex names for girls. I also like MJL for initials.
  • Options
    amylianne said:

My goddaughter is Saylor, so I am biased toward the name. It may be a bit much with Crue, though.

Mavi James is cute, and I tend to like unisex names for girls. I also like MJL for initials.

Mavi and James are both, by definition, masculine. They are not unisex.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    Guess I'm the odd man out because I like sailor. I don't like mavi. Reminds me of the color mauve which I think is just terrible lol.
  • Options
    MaladroitMaladroit member
    edited April 2015
    What did you pick @Aloubrakebill ?
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Options
    We went with Mavi Sinclair. We found that Mavi is in fact used as a boy AND girl name, and it was given to girls in the last few years though not crazy popular..... Which we like. It means Blue, which isn't boy or girl by meaning. It's not pronounced Mauve-ey.... As some might think, like the color. It's Mah-vee. And my husband and I decided on Sinclair in the hospital. :).
  • Options

We went with Mavi Sinclair. We found that Mavi is in fact used as a boy AND girl name, and it was given to girls in the last few years though not crazy popular..... Which we like. It means Blue, which isn't boy or girl by meaning. It's not pronounced Mauve-ey.... As some might think, like the color. It's Mah-vee. And my husband and I decided on Sinclair in the hospital. :).

The only reason it's being used on girls is because people ignore its gender. It is masculine in origin.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I love Mavi, it's so simple and beautiful! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Mavi is cute! Thanks for updating us! I was really curious what you chose!