March 2015 Moms
Options

Is anyone else depressed?

I hate being pregnant. I've gotten soo fat. My boyfriend doesn't even have sex with me anymore because he just doesn't get excited. He used to be so attracted to me. My back hurts. I can't sleep. I feel lazy and have headaches and am really depressed all the time. I know... A lot of complaints. Am I the only one that feels this way? I hear people talk about how they love being pregnant... It makes me want to puke. I want my third trimester to be better. I've gotta makes some changes. Is anyone else going through this? Any suggestions??

Re: Is anyone else depressed?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm depressed you didn't use the search engine or read through any other threads.
  • Options
    Maybe a little rainbow?
  • Options
    The problem I have with the OP is her post sounds more like whining than an actual problem. It was all superficial complaints.
    If anyone struggles with depression and bad self-image issues, then they really need to seek help from a professional and get a more supportive SO than the one she's got. Just my opinion.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It is sad that a drive by poster has caused such strife between long time, active M15 members. We are all entitled to our opinions, and none is more correct than any other.
    I'll reiterate what I said before, if she truly is depressed and not just complaining...then she needs to seek professional help.
    I've had a long road myself with professional counseling and it helped me tremendously.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You're right that I don't even know if she's really dealing with depression. In this context, it really sounded like she was exaggerating leading me to assume as such.
  • Options

mwerren said:

It is sad that a drive by poster has caused such strife between long time, active M15 members. We are all entitled to our opinions, and none is more correct than any other.
    I'll reiterate what I said before, if she truly is depressed and not just complaining...then she needs to seek professional help.
    I've had a long road myself with professional counseling and it helped me tremendously.

If that is what you truly think, you did a good job of hiding it with your first response to the OP.
    I'm sorry you're feeling strife, but I don't care if a person has been here for six months or six seconds, if they are acting an ass, then they are acting an ass.
    Wow really with the name calling??
    *sigh*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Out of curiosity I looked up OP's past posts and the previous thread she posted was the one where she was asking about boy's names including Cohen.  When she was told that the use of that name could be offensive to some she responded by saying she didn't care if it was offensive or not.  I realize this has nothing to do with the issues she is dealing with now but she did not come off very well in her previous interactions here.  She also made a pretty asinine statement about circumcision.  

I understand what you're saying, but this stuff was looked up about her after the fact. Trust me I love the snark train, I really do, but telling someone who is talking about depression to go barf to make themselves feel better, man, we can do better than that.
    Who told her to barf?? I don't see that in any of the previous replies

And you quoted my remark and referred to it as acting like an ass...so that is a name calling.

Whatever...this is thread is going in a totally ugly tangent and I won't be a part of its further demise.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lawsonellislawsonellis member
    edited December 2014
    What triggered my snark was that she listed a laundry list of vague issues- stated she needed to make "some changes", and then asked for suggestions and/advice and experience.

To me, all of us at some point have experienced much of what she's voiced to a small or large degree. I don't know exactly what kind of help she's expecting in regards to changes without being either 1) more specific or 2) coming back to respond.

I get that if she's truly depressed then our responses may discourage her participation, but having struggled with serious depression for much of my life that post didn't sound like what I'm used to. I also know that depression takes different forms for everyone and I don't think we should belittle it- I lost both my mother and ex boyfriend to suicide.

Looking back, I probably could've held back until I was CERTAIN it was AW- but we haven't heard back yet either so again, I'm skeptical of the asking for help.
  • Options
    mwerren said:

mwerren said:

If that is what you truly think, you did a good job of hiding it with your first response to the OP.
    I'm sorry you're feeling strife, but I don't care if a person has been here for six months or six seconds, if they are acting an ass, then they are acting an ass.
    *sigh*

Nobody called anyone a name.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

mwerren said:

mwerren said:

*sigh*

Nobody called anyone a name.
    I believe she's referring to Toaster's comment: "if they are acting an ass, then they are acting an ass."
    Exactly. It's well established on the board that saying " acting like X" is NOT violating TOU with name calling. The rule isn't malleable just because someone is having a hissy and can't take disagreement without a tantrum.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ok well my crack about the stomach flu was supposed to be funny after I gave her some real advice... OP I don't think you should really go puke. I do think you should try the other things I mentioned, though.

(seriously though a week of the flu did get me back on track weight-wise, which is funny to me -- OP hope that didn't come off badly to you & if so I'm sorry)
  • Options
    I'm not even getting involved in this discussion about real vs fake depression but I LOVE that people spoke their minds and stood up for what they believe in regardless of WHO was saying it; newb, regular, etc. and as someone who had struggled with infertility I will never be able to get behind someone being so negative about a process that is bringing you a miracle many wish for and never get; pregnancy can suck but you knew that before you got pregnant and if you weren't prepared to deal with the less glamorous parts of becoming a mom then maybe you should have thought twice before getting pregnant.
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• Options
    Today I listened to Christmas songs and ate a beef gordita from Taco Bell. That made me feel a little better. Maybe you can do the same.
  • Options

Aeml1985 said:

I'm not even getting involved in this discussion about real vs fake depression but I LOVE that people spoke their minds and stood up for what they believe in regardless of WHO was saying it; newb, regular, etc. and as someone who had struggled with infertility I will never be able to get behind someone being so negative about a process that is bringing you a miracle many wish for and never get; pregnancy can suck but you knew that before you got pregnant and if you weren't prepared to deal with the less glamorous parts of becoming a mom then maybe you should have thought twice before getting pregnant.

This shit is exactly what I was talking about, and why people with depression brought on by pregnancy get dangerously ignored. Because if you dare complain that if you feel awful and sad, someone will come at you using their experience like a weapon to try to shame you. It's like the lady on The Knot who used to use her breast cancer to nastily shut down anyone who tried to share a problem they were having. They were never allowed to have a shitty day because she survived cancer.
    I don't see this as what she was doing. Maybe it's because I feel the same that she does. This isn't about the Pain Olympics. I, personally, cannot bring myself to complain about any of the negative experiences that I've come across during pregnancy since I know how much I went through and others have gone through for this. On the other hand, I can also appreciate that my experience (outside of having anxiety related to being pgal) has been relatively easy and that others have it much more difficult. But because I can't relate to OP I typically opt to not respond.

That being said just as people are having difficult pregnancies and complaining about them, people had difficult journey's to get here and are choosing not to complain about pregnancy.
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • Options
    I find it very sad that people are being so negative and mean to a woman who is just being honest about how she feels. We should encourage positive behavior not make someone feel worse. If you're feeling bad about your body (which is normal when you gain weight for any reason) make an effort to be more active. I still exercise weekly when I'm up to it and eat healthy. When you eat fresh fruits and vegetables you're going to feel better and more positive.
  • Options
    StowerBabyStowerBaby member
    edited December 2014
    Everyone needs to start being more supportive of eachother. We have the most important job in the world ahead of us. Stop being negative and bitchy to eachother. Only leave advice that is supportive. Every pregnancy is different and we need to be respectful of eachother. I am absolutely shocked and appalled with some of the responses in some of these posts. Treat others how you would like to be treated and stop trying to find things to bitch about.
  • Options
    I'm joining the April baby month you guys are mean
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"