September 2012 Moms
Options

It's Monday--Where Is Everyone?

Re: It's Monday--Where Is Everyone?

• Options
    This video is so cute, about a man with Asperger Syndrome and his cats.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W-bbqGiPfc

That is so cute, I agree! My cat would be so jealous if she knew about that house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sitting at the hospital nursing baby Sam. Samuel Jeffrey was born Sat 1/10 at 7:56am. He weighed 7lbs 8oz and was 19.5in long. He's been nursing like a champ, I'm recovering from my RCS better than expected. So, we are going to head home today rather than tomorrow.
    Yay!!  So glad to hear you're all doing well and headed home soon.  He's so adorable!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2015
    Any tips on my cat....  she bites.  She has a split personality.... she's super sweet and in my face lovey and purring,  then she'll bite HARD when you're petting her the exact same way you were the millisecond before.  I've paid close attention to how she likes to be touched, and have come to the conclusion that she is fucking psycho.  She also gets spunky and playful and attacks W's legs.  I guess my main concern is how freaking hard she is biting.

She also licks All.Night.Long.  Slurp slurp gurgle slurp.  It is so disgusting, and I kick her out of the bedroom but we can't shut the door or she cries all night and wakes up W.

And she sheds huge chunks of hair, like 1,000 a day.  I know that's because we let her inside after she grew a winter coat. 

She's sort of a bitch.  Maybe she's retaliating for being named Stanley.  ETA:  I think she's so bitey because she has no front claws? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Congratulations @amandad715!  He is beautiful and I agree that his name is perfect!

I hope you recover quickly!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @willy_gert I would probably throw a small retirement party for my mom.  Where does the $400 figure come in?  Can you do something more casual/basic to bring the cost down?  Instead of serving a meal, have it be earlier or later with apps and dessert or something?

ETA:  I do kind of get your brother's frustration with having your mom volunteer that she wants a party thrown for her, if money is tight for them.   He should probably suck it up.  Did your mom specify what she wants?  I could totally see the kids all taking your mom out for dinner, but I'm not sure I would throw a 'party' for my mom with outsiders invited.  It would depend on a lot of other things.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    So, my brother and I got into an email fight this weekend because my mom wants a retirement party and he doesn't think we should be "saddled" with the responsibility.

I am pretty upset about it, because my mom was a single mom of three kids who worked a ton to make sure we had whatever we needed and pretty much anything we wanted.  She doesn't usually ask us for anything, so I think it is within reason to throw her a party.  The price tag is $400, but again, there are three of us.  

He thinks that we should just all go to the party that the school district does, but I don't think it is intended for families of the retirees, just school district employees.  I don't really know what to do or where to go from here.
    That sucks.  Can you do something for less money?  If he is going to be difficult about it, maybe it would be better to do something more low-key than nothing at all.  Just a thought.
  • Options
    Oh, I just reread @willy_gert.  Find out if you can go to that district party, then take her out to a nice dinner after or the next night.  Hibachi or a family style serving place like Buca di Beppo would be good, or if money is tight then plan a nice dinner at one of the homes and all 3 of you can bring the meal.  Have some balloons and a small gift, and that should all come in far below $400.  The key is to make her feel special.

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:

My husband and I are not vibing the last few days.  Lots of petty arguments (that he is starting), I'm not sure what his issue is. 

My husband totally gets "man-PMS."  Not monthly, but every once and awhile.  He even admitted to it a few weeks ago.  He was just cranky about everything and I finally called him out on a it.  He was driving me crazy.

Maybe yours is stressed about something he's not talking about?  Or just going through a weird funk?  
    I'm not sure, I know he has a presentation Thursday, but I don't think that's what set him off.  Things were fine yesterday morning and then took a turn in the afternoon.  Then seemed fine again and then another bout of him acting irritated.  I'll talk with him about it tonight. 
  • Options
    @willy_gert I would probably throw a small retirement party for my mom.  Where does the $400 figure come in?  Can you do something more casual/basic to bring the cost down?  Instead of serving a meal, have it be earlier or later with apps and dessert or something?

ETA:  I do kind of get your brother's frustration with having your mom volunteer that she wants a party thrown for her, if money is tight for them.   He should probably suck it up.  Did your mom specify what she wants?  I could totally see the kids all taking your mom out for dinner, but I'm not sure I would throw a 'party' for my mom with outsiders invited.  It would depend on a lot of other things.
    Money is no problem for my brother.  He makes like 6 times what my sister and I make.  After saying how unreasonable it was, he basically said he would pay for it all.  I don't want him to do that.

The cost comes mostly from the rental fee.  The cheapest place I could find was $40 an hour and we are throwing a 2 and 1/2 hour party with an hour and a half for decorating/ cleaning up.  I did $200 for food and cake and told them that I coupon the shit out of that the best I could to bring the price down.  And then $40 for invitations and a memory book for my mom.  

I think she really wants her siblings there, and so I feel like I am suddenly in the middle and like maybe my mom asked me because I can't say no to anyone.  

Ugh!

• Options
    Any tips on my cat....  she bites.  She has a split personality.... she's super sweet and in my face lovey and purring,  then she'll bite HARD when you're petting her the exact same way you were the millisecond before.  I've paid close attention to how she likes to be touched, and have come to the conclusion that she is fucking psycho.  She also gets spunky and playful and attacks W's legs.  I guess my main concern is how freaking hard she is biting.

She also licks All.Night.Long.  Slurp slurp gurgle slurp.  It is so disgusting, and I kick her out of the bedroom but we can't shut the door or she cries all night and wakes up W.

And she sheds huge chunks of hair, like 1,000 a day.  I know that's because we let her inside after she grew a winter coat. 

She's sort of a bitch.  Maybe she's retaliating for being named Stanley.  ETA:  I think she's so bitey because she has no front claws? 
    My cat does this too. He is very needy, but if I pet him too long or in the wrong spot he will bite the living shit out of me. 

For shedding, use this. It has teeth on it that go both directions so it pulls the undercoat out. You wouldn't believe how much hair comes out. https://www.sallybeauty.com/Mark-V-Comb-and-Lift/SBS-333002,default,pd.html#start=59&sz=60&viewAllProducts=true

• Options
    @amandad715 Congratulations! He's gorgeous and I love the name.

@MarisaKathleen So sorry that you fell. I cracked my tailbone giving birth to Emma, she was over 9 pounds, and it was the worst thing ever. I have all of the sympathy for you right now.

@BobKat22 Holy hell!!!!!!!!!! I hope you get everything all straightened out asap. Sorry that everything is crazy for you.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    I've noticed for the most part female cats are bitches. They are moody and usually keep themselves. We have 3 male cats and one of them does the same thing that Stanely does @tinyhumantoe. He's fine  when you're petting him then all of the sudden he makes this noise and he'll attack you. He's so damn strange. Thankfully he sleeps 22 out of 24 hours a day and leaves B alone.

• Options
    I use a calendar app on my phone and I also use a paper planner. I carry it in my purse and I bust it out when I'm checking for scheduling conflicts. You know, what a planner is for. My BIL's annoying fiance' shrieked with laughter when she saw it and wouldn't stop making fun of me for it. She says that no one uses a paper planner anymore because smart phones exist. I already think this chick is irritating, and worse than that, boring as hell, and now I'm stuck with her.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    @marisakathleen I hope your tailbone gets better quickly.  Luci kicked mine when she was fighting to stay in utero and it has never been the same since.  I hope much better things for you!

• Options
    Congrats @amandad715!!!! I love his name, and he is so cute! Awesome that you are feeling better than anticipated :)

@MarisaKathleen ouch! Tailbone pain is no joke. Hope you recover soon

@tinyhumantoe I am the same way in regards to DIYing everything. Your projects look awesome, though!! Great job!

Weekend was fairly uneventful. I spent Saturday with my oldest son near Chicago. We finally got to see the new Hunger Games movie. I was so emotional during the movie-- I cried like 4 times lol. No clue why. It was bizarre. He had a basketball game later that evening, so it was nice to watch him play. They lost because their coach is an asshat. That's about it for me!! 
  • Options
    @bobkat22 - That is insane!  Can you pay your tags online?  Then you can at least have confirmation that it's paid if you get pulled over.  I hope everyone is feeling better soon!  What an awful start to the week!

@jenndub - Apparently I'm out of it as well because I got a new planner for Christmas and am in love with it.  Yes, I also use my google calendar religiously, but I love having a nice paper planner. Clearly she doesn't understand what it's like to track schedules for a family of 6.  I can barely manage ours and I don't have kids in nearly as many activities as you do!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    jenndub said:
    I use a calendar app on my phone and I also use a paper planner. I carry it in my purse and I bust it out when I'm checking for scheduling conflicts. You know, what a planner is for. My BIL's annoying fiance' shrieked with laughter when she saw it and wouldn't stop making fun of me for it. She says that no one uses a paper planner anymore because smart phones exist. I already think this chick is irritating, and worse than that, boring as hell, and now I'm stuck with her.
    I just bought a paper planner because I am failing miserably with my smartphone. I can't wait to see if it helps. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    @jenndub I love paper planners and she sounds like she is insecure.  Who makes fun of someone for using a planner.  I have two smartphones, a google calendar and my outlook calendar, and I would still use a paper planner if I had remembered to purchase one yet!

• Options
    jenndub said:
    I just bought a paper planner because I am failing miserably with my smartphone. I can't wait to see if it helps. 
    I was just telling DH last weekend that I want a paper planner this year because my phone isn't cutting it for me. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Dude, my sofas are killing me.  I am opening the window.  I feel seriously sick.

@bobkat22 Holy mother of awful weekend.  I am so sorry!  Drive like a granny, but not too much so!

@jenndub After transitioning EVERYTHING to digital record, I am 150% convinced that some shit just needs to be hard copy.  It strains my brain too much to not have something physical for the important stuff. 

ETA:  Stanley Pickle Fuckhead needs her flea spot, but slithers all over me and my side of the bed.  I'm a few days late applying it because that cannot be good for me to be around.  Do fleas exist in the middle of winter? 

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    So, I hate telling people what to buy (or in this case not buy) our kids for gifts, but I did it anyway.  I sent an email to the grandparents about Brody's birthday and as nicely as possible tried to get the point across that we have too many freaking toys and he doesn't need more.

My step-mom just texted me saying that she's thinking about planning a zoo trip & class with Brody for his birthday gift.  Hallelujah!  I'm thrilled people are thinking a little more outside the box.  He will be more excited to get one on one time with his grandparents than a toy that he'll grow sick of.  Plus it'll also be a little more exciting than just $ for the college fund. 
    Have you guys done any of the zoo classes?  I have Nancy signed up for the bunny one on a Saturday in February.  I'm excited to go!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I've been so annoyed today. Poor G has no choice but to deal with me. I ate so much junk this weekend that I've had yogurt for breakfast and I'm in the process of choking down a salad for lunch. GTT test tomorrow. I'm sure I'll fail the 1 hour. The scale will probably just tell me to get off and go for a walk.

People are talking about packing hospital bags. There is still 3 months left! I am in denial.
  • Options
    @tinyhumantoe I LOVE your new sofas, I'm sorry that they're killing you.

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    So, I hate telling people what to buy (or in this case not buy) our kids for gifts, but I did it anyway.  I sent an email to the grandparents about Brody's birthday and as nicely as possible tried to get the point across that we have too many freaking toys and he doesn't need more.

My step-mom just texted me saying that she's thinking about planning a zoo trip & class with Brody for his birthday gift.  Hallelujah!  I'm thrilled people are thinking a little more outside the box.  He will be more excited to get one on one time with his grandparents than a toy that he'll grow sick of.  Plus it'll also be a little more exciting than just $ for the college fund. 
    Have you guys done any of the zoo classes?  I have Nancy signed up for the bunny one on a Saturday in February.  I'm excited to go!
    Yes!  They're awesome.  We did them all the time when we had one kid.  Last year we didn't do any, but this year, I'd like to sign them both up for some Saturday classes in the Spring/Summer.  We'll go and do the class, then spend a little time at the zoo afterwards.  

They do a great job keeping the young kids interested in the topic and moving from activity to activity so that they don't get bored.  Nancy will love it!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I feel like I barely brought anything to the hospital. I had someone packed at 38 weeks and just finished when I went in for the induction at 42. I'll probably have toiletries or something together a little earlier but not a bag packed.
  • Options
    We've also had two babies born. One was in the nicu 2 weeks before passing the other is doing well in the nicu.
  • Options
    I feel like I barely brought anything to the hospital. I had someone packed at 38 weeks and just finished when I went in for the induction at 42. I'll probably have toiletries or something together a little earlier but not a bag packed.
    I waited until the day the doctor told me, "You will have a baby in your arms by 5:00 pm tomorrow"

It worked out well for me....  And seriously, I would never have shaved my legs at the hospital, even if I would have had her vaginally.  Nope, not gonna do it!

• Options
    I think I brought a hair dryer to the hospital. I doubt they had one and my roots look blah if I don't blow dry them. I knew I would be in a bunch of pics and after James, we had a lot of visitors so I wanted to look somewhat put together. I probably also used a razor because I shave my pits every day. I know I brought one because I keep a travel toiletry bag packed all the time for business travel and if I had it, I'm sure I used it.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I brought a hair dryer because of my bangs and a razor for my pits, but fawk the legs.  It felt good to shower and feel good and put on some blush.  Other than that?  Carseat, baby outfit, two pair of maternity yoga pants, nursing bras, a sweater, and a robe.  And electronics. 

Sorry, I'm trying to make my list now hahaha.  I really want to bring a tiny bottle of champagne :p

ETA:  I will probably have DH put my pillow and quilt in the car in case I decide to be a diva.  If I remember correctly, the pillow is essentially a pillow case over a piece of cardboard. 

And maybe I'll bring some snacks.  The cafeteria closes after dinner hours.  I had W after 8pm after not eating for 2 days.  I had 1,000 people there so they got me McDonalds, but hopefully nobody will be here this time. 

• Options

I brought a razor for my pits not my legs. I'm not going to contort myself in a hopsital shower. I did bring  my own blowdryer because my hair was short and if I didn't blowdry it I'd look like a white girl version of Tina Turner.

I remember packing minimal make up, 2 PJ's, slippers, my own pillow, hoodie, and the baby's seat and clothes for going home. There's no need for a stroller. What the hell?

• Options
    I am pretty sure what to pack in my bag for the hospital was one of the first questions I asked S12 because I had no clue and my sister and mom were no help whatsoever.

• Options
    Oh Duh, just remembered.  I packed my bag the morning we went to the hospital.  I had a list and threw the shit in the bag.  The shit I took is shit I wear every day, so I'm not packing it away. 

I think I'll do that this time because I had massive contractions from 11am Day 1 to 630am Day 2 until I finally hit the 4-1-1 and went to the hospital.  Got to the hospital at 7am and had W at like 830pm. 

I think I have some time with the way my body works, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"