October 2014 Moms
Options

//Sunday Randoms\\

Morning ladies!! Whatcha got going on today?

Re: //Sunday Randoms\\

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @crawford411‌ I hope your H feels better!
  • Options
    @mickeydoo‌ That is adorable!!
  • Options
    Wow, PW.

PSA- I got an email today that Milk nursing wear is having a sale. They have one really cute shirt for only $9.99. I just bought it in all three colors. Check it out!

https://www.milknursingwear.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=11
  • Options
    hecklethecklet member
    edited December 2014
    My husband is busy preparing the smoker and chicken already at 8am while I am enjoying cuddles in bed with DS. Making Christmas cookies today and heading to our nephews Christmas program this evening!

@MRSclarke08‌ love the family picture- it's adorable!
  • Options
    Lots of luck @erawka‌!

Today we have 2 family Christmases to make it to. Please baby be good!
    January Snow Fail

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I hate giving infants oral medication. That is all.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Day 3 of my cold. DH is going to get bfast from our fave diner and bring it home for me. Had so much on my to do list but I predict not much will be accomplished today. Good thing there's only 2 days of work this week
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Good luck @erawka‌

@cmac6186‌ Love tit for the breakfast. I hope you feel better soon. 

@SPurp13‌ I had a few of those when I was pregnant. My ex is gross and I felt so dirty when I woke up.
  • Options
    sabby2 said:
    Rectal acetaminophen. It sounds scary but is eleventy billion times easier than oral. Feverall brand is 80 mg which is appropriate for most infants. Trying to get DD to take oral meds is like trying to get a badger to take oral meds.

If only there were rectal Benadryl and Motrin for kids and antibiotics...I'd be set.
  • Options
    MrsL2B said:

We took The Screamer to a neighbor's Christmas party last night, and he did great. I only had one awkward depressive moment when someone asked me if I'd ever imagined that I'd feel so much love for someone else. I muttered that we were kind of still working on that, which probably wasn't the best thing to say, but thankfully she was too busy trying to coax a smile out of him to really hear me. Bonus: he did smile for her.

It pisses me off when people say that. I'm doing much better, and I'd rather die myself than have anything happen to her, but I've always had a hard time identifying feelings of love. I knew my husband was the one very early in our relationship but it wasn't until years later that I felt desperate overwhelming love. It was like my brain said "he's the one, but take your time." I guess since I don't want anything bad to happen to her, that's love? I just have a hard time knowing what to feel.
  • Options
    apk4 said:

Good luck @erawka‌

@cmac6186‌ Love tit for the breakfast. I hope you feel better soon. 

@SPurp13‌ I had a few of those when I was pregnant. My ex is gross and I felt so dirty when I woke up.
    I never dream about my husband. It's always my first ex. This dream was the most awful ex, though. So my dreams decided to shake things up.
  • Options

DH woke me at 7am to try to have sex. I turned him down because sleep. Now he is all pouty. Dude, your birthday isn't until tomorrow. Chill.

Are you in my house?! Except the birthday thing.
    ::two chest pumps and a peace sign for Jenn:: ~ MrsJudgeyPants 

This is legal advice. Circa 2011 image
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

sabby2 said:

I have a binky that has a thing attached for medicine! I also have a binky thermometer.
    I've seen those. Have you tried it yet? Did you like it? Fortunately (unfortunately perhaps since sick kids), as a nurse I've given kiddos lots if medicine so the technique is there. They just fight you and then spit it everywhere and everything gets sticky.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    erawka said:

DH woke me at 7am to try to have sex. I turned him down because sleep. Now he is all pouty. Dude, your birthday isn't until tomorrow. Chill.

Yeah. If I was sleeping soundly and DH woke me for any reason other than baby crying or house on fire it would probably not end well.

FFSC? I've been cleared for 3 weeks and we still haven't DTD. Neither of us seems particularly motivated. Pregnancy is not imminent.
    Totally agree. DH knows waking me for that wouldn't end well for him. Especially now with no sleep happening.

• Options
    sabby2 said:

SPurp13 said:

sabby2 said:

I have a binky that has a thing attached for medicine! I also have a binky thermometer.
    I've seen those. Have you tried it yet? Did you like it? Fortunately (unfortunately perhaps since sick kids), as a nurse I've given kiddos lots if medicine so the technique is there. They just fight you and then spit it everywhere and everything gets sticky.
    No because I forgot about having it. Next time we give her gripe water I'll try it.
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:
    We took The Screamer to a neighbor's Christmas party last night, and he did great. I only had one awkward depressive moment when someone asked me if I'd ever imagined that I'd feel so much love for someone else. I muttered that we were kind of still working on that, which probably wasn't the best thing to say, but thankfully she was too busy trying to coax a smile out of him to really hear me. Bonus: he did smile for her.
    It pisses me off when people say that. I'm doing much better, and I'd rather die myself than have anything happen to her, but I've always had a hard time identifying feelings of love. I knew my husband was the one very early in our relationship but it wasn't until years later that I felt desperate overwhelming love. It was like my brain said "he's the one, but take your time." I guess since I don't want anything bad to happen to her, that's love? I just have a hard time knowing what to feel.
    I definitely don't feel the oxytocin surges that I identify with love.
  • Options
    MrsL2B said:

SPurp13 said:

MrsL2B said:

I definitely don't feel the oxytocin surges that I identify with love.

I don't know if I've ever felt that, or if I can. I'm on a lot of medication now, but I've only not been on medication for about one out of the last 10 years. I feel like they help with bad feelings, but dampen the good ones, too.
  • Options
    SSFC2014 said:

My body is so sore today. I fell getting out of a chair with Kasey last night. He fell onto the ottoman and I hit the floor and my body made some interesting noises.

Are you ok, lady?!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    So I've mentioned my separation anxiety about DD and that I tried talking to MIL about it. Well last night I let them take her to church which is a huge step for me. I told them to text me when they got home because I was going to stress out about it the entire time. FIL goes she'll be fine, I go I know she'll be fine but she's my baby and I worry. MIL then goes what are you going to do when she's 13? It took everything I had to not TP her. It pissed me off soooooooo much
  • Options

Also DS doesn't fit in his Bumbo anymore because his legs are too fat.

@windwithfingers‌
    That's crazy! DS is a tight fit too but I attributed that to his big fluffy butt with cloth diapering. And they aren't even supposed to be used until around 3 months, right?
  • Options
    MuffinMom14MuffinMom14 member
    edited December 2014
    My MIL is buying presents for my BIL and SIL to give us. She does this every year. I told her not to bother, and next year, we aren't buying anything for them. It's not fair that we spend money and they don't. She kept saying, "but he's a guy." So is my husband!

I finally told her that I'm really pissed that they promised to be here to see the baby and they not only didn't show, but they haven't even so much as Facebook commented or sent a text since she was born. It felt good to say that, but she did defend them a little.

My SIL is an excommunicated Jehova's Witness. So she always gets a pass, yet she accepts presents, just won't buy them. That's not cool with me. Don't half participate. And she was kicked out of the church and married a Catholic. I don't understand. Plus, her being a Jehova's Witness shouldn't be stopping her from texting or Facebook commenting congratulations.

My BIL was awesome until he married her. She is the most self absorbed person, and it had nothing to do with being a JW. She just sucks. I've never wanted two people to get divorced more in my life.

Why do we have to pay for shit and they don't? Why don't they feel shitty about this? Particularly her, because women just know things?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"