Pregnant after IF
Options

Baby Hiccups

How many times a day do you notice your baby has the hiccups?  I didn't feel anything for a while, but now she has them 4-5 times a day.  I asked my OB about it and she just said it's a good sign to feel hiccups and not to worry about it.  I'm not necessarily worried...but man, it seems like she always has it!  So just curious what you ladies who are further along have felt.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)

Re: Baby Hiccups

• Options
    When I was pregnant I had them 3-4 times a day. My DD continues to have lots of hiccups after she was born. Don't worry too much :)
    Pregnant with #2

IVF cycle 1 (Nov 2013)- freeze all d/t OHSS
    FET #1-BFN
    FET #2-BFP baby girl born Dec 2014
    FET #3-Sept 2017 BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks

IVF cycle 2 (Oct 2017)- freeze all again d/t OHSS
    FET #1 BPF, pregnant with a singleton due Sept 2018

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    pblgepblge member
    My LO had them all the time for a while, but they've gotten less frequent. I was worried she was having them for too long. I clocked her once at about 18 minutes straight. The MW told me it's absolutely nothing to worry about, despite some bad info floating around from the WTEWYE series. If anything it's a good sign of normal development. :)
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just this past week (I'm 27 weeks) I've noticed she has them most nights, usually just once per night for about 5 mins.
  • Options
    I felt them all the time. Baby still has hiccups every so often
    Married 2007
    3 Clomid IUIs -- BFNs
    IVF #1 never made it to transfer
    On "egg health" cocktail DHEA/CoQ10/FRC/Pregnitude/Melatonin
    Starting IVF #2 for Feb 2013
    Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix
    Cancelled mid-cycle due to high P4 levels early on.
    OCPs again for IVF 2.5 mid-March. IVF 2.5 transferred two "gorgeous" 5-day blasts and BFFN. Even REI is baffled
    On indefinite hold until a huge stroke of serendipity led me to IVF 3 May 2014
    Testing found positive cardiolipins/APS, now on lovenox and intralipid infusions
    Transfer of 2 5-day blasts and (FINALLY) BFFP!! 1st ultrasound shows two sacs and two HB, but one is sluggish, almost expecting vanishing twin Subsequent ultrasound confirmed vanishing twin, but my other Little critter looks fantastic!
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
    -- Margaret Thatcher

• Options
    This has caused me MUCH stress for several weeks now.

I noticed back around 28 weeks a little tapping feeling down by my bikini line and thought it was strange but cute.  Over time the frequency increased and has become a daily thing.  Usually LO hiccups at least 4 times a day for 7-15 minutes and can go as many as 7 or 8 times in a day.  I have mentioned this at my last three appointments because it is causing my anxiety to sky rocket.  (WTEWYE says that if the hiccuping is "excessive" it may be a problem...Great.  Thanks.)  My OB and an on-call OB both say it's her central nervous system developing.  My OB also said that a lack of movement is indicative of a cord issue and since my LO is moving like crazy he's not concerned.

That said, I insisted on another ultrasound at 35 1/2 weeks.  The OB is worried that if I see the cord wrapped one time (something he says happens in 30% of deliveries) my anxiety will be worse for the last few weeks.  But at this point I guess I just feel like I need to do everything I can to be sure that there really is nothing out of the ordinary going on.  :/  Anxiety sucks.
  • Options
    @ladyteach0505 let us know how the u/s goes! Baby has started having hiccups maybe once a day or every other day. OB says this is normal so I hope yours is normal too!

**Signature Warning**

TTC since July 2013
    DX: Unexplained or possibly DOR and DH 2% morph
    3 IUIs May-July: all BFN
    IVF Sept 2014: 12R 10M 8F, 5 day eSET 9/15, 4 frosties
    Beta #1 353, Beta #2 651, EDD June 3

TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

• Options
    pblgepblge member
    @ladyteach0505 - The WTEWYE bit about excessive hiccups hasn't been backed up by a single doctor or other source I've seen. I think they're just flat out wrong on that point! Also, I felt a lot better about nuchal cords after reading this page. Be sure to watch the video (just the first minute) of the baby born with a REALLY tangled cord. :)
    https://midwifethinking.com/2010/07/29/nuchal-cords/?blogsub=confirming#blog_subscription-3
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"