Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Telling the kids about the miscarriage?

Has anyone else had to tell their kids about their miscarriage?
I had previously told me kids that I was pregnant, so I had to tell them there would be no baby coming. It was the hardest thing to do. My oldest child took it the hardest. My youngest does not want to talk about yet.

Re: Telling the kids about the miscarriage?

• Options
    I'm not sure how many ladies have living children here. I don't so I'm no help, sorry :(
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Oh ok...sorry
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'd tell your oldest, "I know might be a little confusing and sad. It's ok to feel that way. I feel that way too. do you have any questions?" I may even tell your youngest too. Hopefully it will open the lines for communication. Lots of hugs to you!
  • Options
    tcann320 said:

Oh ok...sorry

It's ok, it's not your fault! I was trying to think of a board you could go to where you may get more responses but I'm not sure.

I can't imagine how difficult it is to share that with your children. *hug*

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    I have a 7 year old step son who knew I was pregnant and then when we found out I had miscarried I was so worried about how I was going to explain that to him because he was so excited about getting a little brother or sister soon. He was trying to come up with names and he gave me a little doll for the baby on Christmas day. So I talked to a friend of mine who gave me the idea of doing something in honor of the baby like planting a tree or flowers. So when the time came for me to tell him he was really upset and was wondering if there was going to be a funeral because he wanted to put a flower :(. I explained that these things just happen sometimes and that there's still hope for the future and I asked him if he would like to help me plant a tree in honor and that made him feel a whole lot better. He has picked out the tree he wants to plant now which will be beautiful in our yard so we will be doing that soon. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope this helps.
  • Options
    I have a 7 year old daughter, this was our second loss and she was heartbroken and even started acting out a bit. We had a long discussion about it and explained that it was ok if she was upset and sad. We made a necklace with an angel for her to wear to remember her guardian angels up in heaven and that seemed to help her some. It's been difficult explaining to someone who is so young. We've decided if we get up the courage to try again we will not be sharing the news with her right away. She's a tough little girl but I felt so bad she had to go through this with us. Thoughts and hugs to you!
  • Options
    tcann320tcann320 member
    edited January 2015
    @ashley22284‌ What a wonderful mom you are! The necklace was so very special.
  • Options
    tcann320tcann320 member
    edited January 2015
    @nchlv‌ That is a wonderful idea. I have a son as well. He just cried. Me and the HB decided to not tell the kids so soon as well, when we try again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"