TTC after 35
Options

Taking the plunge here to announce a *BFP*! **UPDATED 12/19**

RadiantlyRadiantly member
edited December 2014 in TTC after 35
Holy shit you guys. Yea. Me! It's a hanukah miracle!  :-j

I took a FRER yesterday (12DPO) first pee and it had a teeny faint pink line.!! I had kept looking at it for 2 minutes and it was nothing, as per usual (the last 12+ months)... then I looked back and there it was, a squinter. I took it out to my husband who had been sleeping on the couch in his robe b/c he was getting over a cold, and showed it to him.  We were happy but cautious... I wanted to give it another day to make sure it got darker.

Later in the day yesterday I did a digital CB and it was negative.  After googling I learned that digitals are less sensitive and it's common to need a few days post- faint line FRER.  

So this morning I did another FRER and it was positive again!  Cue relief and joy.  My husband and I lay in bed watching it change and compared it to yesterday, definitely darker.  We actually called our moms on speaker because they have been so patient... we're both older (I'm 37 he is 41) and first children so our parents are in their late 60s-mid 70s and dying to be grandparents.  We wanted them to know.  I also told 2 co-workers that have been with me every step of the way thru TTC, and my best friend last night at dinner.  All of the above because if we lose it I would want to have their support. 

Oh you guys this is such a relief, I had my new years resolution back in Jan that we would get pregnant this year and it seems my wish came true!!!

For those of you taking notes, my chart is attached.  Looks like we BD'ed on -4, -2 and -1 (as well as +1, 2, 3, and 6 for good measure!)

My symptoms have been:  
No implantation bleeding or symptoms
10DPO Monday boobs sore
11 DPO Tuesday boobs sore, tired, lower back ache (like I get with my heavy flows of AF)
12 DPO Weds boobs sore, some sharp pains in boobs, lower back ache and ravenously hungry
13 DPO Thurs (today) boobs sore, backache, Period-like sensation in my soft tissue down there, maybe some minor twinges?

I'm going to my RE tomorrow for blood test and then I guess I have to find an OB.  I don't have one!

You all know how awesome you all are and supportive, and really you have saved me in this difficult process of TTC.  I'm not going away and will now OMG be part of the graduation class, this is surreal that I'm typing this. WTF!  I'm at work and can't focus on anything else.

I am definitely rooting for all of the Christmas BFPs, you can do it!!

I highly recommend Circle & Bloom fertility meditations, I think the subliminal visualizations really helped me b/c I would be falling asleep listening to her soft voice telling me what was going on as if I am getting pregnant.

Please can I have fun gifs? I never figured out how to do them myself.  THANK YOU!!!!

*Edited to say that I posted on the weekly update yesterday and didn't mention my early morning BFP, I didn't quite believe it yet and wanted to have one last "normal TTC" post. xo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 12/19

I just got the call from the nurse, she said those amazing words, "Congratulations, You're Pregnant!" :) 
I go in on Tuesday 12/23 for my beta. 
Thank you for the prayers.
xoxo
TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
Seriously considering IVF in March/April
12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 

Re: Taking the plunge here to announce a *BFP*! **UPDATED 12/19**

• Options
    yay @Radiantly!!!! I'm so so so excited for you! I suck at finding entertaining gifs, so I'll leave that to the experts, but yay!!!!!!
  • Options
    I had a feeling!!!  I knew you were going to get it!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!  CONGRATS!! Happy Dance!!!! H&H 9 months!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So excited for you! Congratulations!
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    hooligans4hooligans4 member
    edited December 2014
    OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
    Woo hoo for Oing on your good side. I just wanted to wish you a big fat congrats!!!!!
    I'm going to go to the computer after lunch and give you some GIFS.
    I'm going to miss my fellow islander.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Congratulations!  I'm so excited for you!
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Options
    Woooohooo! Congrats!! May this be the first of a slew of holiday BFPs!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!! So happy For you! What a great way to start the holiday :-) Yay!
  • Options
    Congrats. H&H 9 months to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I don't know how to GIF either but @Radiantly I am sooo happy for you.  Congratulations girl!  Prayers for you and your baby!!  : )
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OMG I AM SO EXCITED AND YES I AM YELLING! Wonderful news!
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    OMG. Congrats. I'm so very happy for you. I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!  I hope you have a wonderful 9!
    • Bad Girls All Star Battle Bgasb animated GIF
  • Options
    I am so happy for you @Radiantly! :)  A very very happy and healthy 9 months to you!  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Lurking to say CONGRATS!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    YAY!!!!!!!

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Congratulations!!! So wonderful for you!!! What a great way to end the year and start a new year! A Happy and HEALTHY 9 months!
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    URMySunshine77vh2014kelley72Nikolie93!
    I will check in and update here once I get my first blood results tomorrow... fx
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Options
    I have my FX as well :)
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Congrats!!!

• Options
    lol the Colbert GIF @kelley72
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  H&H 9 months!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Congrats!! What a winderful way to close out the year!!
    (Love all the gifs, ladies...cracking up at my desk!)
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Congratulations! A happy and healthy 9 months to you!
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Congratulations that's awesome news!!! Enjoy your Christmas!!

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    its way past lunch but here are your GIFs.  I hope for good betas tomorrow.  

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Don't know why this one didn't post with the others.  

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Yea! Congrats!
    I remember your psychic visit as August being a big month for you too! Please send me her info ;)
  • Options
    Congrats! Enjoy every moment of it!
    {Age 36 TTC Baby #2}

• Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!
  • Options
    **lurking...to say yay!!! Congrats! Happy for you!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Yay!!! So happy for you!!!
  • Options
    CONGRATS!   I am so happy for you!  What a wonderful holiday present!!!!!!!!
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Options
    Awesome news! Congratulations!!!!!
  • Options
    YEAH! Congrats!  So exciting!
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED