January 2015 Moms
Options

Who's at the delivery?

2»

Re: Who's at the delivery?

• Options
    I just wanted to say that with my first, I was in the hospital for 24 hours before he was born. My parents stopped by a few times to bring food for my (now ex) and a slurpee for me. They also gave him a chance to go get dinner without leaving me alone. I had a rough labour the first time. I ended up with a c-section and I had told everyone way ahead of time that if I had a c-section I didn't want anyone to see the baby before me. I had a general and delivered just before midnight so they stayed until they knew I was ok then went home and came back the next day. I didn't meet my son until about 4 hours after he was born.
  • Options
    Just my husband. To me it is an intimate moment that I just want to share with my DH. I don't think we will let anyone know until the baby is born. I just don't like the pressure of knowing people are "waiting". My mom will be the only one who will know when we go to the hospital because she will be caring for DD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is our first and I will have my mom and DH in the room with me. He is perfectly fine with that, I asked him if it would be a problem and he didn't care.  Maybe if you sit down with your DH and explain to him how important it is to you to have your mom and sister there he will understand.
  • Options
    My fiance will be with me during the labor and pushing process. He knows how to calm me down more than anyone else. I just hope he does okay if I get nauseus ( he has a weak stomach). We agreed to allow both of our mothers in with us to welcome baby girl into the world. My dad and oldest sister are planning to assist with watching my 2 boys during this time then bringing them up to meet their baby sister after she is born. As far as any visitors we are stressing that anyone with colds or been exposed to the flu needs to stay away until they are 110% in the clear. And visitors may pop in after we have had our time to bond with baby girl and boys have had time to bond with baby sister.
  • Options
    For us it will just be my hub and I. Personally, we feel like it is a very special moment for the two of us to share together. The official starting of our family. While we hope our families will be at or come to the hospital after lo arrives to share the news and excitment with us, I personally feel it is a special moment for new mommy and daddy to experience. Having said that, what is right for me may not be right for you! But I do understand where your hub is coming from and I do not think it is fair of your mom and sister to be upset by that. Perhaps a compromise could be them in the room up until it come time for the pushing? Good luck, try not to stress.
  • Options
    My plan is for it to be just me and the hubbs through the whole labor. After Rocco is born a phone call will be made to everyone. My husbands two kids (my step kids) will be the first to meet him. My family will come later and my husbands parents will come later, my sister in law and nephews will visit at home a few days after we are all settled. I have told them, my inlaws, several times as to our wishes and emailed them as well. They are the type of people that have absolutely no regard for other people, it is all about them at all times. This time it is all about me, the baby, my hubbs, and my step kids. They will just have to deal. Call me mean but oh well.
  • Options
    I always pictured DH and my Mom there, but my Mom is 1000 miles away, so I have been prepared for it to just be DH and me.  However, DH basically panics at the very idea of being there alone during L&D, so he begged my Mom to catch the next flight down as soon as I go into labor.  

So it really depends on a lot whether or not she'll make it in time - there's no direct flights, so if I go into labor after 3pm, she can't get a flight until the next morning at 5am and would arrive by 11am to the airport that is 20 minutes from my hospital.  So, we'll see if she makes it in time.  I'm prepared for it to be just DH and me, but hopefully she can make it!  DH even wants her to cut the cord - he turns pale at the very idea of it, and when I suggest the doctor could just do it, he insists it should be my Mom.

And if we change our minds and decide to ask her to wait in the waiting room at any point, she wouldn't hold it against us for a minute.  She plans to leave immediately after birth and go grab food for us so we have time to bond with the baby alone.

Most important for us is who we tell when I go into labor.  I don't want texts and calls to deal with while laboring!  We've agreed that (obviously) my parents are the first to know that I'm in labor. We'll also have to tell friends who have agreed to come to our house and pick up our dog, and DH will have to tell his work. Otherwise, no one will know until after baby arrives!
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards