Baby Names
Options

Do these sound weird?

Hi! Just want to get honest opinions on how these names sound to the general public. A couple first names I really like are Jordyn and Devyn, but my last name is Martin. Does both names ending in N sounds funny to anyone?

Re: Do these sound weird?

• Options
    The Y's look stupid. Jordan sounds dated. Devin is ok.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Um honestly they LOOK weird. Spelled correctly, they sound fine just nms. I would say stay away from names that rhyme with your last name. What others do you like?
    Displaying _20140730_065450.JPG Z0EY
  • Options
    Th Y spelling is a family thing...trying to see if I would keep with the trend. To people who don't know that though I can see it just doesn't look right. I appreciate the opinions!
  • Options
    To add..the main point wasn't truely those two names themselves but the fact that they both end in N. They just don't flow. Thanks all!
  • Options
    Well, they sound fine to the general public, but  they look trashy.
  • Options
    I don't like Devyn spelled this way, Devin is fine though. I know a little girl named Jordyn so it doesn't bother me as much
  • Options
    The y names of the past are not misspelled. So it's not a tradition to misspell names. And we do not know the sex at this point.
  • Options
    There are plenty of names that have a 'y' in them when spelled correctly, so I'd go back to the drawing board. I'm not a fan of both names ending in 'n', but it's not terrible.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kari111 said:

The y names of the past are not misspelled. So it's not a tradition to misspell names. And we do not know the sex at this point.

You are wrong. Sorry to tell you but names have actual correct spellings much like any word in language.

• Options
    Jordan and Devin are fine for boys.
  • Options
    1. I think those names are too rhyme-Y with Martin
    2. Pick a legit name with a Y in it. Wyatt, Audrey, Zachary, Yvonne, even Myles
  • Options
    kari111 said:

So I'm trying to figure out if the names of the tradition were legit names with "y"s? Or if op thinks that once someone is given a name it becomes a legit spelling.
    Displaying _20140730_065450.JPG Z0EY
  • Options
    Original names I am referring to: Ryan, Gwendolyn, Tyler, Taylor, etc...actual names with actual correct spelling. So no, I am not wrong. Thanks for the input for those who offered constructive criticism. I appreciate this. Those names are both out for us for various reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"