Infertility
Options

Mixing Del Estrogen and PIO during FET cycle??

I searched and was surprised to not see any discussion on this.

My Question: During your cycle, have you mixed your Del E and your PIO into one injection on those days when you have to take both? I've been doing some research on this before I ask my RE and nurse tomorrow, but also wanted to do a pulse check here. I did separate injections this past Saturday, and it wasn't bad, but if I could do them in one injection that would be more convenient. 

My main concern would be formulation compatibility since the Del E and PIO are in different oils (castor vs sesame). Also, I don't know how compatible the active drugs are with the opposing oil. I'm not trying to screw up the efficacy of my dose, so if they don't mix, they stay separate!!

Thanks in advance for any responses! :)

Re: Mixing Del Estrogen and PIO during FET cycle??

• Options
    Hmm good question. I have never done estrogen injections, just patches and pills so thankfully the only shots are the PIO. Not that they're awesome but at least it's only one. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    BrideJackie11BrideJackie11 member
    edited November 2014
    ***siggy warning***

I was on both and never mixed them.  The delestrogen was twice a week and the PIO was nightly.  Good thought on putting them in the same syringe.  Not sure of the answer.

<Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married June 2011 Dx: anovulatory due to prolactinoma (1.5cmx 1.5cm in 2006)
    April 2012: MRI- questionable cyst 8mg by 12mm in pituitary ; referred to RE by Ob-gyn after amenorrhea x 4+ months, provera ineffective, low estrogen level
    cycle 1: May 2012, clomid 50mg; cycle cancelled, thin lining, no response
    cycle 2: June 2012, femara 5mg; cycle cancelled, no response
    cycle 3: July 2012, femara 7.5mg; cycle cancelled (largest folli on Cd12 & cd 16: 11, lining 4)
    Repeat MRI July 25,2012- Cyst unchanged, likely old infarction.
    Aug. 8: met with RE, move to injectables if HSG and SA normal
    Aug. 23: HSG all clear; DH- perfect
    Switched to a new RE in early Sept. IVF here we come
    Genetic testing reveals: Fragile X- Intermediate risk/grey zone.
    IVF#1: ER 11/30: 14 retrieved, 10 mature, 7 fertilized. E2 prior to trigger 5200. Decision made to freeze 6 embryos and transfer later due to OHSS.
    IVF#1.2/FET #1: estrogen injects start 1/18, FET delayed to try to thicken lining. lining 5.4mm. FET- 2/18- transferred one 3AA expanded blast. BFP 5dp5dt. Beta #1- 2/27 9dp5dt- 102.27 beta #2 3/1: 147 :(, beta #3 3/4: 268 told to stop meds and let nature take its course. requested 4th beta (3/6); Beta hell for 2 months.

FET # 2: endometrial scratch 5/6, added estrace vaginally and ASA to delestrogen and PIO. June 10- transferred one 4AA hatched embryo, BFP 4dp6dt, Beta 1 (9dp6dt) 187, Beta 2 (11dp6dt): 412; Beta 3 (15dp6dt ): 4452. U/S #1- one beautiful embryo with a heartbeat of 133 at 7 weeks.  8 weeks: heartbeat 156. EDD 2/26/2014: born 2-3-14 induced due to Pre-E and HELLP at 36w5d.

12/1: met with RE to discuss trying for #2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I *swear* this was just asked. Maybe on 3T or IF veterans? (I've been lurking a lot lately) ;)

Have you tried searching any other boards? Might help to expand your search criteria. GL!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the responses. Just wanted to post that I got the answer I was expecting. No mixing. Since they are in different oils and there is no guarantee that efficacy is not effected by mixing. But I've got my routine down now, so the two syringes aren't so bad. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"