June 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options

But I have to say - even though I occasionally DO let LO watch TV (Usually when I am on a super time crunch and have to do something but his usual toys aren't doing the trick), I feel super guilty about it. 

See, right there is an example, I felt like I had to justify letting him watch TV... for myself, not even anyone reading.  

I never feel good about it, but try not to beat myself up, either.  So, I guess I can't argue too hard with you, @mrsmountainmama. I get where you are coming from.

image        image

• Options

It was just an unfortunate choice of words. There are many things that parents can do to be criticized as being lazy and irresponsible, I just don't see TV as being one of them. Ironically enough, I think that most parents take advantage of that time to do other things that need to get done that could take attention away from their LO.

I think y'all are probably right...which is why I said I couldn't quite put my finger on my thoughts about it.
    Lol, I've done that before. No worries here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for being understanding ladies of J14. I had my judgey pants on last night.

• Options
    Yes...I'm an asshole. Apologies.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @KatCameBack‌ is that Dana in Alice's apt, the last gif? Love.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options

@KatCameBack‌ is that Dana in Alice's apt, the last gif? Love.

It is! Nice gif spotting!
  • Options
    jmar2011 said:

@KatCameBack‌

I friggin heart you

Ps here is a baby worshipping you

That spirit baby gif is amazing! You know I got nothing but love for you and the P'ster! ☺️
  • Options
    My mom, who is a school psychologist, will call me to tell her how to turn the cable on. She thinks it is better for language development to have the tv on in the background. Otherwise it is just her alone talking to dd when she babysits.

I don't think dd can make it long enough through any tv show to make me feel guilty about being irresponsible.

Being with my LO rocks! DD born 6/13/14.
  • Options
    I've been a long time lurker since the 8 week mark of June 14. I just got up the nerve to intro myself a week or two ago roughly. I am glad I logged in today. I never said much of anything because someone else usually said it better. I needed a bit of this sarcasm today to help lift me up. Just remember People say dumb things or don't choose their words wisely. We are all moms proving the struggle is real. Whichever method we decide is best for our families.
    Here is my Flame Free Confession. I am actually pretty terrified to admit my confession. Once I do it becomes real. I'm pretty sure I will be signing up for August 15 board. I don't need to pee on a stick to understand what my body is telling me. I'm terrified to pee on that damn stick...I have a baby that sleep is not in the cards for. He doesn't nap really or sleep at night. My husband is loosing his patience. Someone asked if we would have another and he said something along the lines of being committed.
    Sooooo the struggle is real inside my little head. My Birth Control was not prepared for this swimmer or egg to prove to be a UFC fighter refusing to be taken down. I need to take a deep breath and pee on that stick. However I feel like a scared kid. Not the step mom to a cool 9 year old boy, and the mom to my sweet boy that has the best smile. I'm like a kid terrified I'm going to be grounded...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"