September 2012 Moms
Options

WTF FRIDAY!

WTF / FFFC / UO / Complaint Department / Bragathon

Whatchya got?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green

Re: WTF FRIDAY!

• Options
    I almost died last night from contractions.  I was scrambling to pack a bag and get the laundry put away because that seems like the worst thing to come back to, a heap of laundry. 

Today?  Nothing. 

TMI - I'm not sure if the nausea and diarrhea were from contractions, or if the contractions were from the upset stomach, but OMG I cannot believe I survived last night.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    How did your doc appointment go the other day?  Your doc isn't concerned about the contractions I assume?

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a grading day at work and since I don't have grading to do, I'm home with Lily. I think we're going to take a trip to Target but not sure what else. I was hoping we'd sleep in, but were up at 6, so I already made pancakes. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @tinyhumantoe  I hope you're drinking enough water and taking care of yourself.  That sounds awful  I never really had any contractions until go-time, and it sounds like I lucked out.  When is your next dr. appointment?

Ethan was a nightmare this morning.  He tantrumed over every little thing.  He wants to turn out the light but someone already turned it off.  Tantrum.  No, he can't just turn it back on and then turn it off.  He has to go completely boneless and whine about it for 15 minutes.  Repeat over and over and over.  Even Maya was looking at him like he was nuts by the time we left the house.
  • Options
    I turned off the alarm this morning after it was improperly set to go off at 4:30. I was startled awake at 7 when L walked into our room. Oops. I got up as fast as I could, made her lunch, and took her to DC so I could spend another day on the couch.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    @flamingemu do you normally get up at 430?! 
    @-)

• Options

I didn't have contractions either until go time. I think it really helped me not freak and false alarms of scrambling to get out of the house. I lucked out for sure.

DH is home with B today after working mids for the last few days. B was so excited to see him last night. I couldn't get a word out of him, he just wanted Daddy. It was totally fine by me. I got to sit and read my magazine while I listened to them play. First person he asked for was Daddy this morning. It's so damn adorable how close they are. I love that they are best buddies.

Tomorrow night I get to go out with my softball team for dinner and drinks. I haven't been out in a while so I'm excited to get out without DH and DS in tow.

• Options
    DH made it ok to his job last night. Or to the hotel. Either way, he made it.
    I had the night from hell. Pacing dog, howling wind, 3 year old waking up twice 'mommy I think I lost my mind, can you help me find it?'.
    I was up at 4 and could not really fall back asleep.

And I shoveled a tiny path for the mail man and got the porch and the trenches done.
    I am tired.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sitting here combing through our bank statements for the last year to get all of the medical expenses noted for tax purposes,  Holy hell, we waste so much money on junk.  So much Amazon and eating out and other unnecessary crap.
  • Options
    I <3 "stupid o'clock!"  LOLing over here

• Options
    Nita2603 said:
    DH made it ok to his job last night. Or to the hotel. Either way, he made it. I had the night from hell. Pacing dog, howling wind, 3 year old waking up twice 'mommy I think I lost my mind, can you help me find it?'. I was up at 4 and could not really fall back asleep. And I shoveled a tiny path for the mail man and got the porch and the trenches done. I am tired.
    I'm sorry, but this made me LOL.  
  • Options
    If one more person asks if I named Zeke after parenthood it's gonna get ugly. I also totally understand why people get nervous when their kids name suddenly gets a boost of popularity. I always thought those people were nuts and now I'm one of them!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Nita2603 said:
    DH made it ok to his job last night. Or to the hotel. Either way, he made it. I had the night from hell. Pacing dog, howling wind, 3 year old waking up twice 'mommy I think I lost my mind, can you help me find it?'. I was up at 4 and could not really fall back asleep. And I shoveled a tiny path for the mail man and got the porch and the trenches done. I am tired.
    I see myself replying Jim Carrey style the second time LOL-

"Oh honey I found it...IT'S UP YOUR ASSSSSSS!  GO BACK TO BED YOU FREAKING WEIRD KID!"

• Options
    @flamingemu do you normally get up at 430?! 
    @-)
    Ha! No, it was because I had to be at the hospital at 5:30 on Wednesday. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options

Nita2603 said:

DH made it ok to his job last night. Or to the hotel. Either way, he made it.
    I had the night from hell. Pacing dog, howling wind, 3 year old waking up twice 'mommy I think I lost my mind, can you help me find it?'.
    I was up at 4 and could not really fall back asleep.

And I shoveled a tiny path for the mail man and got the porch and the trenches done.
    I am tired.

I see myself replying Jim Carrey style the second time LOL-

"Oh honey I found it...IT'S UP YOUR ASSSSSSS!  GO BACK TO BED YOU FREAKING WEIRD KID!"

There was an answer similarly sensitive.
    It's cute and funny. At 4 and 5:30? Not so much.
  • Options
    @tinyhumantoe‌, I kept sending that recipe link to friends and I found a friend who is gonna get ingredients and gonna come over and make it with me/for me. ;-)
  • Options
    That's what I was planning on making for Superbowl THT! :-)  I pinned it last week and was like hmmm....this is right up DH's alley.  I'm going to make it.

We're having a Superbowl pot luck at work today.  It's 8:48am and we're all "stirring" our things in the crock pot and sampling them.  I can't believe we can't eat until 1130.  So many good things....

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I'm sitting here combing through our bank statements for the last year to get all of the medical expenses noted for tax purposes,  Holy hell, we waste so much money on junk.  So much Amazon and eating out and other unnecessary crap.
    We have been working on DH's business stuff. He spent 14k in fuel last year!  @-)

• Options
    My lip is still numb from biting through it. The inside is mostly healed, but I can't feel a damn thing. I am drinking out of straws and the left side of my mouth. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    I just got a letter from the District Attorney in the area...one of my students is trying to get her record expunged and apparently I am now the receiver of her things.

The guy signed the letter "Very Truly Yours."  Does anyone else find that a little odd?  Maybe it's just me.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    What do you guys think of this duvet cover?  I thinking of buying it for Ethan's room.

• Options
    What do you guys think of this duvet cover?  I thinking of buying it for Ethan's room.

It's busy, but I like it!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    I just got a letter from the District Attorney in the area...one of my students is trying to get her record expunged and apparently I am now the receiver of her things.

The guy signed the letter "Very Truly Yours."  Does anyone else find that a little odd?  Maybe it's just me.
    I totally relate to all of your student shenanigans. I had a student bust in my door last week after I sent her an e-mail to tell her to MAKE AN APPOINTMENT with me about something. "Well I was just upstairs so I thought I would come on down"... sure. I don't have a lunch to eat or errands to run, I just sit here and wait on students to come in when they need me.
    Yeah, clients here are like that too.  I set strict boundaries because I find that if I let them do it once, not only do they keep doing it, but they tell others to do it too.
  • Options
    @THT I hope you go on your own by 2/5.  I never had contractions before go time either.  I never had BH ones either.  FWIW, I drank water like a fish so take care of yourself and drink up!

Had an awesome happy hour with co-workers last night and am so thrilled my interaction designer was hired on full time from contractor status. 

Today I'm working from home and have to squeeze some cleaning in between meetings/on lunch because our next door neighbors are coming over with their kids for pizza.  Their daughter is in Kindergarten with DS.   It's so nice to have great neighbors with kids about the same age.   At least my house will be clean as of 5pm today so I can go into the weekend with that.

FFCF:  I can't stand when parents choose for the kids or get upset if a kid doesn't want to do what they want.  I'm thinking of things like bday parties, halloween costumes, valentines, etc.  I let DS pick all that out himself.  He's a KID and should get to choose that stuff, not me.  Obvi unless its insane/extreme I would guide him, but it's not my place to decide what his bday theme should be, costume should be, valentines should be, etc.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Tonight DH and I are doing a pizza & beer pairing dinner.  
    Tomorrow I'm taking my sisters/Moms to a cooking demo (cake & cupcake decorating...my sister picked it....) around an hour from here and we're going out for the super amazing pizza we had for my Mom's birthday.  It's a good thing I love pizza as much as I do, or I might get sick of it....

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

I agree. It's busy but I do like it. If you're going with this I'd keep to neutral solids and not much else with patterns in his room. Where's it from?

• Options
    @tinyhumantoe , I think it's not uncommon for women to report that they "evacuated their systems" shortly before or in early labor.  I know I did... So maybe you're close to go time!
  • Options
    HyalineHyaline member
    edited January 2015

I'll be honest, it hurts my eyes.

But in a really low-key room otherwise, I think it would work.  It's just NMS.
  • Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2015
    MommaP12 said:

FFCF:  I can't stand when parents choose for the kids or get upset if a kid doesn't want to do what they want.  I'm thinking of things like bday parties, halloween costumes, valentines, etc.  I let DS pick all that out himself.  He's a KID and should get to choose that stuff, not me.  Obvi unless its insane/extreme I would guide him, but it's not my place to decide what his bday theme should be, costume should be, valentines should be, etc.  
    ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MY $19 KOALA COSTUME THAT WINN HATED? 

=))
    eta p.s. I drank so much water yesterday I almost drowned.  That stopped the problems early on, but I think my body reacted to her checking me yesterday.

• Options
    Hyaline said:

I'll be honest, it hurts my eyes.

But in a really low-key room otherwise, I think it would work.  It's just NMS.
    I want to like it.  But it does sort of hurt my eyes.  I just can't imagine what else I'd be able to find to go with it, you know?  I feel like you'd have to keep everything else solid, which would be good.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Pokedot said:

I agree. It's busy but I do like it. If you're going with this I'd keep to neutral solids and not much else with patterns in his room. Where's it from?

It's from Land of Nod.  I've been looking at madras plaid comforters, which are kind of a busy pattern too, but the ones from PBK are kinda pricey and he will have two twin beds in his room, so I'll need 2.

I was thinking solid sheets with it.  The room is light yellow and the furniture will be black
  • Options
    Hyaline said:
    @tinyhumantoe , I think it's not uncommon for women to report that they "evacuated their systems" shortly before or in early labor.  I know I did... So maybe you're close to go time!
    Haha, you even make explosive diarrhea sound more eloquent.  I did last time, so I thought that was what was going on.  But I've had a few stomach bugs that caused contractions this pregnancy so maybe my fabulous cooking last night wasn't so fab after all. 

• Options
    MommaP12 said:

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MY $19 KOALA COSTUME THAT WINN HATED? 

=))
    eta p.s. I drank so much water yesterday I almost drowned.  That stopped the problems early on, but I think my body reacted to her checking me yesterday.
    hahahaha @tinyhumantoe  no, not referring to her costume.   And actually I should have caveated that this relates more to kids 3+ who have an opinion about what they want.  Usualy at age 1 or 2 they don't know what's going on still.  hahaha.

Good!!  Glad you are drinking a lot!  Hope baby girl F behaves this weekend!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"