Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Negative Tests

Im currently 5 days late, my test yesterday morning was negative and I've read some women don't get a positive test for one or two weeks after their missed period. How common is that, how long did it take before you received a positive result?

Also, the last few night when I try to sleep i experience slight cramping only on my left side. My nipples have been tender since yesterday, everytime I take even a sip of water I pee 20 minutes later. I've been constipated but yet gassy all week. Should I be getting my hopes up?? And if you are using pregnancy acronyms can you please spell them out, I'm new to this. Ex: ttc (trying to conceive)

Re: Negative Tests

• Options
    How do you know that you are 5 days late ? Are you charting ? Temping ?
  • Options
    If you are 5 days late and AF is still negative, AND your cycles are predictable, I would see a doctor to figure out what's going on if AF doesn't show over the weekend.

With my chemical pregnancies in the past, I tested BFP around cd 25-26, but it was usually bfn by cd 30. AF usually showed a week late. It's possible that something like that is happening if your are sure about your dates.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sbost0118 said:

If you are 5 days late and AF is still negative, AND your cycles are predictable, I would see a doctor to figure out what's going on if AF doesn't show over the weekend.

With my chemical pregnancies in the past, I tested BFP around cd 25-26, but it was usually bfn by cd 30. AF usually showed a week late. It's possible that something like that is happening if your are sure about your dates.

Cycles are not predictable unless you are temping. No need to see a doctor yet.
  • Options
    I agree with @TheBorg7of9, no need to see a dr if you're only getting BFN. Women who didn't get their BFP until weeks after their "missed period" as OP mentioned just ovulated later that cycle. Just wait until you get AF or see your dr if you reach CD60 without AF. You should try temping and using Fertility Friend to verify your ovulation date.
  • Options

Im currently 5 days late, my test yesterday morning was negative and I've read some women don't get a positive test for one or two weeks after their missed period. How common is that, how long did it take before you received a positive result?

Also, the last few night when I try to sleep i experience slight cramping only on my left side. My nipples have been tender since yesterday, everytime I take even a sip of water I pee 20 minutes later. I've been constipated but yet gassy all week. Should I be getting my hopes up?? And if you are using pregnancy acronyms can you please spell them out, I'm new to this. Ex: ttc (trying to conceive)

Here is a graphic for how many women on average have a positive HPT by 3 weeks past their expected period.
    This website satisfied a lot of curiosity for me

Of course, this all depends on whether or not you are reliably charting your BBT (not just calendar counting or relying on body symptoms or CM) to confirm ovulation.

If you are guessing by calendar you are shooting in the dark. Therefore, you could have ovulated later, missed your window or not ovulated at all.

The best thing you can do is test once a week:
    -- use first morning urine
    -- use pink dye
    -- follow directions very closely

If you reach 60 days without your period or a positive, then contact your doctor for further investigation.

• BBT -- Basal Body Temperature
    • CM -- cervical mucus

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @sbost0118 : please don't try to insinuate miscarriage without a shred of evidence that this poster is even pregnant first. That's WAY cart before the horse. Please, it's not helpful.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I know that I am 5 days late because my last period was Feb. 23rd, my LH showed on March 9th, should have started my period around March 23rd.
  • Options
    Hi!

Unless you are temping, you don't know when you should expect your period. OPKs predict ovulation, but because you can have multiple LH surges in a cycle, they are not reliable.

Your test is negative, so you're not pregnant at this time. It's that simple...
  • Options

I know that I am 5 days late because my last period was Feb. 23rd, my LH showed on March 9th, should have started my period around March 23rd.

Unfortunately that's not enough information to know that you are late. An LH surge can happen at any time in your cycle without O actually following it. You need to temp to confirm that ovulation happened. OPKs are great for letting you know you may be about to ovulate, but without combining them with temping, you just can't know 100% that you did ovulate.
  • Options

As described above. You are actually just guessing.

LH surges don't confirm ovulation (OPK). They just tell you that you are hearing up to release an egg. So that positive OPK (LH) strip means you could have ovulated within 12-24 hours after the positive strip. Only tracking your waking temp can actually confirm you ovulated between March 9th to March 11th. You can have a surge without releasing an egg. That actually happens many times through out the average cycle.

So-- I would test at will & keep doing so until you get either a positive HPT or your period. Good luck @BrittanyP316

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I'm getting deja vu. Didn't I respond on this thread on 1st tri? I can't keep up anymore!

(Not being smart, I'm really getting dizzy today because I'm bouncing around boards)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"