December 2014 Moms
Options

Favorite Pregnant Food

Shortstack06Shortstack06 member
edited November 2014 in December 2014 Moms
So my husband sent me a link to the 20 most craved foods by pregnant women. So I included a few to see what the consensus is across the board (and we all love clicky polls).
D14 - Free For All
In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

Favorite Pregnant Food 198 votes

Ice Cream
21% 43 votes
Salty Foods
18% 37 votes
Chocolate
18% 37 votes
Spicy Foods
10% 20 votes
Lemon
4% 8 votes
Ice
4% 9 votes
Pickles
2% 4 votes
Juice
3% 7 votes
SS
16% 33 votes

Re: Favorite Pregnant Food

• Options
    SS: Fresh fruit! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All of the above all the time.
  • Options
    I said chocolate. But chocolate is always my favorite, pregnant or not.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Carbs. All the pasta, potatoes, and rice.
  • Options
    SS: sorbet has been the constant this whole time

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    How is pizza not an option?  I picked spicy food, but that would be my second choice after pizza. I was also obsessed with popsicles, but that seems to have gone away now that the weather has cooled off.
  • Options
    Salty foods, spicy foods, chocolate... all the carbs. I'd say sushi, Mexican (yes to the guac), chicken wings, cheeseburgers, and fresh fruit (especially raspberries).
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Lemon everything. I made like a million pans of lemon bars this pregnancy and every chance I get I order a lemony dessert. I've never liked lemon this much before lol
    I went through a fresh lemonade phase in first tri. It was ridiculous, I would go through Wendy's just for a large one.
    D14 - Free For All

• Options
    I could live on spaghetti, potatoes and chocolate. I would be a freaking house, but a happy house.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Where the fuck is my salami!? 
    As soon as I saw you posted, I was like shit fuck I forgot salami.
    D14 - Free For All

• Options
    Mashed potatoes. Who would have thought someone could be so enthusiastic about mashed potatoes?
  • Options
    All the grapefruit juice. All of it. And pretty much anything else citrusy

• Options
    First trimester was fruit, second trimester was donuts, and third so far is carrots (WTF?)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First tri= spicy food and meat. Lots of hot sauce on breakfast burritos. Second tri= lemonade and cheeseburgers. Third tri= cranberry juice
  • Options
    This whole pregnancy for me has been all about eggs. I can't get enough eggs. Doesn't matter how they're made. I had the same craving with DD but only during the first tri. This time it's the whole pregnancy. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Options
    ebl2 said:

This whole pregnancy for me has been all about eggs. I can't get enough eggs. Doesn't matter how they're made. I had the same craving with DD but only during the first tri. This time it's the whole pregnancy. 

Exact opposite here, I can't even look at them
  • Options
    SS salad
  • Options
    1st tri: carbs and cheese, 2nd tri: fresh fruit, 3rd tri: pastries!

D14 December Siggy- Free For all:

Christmas holidays quotes

• Options
    @stormygrace‌ , me too with the Chinese food. I think I overdid it in the first tri since I was so wiped out and it was convenient. Now it just grosses me out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SS nachos and froot loops.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 5/17/12 EDD 1/26/13 no hb @ 8w6d natural mc 11w6d 7/13/12 
             BFP #2 1/1/13 EDD 9/11/13 Isabelle Diane born on 9/17/13 7lbs 1oz 20in.
    BFP #3 4/3/2014 EDD 12/10/14 William David born on 12/8/14 7 lbs 10 oz 20in.
  • Options
    SS: Carbonation. Alllll the drinks with carbonation
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     image   image 
  • Options
    Hard to pick between chocolate and ice cream...maybe chocolate ice cream would have been my choice!

BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I couldn't get enough steak and baked potatoes! In fact, I could eat it right now, lol
  • Options
    SS I don't think I can truly say I craved anything. In fact it takes me forever to figure out what I want for lunch every day, cause I just don't know. It's been weird lol
  • Options
    APPLES DAMN IT!!!

I also love ice, spicy food, ice cream, cake, and I'm diggin steak fajitas too with sour cream.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Carbs are mah lifeeee!
    Mashed potatoes with lots of gravy!
    And then mixing corn in with it with some Cajun seasoning sprinkled on! And some red beans and rice extra spicy and maybe a drum stick or two. Also extra spicy. And a bisquit.......
    Damn now I gotta drive to Popeyes.
  • Options
    My cravings have changed a lot. The first part of the pregnancy I was all about juice, then it was chocolate milk, and now salty.
  • Options
    Fresh fruit & cereal.  I think I like the cereal so much because it's something I don't have to cook.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First tri: I didn't have cravings because the thought of food made me nauseous.

Second tri: carbonated drinks (love my soda stream), spicy foods, sushi, cereal (cocoa crispies) and milk

Third tri: all about the ice and this week fresh lemons, either just the lemon or squeezed over veggies and salad
  • Options
    Ice cream, cookies, donuts, cake, pie.... all of the sweets!! And milk I so want milk ALL THE TIME!

Nothing like the lactose intolerant mothership chugging down gallons of milk and generally I am a salty/spicy lover instead of sweets. I have totally been hijacked!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I picked SS because for me it changes daily or weekly. For a few weeks I craved mozzarella sticks, then for awhile I could've eaten pizza daily, I've been on a raspberry lemonade kick for months too.
  • Options
    All food all the time :)
  • Options
    What I *want* to eat is unfortunately not the same as what I have been able to eat. I want to eat super spicy, old school, homemade Thai food that my mom made for me growing up. Instead? I have been eating mashed potatoes, baked squash, and other super simple meals. All the acid and nausea keeps me from straying too far away from stuff on the bland side. I do indulge in chips and donuts, though. ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My cravings went from strongly salty to now also wanting all of the baked goods. Pasta with marinara sauce, mozzarella, and red pepper flakes has been a constant 'yes' food. I honestly think I could have it every night.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• Options
    pinklepoppinklepop member
    edited November 2014
    SS: GUMMY BEARS. I don't get it. So random.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Bagels with loads of cream cheese, and also pizza! I'm like a ninja turtle with pizza lol
  • Options
    BURGERS. GIMME ALL THE BURGERS. I wasn't a big beef fan before pregnancy.
  • Options
    I've been really particular with my cravings --- I've dreamt about a goat cheese scramble (scrambled eggs with goat cheese, chicken sausage, tomatoes, and chives) with a side of french toast from an awesome little breakfast place nearby. I've been eating there at least twice a week the entire pregnancy. It's SO good. mmmmmm
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"