TTC after 35
Options

Vent: Provera no AF and now cross hairs! ugh!

My body is starting to tick me off!

Doc put me on Provera to reboot... got the withdrawal crying crap, then waited patiently for AF. Thought she would show on wed... because of past withdrawal timing. .. but nope. Finally on Friday, about 3 drops (like more when I've cut myself shaving lol). Thought that was the start but nope. .. nothing else. Today maybe a teaspoon of brown but that was it nothingelse and to add insult to injury... my temp had been going UP since I went off and today FF decides to put cross hairs on my chart. Wth? The open circle is because I woke up 30 min earlier than usual. Fully expecting AF in the next week but ugh!ugh!ugh! I was fully prepared for this to take a while but all this weird crap is ticking me off. FF is not my friend right now. LOL.

Thanks for letting me vent (again). I know some of you are going through a lot more and I have no idea how you do it.
me:41   dh:43 
Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart

Re: Vent: Provera no AF and now cross hairs! ugh!

• Options
    How annoying.  And how weird that FF gave you cross-hairs post-Provera.  Huh.  I'm stumped.  I know you weren't asking for answers, but I always try to give insight and I have NOTHING.  Just weird.  I'm sorry you're dealing with this.  :(
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Can you specify to FF that you had that specific medication?  Maybe that would take away the cross hairs.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lcwed said:

Can you specify to FF that you had that specific medication?  Maybe that would take away the cross hairs.

It did...I guess that was a VIP feature that has expired. I started them at cd 47 2x a day for 5 days. I can't remember the dosage but he thought it would being on af within a week. ..but he did say not to worry until 2 weeks. The cross hairs showed up before the VIP expired, and are still there. It just irritated me. Lol. I know it's just the calculation it does. Temp dropped some today so well see what happens tomorrow. I'm pretty glad for the holiday week to distract me (and hopefully all of you too!).

@Heath&Jas‌ thanks. Yeah, just weird. But that would be appropriate for me. :) my attitude has been adjusted. Thank you for letting me vent. I appreciate it.
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Have you taken an hpt?  How long is your typical lp?
  • Options
    kelley72 said:

Have you taken an hpt?  How long is your typical lp?

I took several until my doctor visit when he did one more and put me on Provera. I didn't start temping until cd 28 this time, was going to be stress free and just lots of bd. (Dh's idea that I have since convinced him otherwise). Have always been about 28 days.

I did play with my chart this morning and discarded all the temps from Vegas when I was jet lagged and probably didn't have 3 hours of sleep. Also a couple where I noted I woke up from reflux to see what that did. It actually gave me cross hairs earlier. So who knows. Might test just to be sure, but I am pretty sure I'm out, I just need my temp to go back down and af to show so I can start over. :)

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I am sorry for your frustration *hug*

I have crosshairs on my chart this morning too but I don't know enough about charting to know if I should be frustrated or not lol 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    @Nikolie93‌ Do you have a link? My frustration was just when they showed after Provera, which was just mean because you shouldn't o after progesterone, your temp should drop, lol. I've since taken out some questionable temps so the new cross hairs are in a different place...but probably still invalid. I'll have to wait until next month for legit ones.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/54d220

I actually just started temping this month so I wasn't really expecting much but I have been reading all the lessons that FF is sending me so I am trying to learn SOME stuff before I see the RE for the first time in a few weeks. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    That's a great chart. No idea of your bd timing but that one is a clear shift so if you hit the right times you should be happy for those cross hairs!

For practice:I love the chart game on FF.. still only getting 85-90% but I'm usually within a day when I get it wrong. Great tool.

Last time I temped was about 13 years ago and no apps...just paper. I was married to my ex and since you have to bd to conceive.... it didn't really matter. Blessing in disguise since we got divorced shortly afterwards. :)

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Thanks! I didn't know there was a game on FF, that is right up my alley lol 

I have always been pretty regular with AF and also pretty consistent with my ovulation timeframes (I know it's not accurate unless you're temping but I could tell
    around the time due to my CM). 

And I am with you on the blessing in disguise with the ex! 

• Options
    I'm still confused as to when you took the Provera.. what cycle day?  How long has it been since you took the last pill?

Best wishes as I know the delay of waiting on something you don't even want is a pita!
  • Options
    @kelley72‌ They had me start on the evening of cd 47, finished the morning of cd 52 (2x day for 5 days) and am now on cd 61. Cross hairs have disappeared after my temp drop the last couple of days.. no sign of af today at all.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Progesterone is what makes your temp rise to indicate that you have ovulated so it makes sense that provera (a form of progesterone) will make you temp rise and FF will think you ovulated.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    Yeah, I expected that. The CH actually showed up originally on cd 55 after a drop and a rise....and I finished Provera on cd 52. Since my temp drop the last couple of days I'm expecting maybe af, but if nothing by Sunday Doc wants to see me again....af should have shown up in 3-7 days but they let it go 14 before doing anything else.

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"